DroidForums.net & Ultimate Droid ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been interesting. I'm going to give my opinion. It's your phone, you can do what you like with it but plain and simple if you break the rules that were presented so nicely by jroc the company has the right to terminate your service. They can't take your phone from you, just terminate service.

This is all kind of off topic but I wouldn't feel right telling everyone to get back on topic if I just make the last comment. Lets have a few more comments and then try to get back on topic.
Sorry hook, I like to do this as a tool for learning.

Actually is their anybody here who considers rooting a phone unethical just curious because maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way.... and on another note I have had somebody take credit for my work at my job before and they gained monetary value from it so I guess this hits close to home for me.

Looking at this conversation that has been going on for the last few post makes me wish the devs and their fans could have been this civil when discussing the matter.

Actually is their anybody here who considers rooting a phone unethical just curious because maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way.... and on another note I have had somebody take credit for my work at my job before and they gained monetary value from it so I guess this hits close to home for me.
Not sure how ethics came into play, but I personally don't. However, my ethics are more than likely not on the the same level as yours across the board (more than likely mine being lower), so I think the views of something being unethical or not is a personal preference. Not saying that I can't tell right from wrong, I just view things in a "How does this effect me" sort of way. I also like to try to find hypocritical links in statements made. Don't know why, I just do :)

On your second issue, yeah that's wrong of that person at your job to do that for monetary value. Did your company have any rules in place to protect you guys from that?

We probably shouldnt go that route. It can turn this into an entirely new discussion.

Credit due is credit due. Yall are right. Just like I'm sure UD can probably get more files or whatever from Cyanogen, Koush can keep putting UD on ROM Manager. It all cancels each other out IMO. Now, if ppl started making closed source ROMS....thats a whole nother story.

I can't believe how foolish some of you really are on here.

Black Droid steals another persons work and passes it as his own, blatently lies in everyones face (talk about disrespect to us) even in the face of the facts and you defend him through everything? Reminds me of the lawyers and attorneys that defend murders and rapist (I wonder to the day the kind of people that can willing defend those in obvious wrong).

If every developer called it quits now there would be no new UD ever, there wouldn't be fixes and improvements because he wouldn't have a rom to take and theme and make his own. It's obvious he can't take any open source and compile his own rom from it. He's simply a copy/paste kid can we drop it now.

The blind can follow him on his own forum now as he's been kicked off of two forums for the same reason of stealing others work as his own.

I'd like to thank everyone that engaged me in this discussion. It has been very informational for me. :)

Not sure how ethics came into play, but I personally don't. However, my ethics are more than likely not on the the same level as yours across the board (more than likely mine being lower), so I think the views of something being unethical or not is a personal preference. Not saying that I can't tell right from wrong, I just view things in a "How does this effect me" sort of way. I also like to try to find hypocritical links in statements made. Don't know why, I just do :)

On your second issue, yeah that's wrong of that person at your job to do that for monetary value. Did your company have any rules in place to protect you guys from that?
The truth eventually came out thanks to some stand up guys I work with but lets get back on topic... uhh what was the topic again...LOL.

Black Droid steals another persons work and passes it as his own, blatently lies in everyones face (talk about disrespect to us) even in the face of the facts and you defend him through everything? Reminds me of the lawyers and attorneys that defend murders and rapist (I wonder to the day the kind of people that can willing defend those in obvious wrong).

If every developer called it quits now there would be no new UD ever, there wouldn't be fixes and improvements because he wouldn't have a rom to take and theme and make his own. It's obvious he can't take any open source and compile his own rom from it. He's simply a copy/paste kid can we drop it now.

The blind can follow him on his own forum now as he's been kicked off of two forums for the same reason of stealing others work as his own.

Like someone else couldnt decide to pick up where whoever left off.....ok. Ppl thought when Michael Jordan retired basketball would never be the same too. The only way there could be no new UD, CyanogenMOD, ROM Manager, etc is if the entire human race got wiped off the face of the earth in one blow.

You guys do know I live only an hour from Memphis, TN? I would be more than happy to arrange going to meet him, sit down and have him show us all the "work" he's putting into this! Heck I'd take my video camera and have him show us some compiling work from the source.

Get some real answers!

Like someone else couldnt decide to pick up where whoever left off.....ok. Ppl thought when Michael Jordan retired basketball would never be the same too. The only way there could be no new UD, CyanogenMOD, ROM Manager, etc is if the entire human race got wiped off the face of the earth in one blow.

Do I have to declare hypotheticals in my post? That's never going to happen of course I'm making a point hypothetically, he's a wash and wouldn't be able to do anything without someone elses work!

I might start trying to make ROMs from source, u never know. And if I do, I know what NOT to do....LOL!!!

Don't have to be blind to have a preference. Even if he outright admitted to it, it wouldn't change a thing. Why, Because it has no effect on me whatsoever. I didn't pay anything into it, I am getting it for free. If he were to stop putting out stuff this very day, I would care less and just move on to the next free thing I can find.

The people I interact with on a daily basis at work and in social settings don't give two ****s about what ROM I am running or who's name is on it. I use whatever I like and don't let popular opinion sway that. That's just me though, I'm sure that I'm the only one who feels that way. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back