Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

pc747 said:
Motorola better to do a REAL good job marketing this thing. Right now they are about to suffer another quarterly loss. now if they could market it to make crap look like gold they could minimize the loss. Because right now we know how we all feel about this phones specs wise the only thing even making us half way considering it is because of the name on the device "motorola (which means great build quality and radios in our minds)" . So they better hammer on that and the look and hide the specs sheet :p. That way they can jedi mind trick the community into thinking this is an awesome phone when we have the note 2, htc super phone, and another nexus on the horizon.

You are 100% correct. If Motorola does not do something big with this phone HTC and Motorola are going to greatly benefit from Motorola's stupidity and they are going to lose a lot of customers

Motorola better to do a REAL good job marketing this thing. Right now they are about to suffer another quarterly loss. now if they could market it to make crap look like gold they could minimize the loss. Because right now we know how we all feel about this phones specs wise the only thing even making us half way considering it is because of the name on the device "motorola (which means great build quality and radios in our minds)" . So they better hammer on that and the look and hide the specs sheet :p. That way they can jedi mind trick the community into thinking this is an awesome phone when we have the note 2, htc super phone, and another nexus on the horizon.

Roflmfao... only you could put it this way :) :rofl3:
Good points..

Last edited:
If the Razr HD has a BSI camera and 2GB of RAM I'll probably jump for it. I think the 2530mAH battery is still pretty awesome and I like the design. Also, I may be the only one but I find the MicroHDMI port to be very useful. Not many vendors seem to put that on their devices so it's another moto plus for me besides the build, signal stength, and water resistant nano-coating. If it doesn't have the BSI camera or the 2GB of RAM I'm not sure what I'll do. I don't love the Galaxy SIII, I mean it's great but I'm probably most scared of Samsung since they're Android track record (GPS, OS updates) is not very good. For me there is no need for a 1080p display on a 5" screen so I don't know if the HTC Endeavor C2 is what I want. I've been disappointed with most Nexus phones so the thought of five coming out doesn't get me too excited...the G1 had too low a screen resolution (my WinMo at the time was already 480x640), the Nexus One had the Snapdragon S1 which was just terrible with a large 65nm die size (bad battery life) and a slow GPU. The Nexus S had no notification LED or MicroSD card slot. The Galaxy Nexus has no MicroSD card slot and I don't think any Nexus phone has had a MicroHDMI port. Maybe a Moto Nexus will do it. Oh, and if you count the original Droid I wasn't interested in that because I don't want a physical keyboard.
I really hope the Razr HD has 2GB of RAM and a BSI camera (sounds like there is a good chance it has the later - about time moto!).

My biggest disappointment is that most people are only going to care about is that its "HD".! That's the reason they are going to buy this phone!
But the jokes on them when they realize that it doesn't support "Flash" and half of what they would even "Want" the "HD" for, won't even be available for them to watch on it! Pitiful, just Pitiful!! :(

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

My hopes for 2gb of ram are high as well. Cant see a new flagship coming out with lower specs than whats already out. Id LOVE to have 4.1 in the works at release as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

My biggest disappointment is that most people are only going to care about is that its "HD".! That's the reason they are going to buy this phone!
But the jokes on them when they realize that it doesn't support "Flash" and half of what they would even "Want" the "HD" for, won't even be available for them to watch on it! Pitiful, just Pitiful!! :(

It doesn't support flash?

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

It doesn't support flash?

So far, most (if not all) of the ICS updates for Motorola phones have crippled Flash. It works on some sites, but not on most. While it's not known for sure, based upon that, it's possible (probably even likely) that the RAZR HD won't properly support it either.

So far, most (if not all) of the ICS updates for Motorola phones have crippled Flash. It works on some sites, but not on most. While it's not known for sure, based upon that, it's possible (probably even likely) that the RAZR HD won't properly support it either.

Does it matter? JB doesn't support it at all right?

I wasn't aware of this thanks for the info. I may hold out until they say solve that issue if they even decide to.

Does it matter? JB doesn't support it at all right?

Flash is not officially supported on Jelly Bean, but that doesn't mean it won't work if you install it. Flash works just fine on my Transformer TF300 with Jelly Bean. I've also read many reports of Flash working on the Galaxy Nexus running Jelly Bean.

I wasn't aware of this thanks for the info. I may hold out until they say solve that issue if they even decide to.

Since Flash is no longer being developed for Android, and since it won't be officially supported in any form or fashion past ICS, I wouldn't hold out for them to solve the issue. All Motorola has to say is that it's no longer supported by Adobe and they've got an excuse not to address it. And actually, that's what Motorola has been saying regarding the issue. I wouldn't expect them to change their tune and try to resolve it.

Last edited:
Flash does work with jb.. people are side loading it onto the n7... I haven't yet.. doubt I will...

Flash is not officially supported on Jelly Bean, but that doesn't mean it won't work if you install it. Flash works just fine on my Transformer TF300 with Jelly Bean. I've also read many reports of Flash working on the Galaxy Nexus running Jelly Bean.

Since Flash is no longer being developed for Android, and since it won't be officially supported in any form or fashion past ICS, I wouldn't hold out for them to solve the issue. All Motorola has to say is that it's no longer supported by Adobe and they've got an excuse not to address it. And actually, that's what Motorola has been saying regarding the issue. I wouldn't expect them to change their tune and try to resolve it.

Hmm that's seems to be a step backwards as far as phones and tablets replacing pcs and laptops imo.

Hmm that's seems to be a step backwards as far as phones and tablets replacing pcs and laptops imo.

Isnt everyrhing going to html5?

Yeah, that's the direction things are moving in. It will take a good long while for the entire internet to make the change though.

mgrande said:

Yes it is! Because its a much better/customizable Format! But that would entail thousands of programs and sites to switch over to the new format!
What is their initiative to do that??? "Flash is working just fine for them right now! That's extra money they have to spend to change it over!
When all the PC's and Phones go to HTML only, that's when it will all change!
Until then were screwed!

Back