Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

Is the GT-I9260 Really the Next Nexus From Google and Samsung? – Droid Life

If this is real about the next galaxy nexus things may get real interesting.
That would be interesting if it has a 1080p display - is that what the "HD" means on that model (just double checked and it says that for the GSIII too so it's not neccisarily 1080p)? I'm glad it has the MicroSD slot but who wants a 45nm Cortex A9 processor on a Nexus device they're getting at the end of 2012? At least the Exynos Quad is a 32nm Cortex A9. I would want at least a Krait or a real Cortex A15 (which isn't quite out yet). Seems kind of last-year to me. I think dual-core is fine but beef up those two cores!!!

Last edited:
That would be interesting if it has a 1080p display - is that what the "HD" means on that model (just double checked and it says that for the GSIII too so it's not neccisarily 1080p)? I'm glad it has the MicroSD slot but who wants a 45nm Cortex A9 processor on a Nexus device they're getting at the end of 2012? At least the Exynos Quad is a 32nm Cortex A9. I would want at least a Krait or a real Cortex A15 (which isn't quite out yet). Seems kind of last-year to me. I think dual-core is fine but beef up those two cores!!!

720p is also considered to be HD as well. 720p is the resolution of the current Galaxy Nexus as well as the Galaxy S3, and presumably it would be the same on this device.

If the phone turns out to be real, I agree with the last paragraph of the article. I think it would be more of a mid-range device that's a cheaper alternative the new Nexus once it's released (or the several new ones), like how Apple takes the previous year's iPhone and knocks the price down when the new model debuts. This would give Google more price points on Nexus devices and would appeal to a broader consumer base. It would really be interesting if it was priced between $199 and $299 direct with no contract.

Last edited:
Manish54 said:
Everyone says motorola has better built quality.... but what this built quality exactly is ???:blink:

The entire phone :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Looks like its down to razr hd or sg3.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Verizon Reportedly Blocks Vacations in September Because of iPhone 5 Launch, Poor Motorola – Droid Life

^basically what we have been saying. Literally from the end of July until Sept 5 moto had basically a dead period in cell phones. You would think that would be the best time to go ahead and announce and release this thing into the market. Really they going to need better specs then what is being reported to go head to head with the iphone. Try 2gigs of ram, jb, and an unlockable boot loader.

pc747 said:
Verizon Reportedly Blocks Vacations in September Because of iPhone 5 Launch, Poor Motorola – Droid Life

^basically what we have been saying. Literally from the end of July until Sept 5 moto had basically a dead period in cell phones. You would think that would be the best time to go ahead and announce and release this thing into the market. Really they going to need better specs then what is being reported to go head to head with the iphone. Try 2gigs of ram, jb, and an unlockable boot loader.

Maybe they've got something so far under wraps that it's being hidden from us all and it's going to wow us all.

Maybe they've got something so far under wraps that it's being hidden from us all and it's going to wow us all.

You're truly wishful thinking.. :) me too!!! :D

Exactly, not when sg3 has 2 gigs of ram

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pc747 said:

"Dead time" could be due to Motorola (preparing and implementing) for the Google Takeover! The resources involved would have trumped alot of projects!
We now know all lower end phone projects have been terminated! And what's coming out right now has already been on their drawing boards for awhile now!
So I think till Xmas, everything on the production lines right now will be pushed out to clear inventory! We are "NOT" going to get anything till after this happens!
Its gonna be sometime in 2013 that we're going to see the Real, Official, MotoGoog lineup of High End Smartphones!
"Google has a Plan", Now they have to Build them! And we have to wait!
I'm just Giddy to see what this new Team comes up with! I'll bet its BadA$$ I can't wait!!! :-D

"Dead time" could be due to Motorola (preparing and implementing) for the Google Takeover! The resources involved would have trumped alot of projects!
We now know all lower end phone projects have been terminated! And what's coming out right now has already been on their drawing boards for awhile now!
So I think till Xmas, everything on the production lines right now will be pushed out to clear inventory! We are "NOT" going to get anything till after this happens!
Its gonna be sometime in 2013 that we're going to see the Real, Official, MotoGoog lineup of High End Smartphones!
"Google has a Plan", Now they have to Build them! And we have to wait!
I'm just Giddy to see what this new Team comes up with! I'll bet its BadA$$ I can't wait!!! :-D

That's exactly what I was thinking. I expect it to take a while for two multi-billion dollar companies to become one, so patience is the key at this point.

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Back