Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

according to this comment
Josh • 15 hours ago • parent
The document I'm referring to spells out 3 devices with multiple colors, the 2 HDs motxt92- and the Razr Micro, motxt907. For additional fun, it also gives the same time-frame for the Galaxy Tab 2, if anyone could still be possibly interested in that device when the Nexus7 is a much better device.

the RAZR Micro is xt907 which is this one (leaked photo)
View attachment 54474

I did read it and to think that a company would release two of the same phones except one has a larger battery on the same network is crazy. How well do you think the razor would have done if the razor maxx came out with it? Motorola had one their worst years of sales in the past year because they kept releasing the same phone over over again with very little changes between the phones which is why they said that they will not be releasing as meany phones as they did in the past. Competing against yourself is never a good idea.

Its hard to say what the razr would've done had it been released with the maxx. I would think it wouldn't have sold as well.. but you just don't know that.

There are people that buy the razr and not the maxx to this day. They don't want/need the battery life, or they want one of the color variants, or it comes down to price.

So its tough to say. But I personally think its a good thing... because if the consumer wants a choice, its being offered. And with non removable batteries, I think a standard and maxx version should be out there.

But that's just me. I think that perhaps they could bump the stats on the maxx variant a little... processor speed, or a slightly different UI... but that's not gonna happen.

Yes!!! Finally!!! Moto is gearing up for a rotten fruit hunt!!!!

At least I hope that's what's going on... now maybe android will innovate in certain directions that it hasn't so it will blow away iOS :)

Bad thing is they cutting jobs and I fear they will be jobs in America and we really cant afford to lose any more jobs. Hopefully they get their stuff together and truly innovatr.

Bad thing is they cutting jobs and I fear they will be jobs in America and we really cant afford to lose any more jobs. Hopefully they get their stuff together and truly innovatr.

This is true... but supposedly the majority if the jobs are being cut outside of America... we'll see.

Shame that it took Google reigning things in to get things back on track. It's amazing how myopic some executives become once they get control of a company, and clearly Moto's former leadership lost perspective.

proves the point that is important to listen to your loyal customers. If your fan base says "locking down phones and loading it with heavy software is a bad move" and your response is "you can go buy something else". Well it won't take long before a company will be regretting that decision. Its simple 1) allow options to fully unlock the bootloader for those who choose (ie nexus). The nexus is fully unlocked with the factory images on google's site the percentage of hard bricked device is not enough to lock them down or do like htc is doing. 2) innovate

If you allow an unlocked bootloader even if a phone reaches its end of life users can still run the latest software through roms.

If you allow an unlocked bootloader even if a phone reaches its end of life users can still run the latest software through roms.

thats good for the consumers not manufacturers, ... most companies want you to enjoy your new phone for as little time as possible so you can aspire to a new phone as fast as possible.

so i guess the coming motorola RAZR line will be the last "pure" motorola devices before Google effective reign begins, its a good thing, .. but kindda sad.

thats good for the consumers not manufacturers, ... most companies want you to enjoy your new phone for as little time as possible so you can aspire to a new phone as fast as possible.

so i guess the coming motorola RAZR line will be the last "pure" motorola devices before Google effective reign begins, its a good thing, .. but kindda sad.

its not good for oems. That is one of the reasons the iphone is popular. You know when you buy that phone it will be supported for atleast 2 years if not more and that helps with the resell value. Google wants users to have a device to be supported for atleast 2 years. Not allowing updates is bad because after awhile users will get tired of having to buy a phone every year. I love my nexus because it is unlock able. My issue was the lte radios but it appears motorola razrs are having the same issues so I am in a position where the only updating I will do is because i want to and not have to.

By the way I was blessed that after the 4th Nexus I landed one with decent radios.

I definitely won't be buying anything with the potential to be locked down. I'm super grateful that development has continued so steadfastly on the D2. It's got to suck for people on the D3 and D4 having so little in the way of options on their phones. Not only do I have a custom Rom, I freaking have Google Now. No one puts baby in a corner!:happy3:

I definitely won't be buying anything with the potential to be locked down. I'm super grateful that development has continued so steadfastly on the D2. It's got to suck for people on the D3 and D4 having so little in the way of options on their phones. Not only do I have a custom Rom, I freaking have Google Now. No one puts baby in a corner!:happy3:

d3 has development...but you want a buffet of development get a nexus. Its like christmas every other day.

http://bit.ly/QxeoYp

If this is true and they wait to announce the phone or phones until October will you guys still buy it considering it will already be behind spec wise when HTC and Samsung and the iPhone all come out with there new phones

d3 has development...but you want a buffet of development get a nexus. Its like christmas every other day.
Yeah, I know the D3 isn't dead, but it's progressed ridiculously slowly, and the D4 isn't much better. No more locked bootloaders for me.

If its being held until October, I'm hoping that they'll innovate it some.. like giving it jb

Back