Droid update this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still it tells what it does and I would personally prefer even if too technical for the general public a little info on what it does.
Are you for real? Deal with it. Every once in a while you get a notification that your phone has to update, how annoying can that possibly be?

Look at what people are saying -- it doesn't do anything you can see. It gets your phone closer to being ready to update. Who cares?

Are you really nit picking at what I'm saying? I didn't say "GOD I'M ANGRY AHHH" I simply said its annoying...A inconvenience if you want. And obviously someone cares because they had enough care to make the topic.

Are you really nit picking at what I'm saying? I didn't say "GOD I'M ANGRY AHHH" I simply said its annoying...A inconvenience if you want. And obviously someone cares because they had enough care to make the topic.
I do that sometimes. Most people here are so ridiculously excited about updates it's hard to imagine anyone being bothered by them.

You aren't in Mechanicsville IA are you?

Is there a way to force this update over the air?

No. Ultimately, Verizon controls how the update is distributed over their own network.

I've heard differently, that the distribution is actually handled by Google. It was pretty well discussed during 2.0.1.

Now if that's an absolute fact, I don't know. I don't think it really matters in the long run. I do agree with your basic point though, you can't force it.

I'm a strong believer that if I'm getting updates to products I paid for I'd like some sort of a changelog, even if isn't something that really matters to me. With the Android platform being as open as it is I'm surprised there aren't any changelogs for every update, though I'm sure that's an issue on Verizon or Motorola's part.

Then again, most of the times I read changelogs I just skim through them thinking, "Boring... Boring... Boring... Damn... Just a maintenance update."

Still, I can't help but read changelogs. If anything, an Android update changelog would give me something else to take up my time. :p

I do that sometimes. Most people here are so ridiculously excited about updates it's hard to imagine anyone being bothered by them.

You aren't in Mechanicsville IA are you?

Nahhh VA

And excitement is not a bad thing it shows that people are still interested in a product :p

I'm a strong believer that if I'm getting updates to products I paid for I'd like some sort of a changelog, even if isn't something that really matters to me. With the Android platform being as open as it is I'm surprised there aren't any changelogs for every update, though I'm sure that's an issue on Verizon or Motorola's part.

Then again, most of the times I read changelogs I just skim through them thinking, "Boring... Boring... Boring... Damn... Just a maintenance update."

Still, I can't help but read changelogs. If anything, an Android update changelog would give me something else to take up my time. :p

I agree

Last edited:

There was one for 2.0.1 but few paid attention to it. Many in fact found fixes and a whole bunch of stuff that wasn't even on the list. Placebo?? Perhaps....:)

There was one for 2.0.1 but few paid attention to it. Many in fact found fixes and a whole bunch of stuff that wasn't even on the list. Placebo?? Perhaps....:)

Happen to have a link for this? If not, no big deal. Btw, are you near Akron? :p

Happen to have a link for this? If not, no big deal. Btw, are you near Akron? :p

I wouldn't mind seeing this link as well ._.

Found it. Prepare to be disappointed. :p

http://learning.verizonwireless.com/learning/Droid_Motorola_Software_Update.pdf

Followed a forum trail to that.

There were a lot of them around. I managed to find this one here using Google.

I'm about 45 minutes Northeast of Akron.

Somewhere on the developers site, there's a bug and change tracker. I briefly tried to find it but it wasn't obvious, so you're on your own. :)

http://developer.android.com

I wish I could tell if my call quality is bad, but who knows a lot of people complain saying I hear a squeak and just let it bother them to no end, but yeah its always nice to read these things

I manually updated to 2.0.1 and then rooted. That is the extent of the modding I've done to my phone. I never installed a rom or taskbar or fonts or anything. Do you guys think I'll get the OTA of this maintenance update and 2.1 or do you think I'm SOL and I'll have to manually update from now on? I understand that if I DO get it OTA that it will probably break root and I'm fine with that. I'd just rather go OTA than manual this time.

I wish I could tell if my call quality is bad, but who knows a lot of people complain saying I hear a squeak and just let it bother them to no end, but yeah its always nice to read these things

This document from Verizon was out back in December before 2.0.1,

This document from Verizon was out back in December before 2.0.1,

What are you trying to tell me? o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back