Droid update this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found it. Prepare to be disappointed. :p

http://learning.verizonwireless.com/learning/Droid_Motorola_Software_Update.pdf

Followed a forum trail to that.

I wish I could tell if my call quality is bad, but who knows a lot of people complain saying I hear a squeak and just let it bother them to no end, but yeah its always nice to read these things

This document from Verizon was out back in December before 2.0.1,
2.0.1 came out around 12/4. That's when Verizon released that document so yes, it was in December.

i got an update like a week ago that i haven't really seen any difference before and after. dunno if it's this maintenance patch you guys are talking about, but it's the only thing i've gotten about updates on my phone since i've gotten it back in December 14

i got an update like a week ago that i haven't really seen any difference before and after. dunno if it's this maintenance patch you guys are talking about, but it's the only thing i've gotten about updates on my phone since i've gotten it back in December 14

Did you not know the OS you were running previousy? You may want to take a look, it's kind of nice to know. If you don't know where to look post back and we will tell you.

Go into settings and the phone info and see where you are at. Post it up here for us!

Did you not know the OS you were running previousy? You may want to take a look, it's kind of nice to know. If you don't know where to look post back and we will tell you.

i believe i was running 2.0.1.

right now i have Firmware Versioin: 2.0.1
Baseband version: c_01.3E.01P
Kernel versioin: 2.6.29-omap1-g0dd7e0b android-build@apa26 #511
Build number: ESD56

i can't say what i was running before, unfortunatly

I manually updated to 2.0.1 and then rooted. That is the extent of the modding I've done to my phone. I never installed a rom or taskbar or fonts or anything. Do you guys think I'll get the OTA of this maintenance update and 2.1 or do you think I'm SOL and I'll have to manually update from now on? I understand that if I DO get it OTA that it will probably break root and I'm fine with that. I'd just rather go OTA than manual this time.
I think you're fine, from what I understand you only won't get OTA updates if you change a file that automatically requests them. If you didn't do that then you should get the notification and be able to update, but might lose root. But I've read somewhere that someone was able to get it back after the update by re-rooting it.

I manually updated to 2.0.1 and then rooted. That is the extent of the modding I've done to my phone. I never installed a rom or taskbar or fonts or anything. Do you guys think I'll get the OTA of this maintenance update and 2.1 or do you think I'm SOL and I'll have to manually update from now on? I understand that if I DO get it OTA that it will probably break root and I'm fine with that. I'd just rather go OTA than manual this time.
I think you're fine, from what I understand you only won't get OTA updates if you change a file that automatically requests them. If you didn't do that then you should get the notification and be able to update, but might lose root. But I've read somewhere that someone was able to get it back after the update by re-rooting it.

That is correct :). You will lose root with this update

Ok, sounds good to me. I haven't altered anything. I didn't even add busybox or a recovery image or anything. I rooted and then decided that I didn't even really need anything that required it.
That is correct :). You will lose root with this update
I'm fine with that, can't wait for my patch then :D I'll miss taking screenshots without a computer though :icon_eek:

No update here yet, just waiting around. I know it doesn't really add anything but i'd still like to get it just so its installed heh.

It's weird... I'm in Havertown, PA (outside of Philly) and I hear folks in NJ and other parts of PA are receiving the update... Still nothing yet :(
No update for me yet in NJ
You're from Jersey? Which exit?

Still no update in Lancaster, PA - 60 miles west of Philly, 50 miles north of Baltimore.

As stated MANY MANY times before, the patches are NOT released in an order that has to deal with what area you're in.

I don't think it's determined by anything but a computer picking devices at random from a database to push the update to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back