Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

Also build quality.. and as far as the s3 having a big battery... 3000mah and a much bigger screen...

Yeah we don't know how efficient the processor will be, but with as many tweaks as they've added to touchwiz, its gotta be heavy and very taxing on the cycles of the processor.

Perhaps I'll be wrong... but i'd bet the maxx should have a lot better battery life.. we'll see though... I don't know a lot about Samsung devices.

3800mah battery with a 4.7 inch screen, lighter (near stock) ui, stronger radios vs 3000 mah 5.5 inch screen, heavy touchwiz, quad core, 2 gigs of ram.

I expect around 8-10 hrs on the note 2 which is a typical work day vs 27 hrs on the maxx hd which means when I take my phone off charger I will not have to charge it again until bed time no matter how hard I use it.

I expect around 8-10 hrs on the note 2 which is a typical work day vs 27 hrs on the maxx hd which means when I take my phone off charger I will not have to charge it again until bed time no matter how hard I use it.

The connectivity of the chips will also play a huge factor in how long the battery lasts.. as will the service in any given area... like my area.. I can kill a maxx in record time... crappy service...:thumbdown:

3800mah battery with a 4.7 inch screen, lighter (near stock) ui, stronger radios vs 3000 mah 5.5 inch screen, heavy touchwiz, quad core, 2 gigs of ram.

Who cares about UI we all install custom roms anyway. And whats so great about motorola radios? My Bionic is far from "strong radio"

The connectivity of the chips will also play a huge factor in how long the battery lasts.. as will the service in any given area... like my area.. I can kill a maxx in record time... crappy service...:thumbdown:

What do you consider record time for a maxx? I can kill my old d2 in 2 hours netflix or youtube and similar data intensive activities.:)

Sent from a Droid2 Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

What do you consider record time for a maxx? I can kill my old d2 in 2 hours netflix or youtube and similar data intensive activities.:)

Let's put it this way... on a bad day with vzw's service.. I can not use my device, with battery extender on, and it'd be lucky to last 8 hours... less than 30 mins screen on time.

But if I go a block over, I can get 6 hours of screen on time... or on a good day in an get 6 hours of screen on time. :eek: it bounces that much..lmao.

Let's put it this way... on a bad day with vzw's service.. I can not use my device, with battery extender on, and it'd be lucky to last 8 hours... less than 30 mins screen on time.

But if I go a block over, I can get 6 hours of screen on time... or on a good day in an get 6 hours of screen on time. :eek: it bounces that much..lmao.

man do you live on the fringe.

Who cares about UI we all install custom roms anyway. And whats so great about motorola radios? My Bionic is far from "strong radio"

motorola in general has better radios. Depending on where you live or work may influence what device may best work for you. Where I work my nexus struggles to maintain lte where my tbolt and rezound never had an issue.

No that's where you're wrong... you flash roms... the average joe doesn't know what a rom is.. those are the people that will care.. remember, people that root and rom make up a fraction of the user base.

And I just was talking about radios in another thread... its worth repeating... all of the companies are having issues with lte... ALL of them.

I know for a fact that the majority of the issue is on vzw's end... they make a tweak to their network that alters a slight portion of how the network identified and registers a device or signal... then we all start dropping again..

Then there's the razr m... great hardware..but the antennae seems to have an issue.. not good, but is it the antenna or is it a tweak in its version of ics???

Razr users noticed a drop in reception upon getting the ics update... that's one of the reasons why the soak ran for as long as it did.. also one of the rumored reasons that bionics haven't gotten approved for ics yet... and flash issues..

Idk, I haven't flashed ics onto any if my bionics.. and I don't intend to..

they're being sold off along with a lot of my other older devices... time to update the hardware with a note 2 and a maxx HD and probably a windows 8 device... if I like it...

Last edited:
man do you live on the fringe.

Yes and no.. it doesn't show that I'm in a fringe area... but its the way they have the antennas set up... I have a trouble ticket in and its getting better. Remember... I know a little bit more than the average person when it comes to towers lol.

Wow bad 4g reception is a major battery killer. I never would've thought a maxx battery could be wiped out that easily.

No that's where you're wrong... you flash roms... the average joe doesn't know what a rom is.. those are the people that will care.. remember, people that root and rom make up a fraction of the user base.

And I just was talking about radios in another thread... its worth repeating... all of the companies are having issues with lte... ALL of them.

I know for a fact that the majority of the issue is on vzw's end... they make a tweak to their network that alters a slight portion of how the network identified and registers a device or signal... then we all start dropping again..

Then there's the razr m... great hardware..but the antennae seems to have an issue.. not good, but is it the antenna or is it a tweak in its version of ics???

Razr users noticed a drop in reception upon getting the ics update... that's one of the reasons why the soak ran for as long as it did.. also one of the rumored reasons that bionics haven't gotten approved for ics yet... and flash issues..

Idk, I haven't flashed ics onto any if my bionics.. and I don't intend to..

they're being sold off along with a lot of my other older devices... time to update the hardware with a note 2 and a maxx HD and probably a windows 8 device... if I like it...

Part of my concern with vzw. Will they figure it out and get it right or be too stubborn trying to control access that they are slow to fix the authentication issues?
How often to you suffer drops or loss of lte?
And do you think vzw approach of building more towers and being the "first" with wide spread lte may be blinding them from fixing the problem?

Wow bad 4g reception is a major battery killer. I never would've thought a maxx battery could be wiped out that easily.

My first cell was the lg vx8100 I was in an area with horribly spotty 3g service and my battery died in the hours without using because it was jumping networks so much. I've has this happen with my bionic between 3g - 4g.

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.

Part of my concern with vzw. Will they figure it out and get it right or be too stubborn trying to control access that they are slow to fix the authentication issues?
How often to you suffer drops or loss of lte?
And do you think vzw approach of building more towers and being the "first" with wide spread lte may be blinding them from fixing the problem?

The funny part is that I don't lose 4g. Before we had 4g, we had maxxed out 3g.. now we have poor 3g.. so, poor 3g and poor 4g..

So I sit at -150dbm on bad days(LTE)that's practically no signal.

On good days-96 LTE. just a block over I get-68dbm.. its stupid. And I'm 1.6 miles from the tower. ..

Back