Droid update this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ Can we stop posting that you didn't get the update, and only post when you do?^^^
Its flooding the thread.

how come no one else has recieved this update anymore? what happened? did it just quit alltogether?

I seem to have been one of the first people in with the update more than 24 hours ago. Absolutely no changes in any of the system info, but I can confirm that Facebook was updated and now installable via marketplace. (Hadn't noted the FB version number prior to update.) I initially correlated the update with the fact that I had manually installed 2.01 and possibly the deprecated version of FB; thus the update was pushed to create a get everyone on the same page for 2.1.

With the large file size and Dandroid reports, however, it does seem like something else is at play here...unannounced service release guinea pig? I haven't noticed anything else in particular as of yet but will update if I do. I'm sure another day or two will shed more light on this.
-dave

Last edited:
Facebook has nothing to do with it I did the FB update like a week ago and I never was prompted for an OTA update, if that helps clarify something

file manager

I read every post here and no i didnt get the update either and i think the post @11:12 pm states what the update is nothing good for now but to assist later .

My question is those that have got it did anyone look at their files to see what was downloaded i would think you can use astro or something and look to see what files have newer dates and get an idea whats going on.

Facebook has nothing to do with it I did the FB update like a week ago and I never was prompted for an OTA update, if that helps clarify something

Would someone mind giving me a quick rundown on the facebook update? Does it happen automatically (and how would I know if it happened) or do i have to download from the market?

Thanks!

I'm not sure if someone has already clarified this, but this patch does absolutely nothing, save from sending you back to the stock 2.0.1 update. I would imagine they wanted everyone to have a clean system/boot/recovery 2.0.1 image in order to update everyone to 2.1. [mbm] over at sholes.info has already diffed the update that went out last night with the stock 2.0.1 image and there is ZERO difference. Basically, most people should take the patch anyways so that they don't inadvertently brick their phones with the 2.1 update, but if you actually know what you're doing and plan on sticking on a clean 2.0.1 image anyways when 2.1 comes out, this patch is irrelevant.

So when 2.0.1 came out, I did the manual update method as I was tired of waiting. Does this affect future firmware pushes? Or am I gonna have to update manually from now on. I pretty much read the whole thread and didn't see this topic touched on. Sorry if this has already been asked/answered.

Is it necessary to get this update "before" we can get the final 2.1?... or is there a relation?

In other words..... until we get this maintenance update is there no reason to expect the final?

Yes there is a direct correlation there. Please download the patch guys when it's available to you. I have more on 2.1 also but we WON"T see 2.1 until this release is out there :).

Thats annoying...

Why exactly is it annoying? While i'm sure we all want to see 2.1 ASAP; this isn't the first time an OS update has ever had prerequisites that are released as updates prior to the actual new OS. Microsoft has done the same exact thing with most of it's Windows Service Packs, a set of prereqs are usually pushed out about a week ahead of the release to ensure a smooth transition.

And in some cases, if the SP is attempted to be installed without installing the prereqs first, it breaks things. Badly.

Yes there is a direct correlation there. Please download the patch guys when it's available to you. I have more on 2.1 also but we WON"T see 2.1 until this release is out there :).

Thats annoying...

Why exactly is it annoying? While i'm sure we all want to see 2.1 ASAP; this isn't the first time an OS update has ever had prerequisites that are released as updates prior to the actual new OS. Microsoft has done the same exact thing with most of it's Windows Service Packs, a set of prereqs are usually pushed out about a week ahead of the release to ensure a smooth transition.

And in some cases, if the SP is attempted to be installed without installing the prereqs first, it breaks things. Badly.

Nice to see you here this morning :). Thanks

Nice to see you here this morning :). Thanks

Yeah, enjoying some quiet forum time with my morning coffee before I need to head into work. I work at a local community college in the IT department, and this is the first day of the Spring semester - I am prepared for utter chaos. Probably worse than the chaos in the forums once 2.1 actually does drop! :rofl3:

What should the build number be? Because I haven't gotten a update notice that I can remember but I checked and I have this

Firmware Version 2.0.1
Build ESD56

Did I get the update and not know it?

EDIT Oh wait we are going to what ESD59?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back