Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

whiterazrmeng.jpg

Based on what we seen today who is interested in one of them ^ :biggrin:

Wow apparently you haven't watched any of the videos that show just how good the medfield with the powervr sgx 544 it is awesome. Not to mention the single core having ht which gives to logical cores. The 32nm makes it extremely efficient. x86 that would allow some pretty crazy things like running windows virtual systems..
I did see an extremely impressive video showing it running with one core and awesome results. You're right, at 32nm it should do fine on power. What scares me the most is Android app compatibility and optimization. Nothing is optimized for X86. I want Android apps to run perfectly more than I want Windows apps to run at all.

Either way just to reiterate I am stepping out of line for the Razr hd.
I may be out too. The LG G is looking pretty incredible and the Sony T may have an Adreno 320 with it's S4. If the Razr HD has 2GB of RAM I may stick with it since I actually love having a MicroHDMI port and what Moto has done with it (Tablet gui mode on your TV). We'll see.

I may be out too. The LG G is looking pretty incredible and the Sony T may have an Adreno 320 with it's S4. If the Razr HD has 2GB of RAM I may stick with it since I actually love having a MicroHDMI port and what Moto has done with it (Tablet gui mode on your TV). We'll see.

You right, at this point motorola has to release that thing with 2 gigs of ram and jb in order to compete. Failure to do that and the razr hd might as well be a mid level phone and the razr m a low mid level phone.

Just sayin.

I did see an extremely impressive video showing it running with one core and awesome results. You're right, at 32nm it should do fine on power. What scares me the most is Android app compatibility and optimization. Nothing is optimized for X86. I want Android apps to run perfectly more than I want Windows apps to run at all.

I honestly cannot speak on whether the architecture will cause that big of an issue with compatibility. hopefully there isn't much, if any, compatibility issues as it's all linux

Anyone else find it disturbing that Sept. 5 is one week away and we know EVERYTHING about the Razr M, a phone that we hadn't even heard of a month ago, yet we still don't know any confirmed specs for the HD, a phone that has been on our radar since spring? I'm beginning to worry that they're NOT announcing it next week..

What I find funny is that the HD will be blown out of the water by their announcement on the 18th

What I find funny is that the HD will be blown out of the water by their announcement on the 18th

And with the rate Motorola is going, the Intel device will launch exclusively on T-Mobile or Sprint...if it even gets an official U.S. release.

If I was Motorola I would just say for get about the HD. If they put it out now they are going to lose money on it. Why put out a phone that is not going to complete?

Anyone else find it disturbing that Sept. 5 is one week away and we know EVERYTHING about the Razr M, a phone that we hadn't even heard of a month ago, yet we still don't know any confirmed specs for the HD, a phone that has been on our radar since spring? I'm beginning to worry that they're NOT announcing it next week..
Im worried too.

Thats why I dont think it will be a phone

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I think it might be a tablet.. or a phone.. it will be the first in the "new" moto line... possibly for December or November...but who knows..

I honestly cannot speak on whether the architecture will cause that big of an issue with compatibility. hopefully there isn't much, if any, compatibility issues as it's all linux

what are you guys talking about? .. if android (as a whole OS) made compatible with the intel x86 chipset, the android apps will be compatible by default, ... when an app is developed the developer and the app dont care about what architectural vendor of the chipset of the device is, the only thing that matters is the android version and features / apis.

so its Android team's job to make sure their OS is compatible with intel chipsets not the app developers, and this cant be like "half compatible" where some apps work and some dont, its either completely compatible (all the android APIs work with intel CPU as they work on ARM chipsets) or not since now android runs same OS version on tablets, phones and phablets, thats the beauty of no fragmentation. and judging by the announcement of Motorola and Intel, i would say the step of testing compatiblty has been done and successful.

and regarding single core / multi core. if an app is developed to support multi-core, it doesnt mean that it cant handle single core (single core is the base, multi core is an option). so apps that support multi-core should not have any problems what so ever running on single (assuming powerful) core.

Last edited:
You right, at this point motorola has to release that thing with 2 gigs of ram and jb in order to compete. Failure to do that and the razr hd might as well be a mid level phone and the razr m a low mid level phone.
True, it needs Jelly Bean.
Sad but true. The Razr HD could almost be a mid-level phone.

Actually, what will save it if anything is probably Java more than Linux. Linux programs need to be compiled for a specific processor type. Java basically runs the app in a virtual machine isolating you from the physical hardware - getting you around the problem. The problem is there are processor specific optimizations that apps have already for processors out there. I'm not sure how many developers will want to put out new versions of their app to make it run well on the Intel processors. It was a big problem for the Cisco Cius. It may not matter for most apps but probably will for games and media players. I don't know for sure but this is what I would expect.

Maybe Moto wants to pull out "one more thing". Apple will probably sue them for it.

Back