Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

What I find funny is that the HD will be blown out of the water by their announcement on the 18th
It will take a lot to convince me to buy an Intel powered Android device. I guess it's worked ok for some Google TV's but people don't seem to love them or they're just not selling that well.

And with the rate Motorola is going, the Intel device will launch exclusively on T-Mobile or Sprint...if it even gets an official U.S. release.
I don't think Moto has ever released their highest end device on anything other than Verizon. I guess you could call the Atrix an exception but it was sort of a side project and not marketed as much it seems to me. The Bionic and Razr and maybe even X2 seemed to get far more attention. Since the new Atrix HD is out I expect anything else that's high-end to be released on Verizon.

I don't think Moto has ever released their highest end device on anything other than Verizon. I guess you could call the Atrix an exception but it was sort of a side project and not marketed as much it seems to me. The Bionic and Razr and maybe even X2 seemed to get far more attention. Since the new Atrix HD is out I expect anything else that's high-end to be released on Verizon.

The Atrix was marketed like crazy with the lapdock. There were commercials with the guy going through security at the airport everywhere. It definitely wasn't a side project. And it wasn't until 8 months or so later than Verizon received a comparable device (the Bionic). So, while you're right that Motorola typically does release their high-end Android phones on Verizon, there is precedent for them releasing them on other carriers. I just don't see them announcing two new Verizon phones on the 5th just to turn around and announce another one on the 18th. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me (but of course, they do things that don't make a whole lot of sense all the time). Because of that, I'm thinking whatever they're announcing on the 18th either isn't a phone or it isn't going to debut on Verizon.

what are you guys talking about? .. if android (as a whole OS) made compatible with the intel x86 chipset, the android apps will be compatible by default, ... when an app is developed the developer and the app dont care about what architectural vendor of the chipset of the device is, the only thing that matters is the android version and features / apis.
I'm pretty sure you're not correct. The os needs to be compiled for the processor type at least, not neccicarily that processor. The apps it runs also need to be compiled for that version of linux and that processor type. That's why back in WinMo day's we would need to download the version of the app for our devices, either arm, mips, or sh3. The app is processor specific. Yeah, winmo wasn't linux but it's the same idea.

Java does isolate the app from the hardware so you don't need to compile java apps for a specific processor though I think a number of games and other media apps do have specific optimizations in them to make them work well on say a Tegra 2, Tegra 3, Adreno, or PowerVR. Again, maybe it doesn't affect as many apps as I think but I know it was a big problem with the Cius since it had an Atom (x86) processor. Yeah, most of those optimizations seem to be for the GPU. I'm not sure if they all are or not but it could make the difference in a game being playable or awesome.

motorola is not the first

[video=youtube;ex5vpbdyD18]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex5vpbdyD18[/video]

Aaaaaand still no HD leaks :mad:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Aaaaaand still no HD leaks :mad:

Has anyone else thought that the razr hd may have never existed and someone got the atrix hd and a razr m rumor mixed?

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Im just afraid thay the release wont be for a while. Ive been super close to just getting a maxx

Im just afraid thay the release wont be for a while. Ive been super close to just getting a maxx
I think it has to be soon and it needs to come with 2GB of RAM and Jelly Bean if it's going to be a competitive high-end device. If not, I'm afraid it won't sell well. I may even get a GS3 or the LG G. At this point maybe I should just wait for the HTC Endeavour C2.

I think it has to be soon and it needs to come with 2GB of RAM and Jelly Bean if it's going to be a competitive high-end device. If not, I'm afraid it won't sell well. I may even get a GS3 or the LG G. At this point maybe I should just wait for the HTC Endeavour C2.

Maybe thats why we havent seen any recent leaks

Who wants one

Motorola edge-to-edge smartphone rumor: No bezels on wide display

Motorola-DROID-RAZR-M.jpg

I don't, I like a small bezel on the sides to prevent ghost typing

Sent from a Droid2 Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

Back