DroidForums.net & Ultimate Droid ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe how foolish some of you really are on here.

Black Droid steals another persons work and passes it as his own, blatently lies in everyones face (talk about disrespect to us) even in the face of the facts and you defend him through everything? Reminds me of the lawyers and attorneys that defend murders and rapist (I wonder to the day the kind of people that can willing defend those in obvious wrong).

If every developer called it quits now there would be no new UD ever, there wouldn't be fixes and improvements because he wouldn't have a rom to take and theme and make his own. It's obvious he can't take any open source and compile his own rom from it. He's simply a copy/paste kid can we drop it now.

The blind can follow him on his own forum now as he's been kicked off of two forums for the same reason of stealing others work as his own.

Your awefully defensive for someone who is in the right.

Most of the post here have not defended BDs actions. Most of us here accept that if what is said is true...than the issue should now be over.

From the last few dozen pages people are more lamenting the fact that people came in here screaming and yelling....and throwing every accusation you could at him...just to disrupt this forum.

WHY DO YOU FEEL YOU NEED TO BE INVOVLED? Why could this not be handled at a higher more civilized level?

And please dont tell me because he lied cheated and stole...even if true...it still does not excuse the actions we are talking about here.

I dev, I've had work stolen, and It's just under my skin pretty good. I'm not defending a person or entity of any form at all for the record.

I'm just coming in here offering to meet with him if he's such a stand up guy and get some real facts/answers. I'll drive to him so he doesn't even have to make a trip :).

I dev, I've had work stolen, and It's just under my skin pretty good. I'm not defending a person or entity of any form at all for the record.

I'm just coming in here offering to meet with him if he's such a stand up guy and get some real facts/answers. I'll drive to him so he doesn't even have to make a trip :).
That's a good offer, but you would be going into it with a biased point of view, given your past experience that you spoke of.

In any situation, I am always more comfortable with hearing a final decision from a person that has no ties to either side. But, like I said before, regardless of the outcome, I will use what I like. :)

I can't believe how foolish some of you really are on here.

Black Droid steals another persons work and passes it as his own, blatently lies in everyones face (talk about disrespect to us) even in the face of the facts and you defend him through everything? Reminds me of the lawyers and attorneys that defend murders and rapist (I wonder to the day the kind of people that can willing defend those in obvious wrong).

If every developer called it quits now there would be no new UD ever, there wouldn't be fixes and improvements because he wouldn't have a rom to take and theme and make his own. It's obvious he can't take any open source and compile his own rom from it. He's simply a copy/paste kid can we drop it now.

The blind can follow him on his own forum now as he's been kicked off of two forums for the same reason of stealing others work as his own.
Don't have to be blind to have a preference. Even if he outright admitted to it, it wouldn't change a thing. Why, Because it has no effect on me whatsoever. I didn't pay anything into it, I am getting it for free. If he were to stop putting out stuff this very day, I would care less and just move on to the next free thing I can find.

The people I interact with on a daily basis at work and in social settings don't give two ****s about what ROM I am running or who's name is on it. I use whatever I like and don't let popular opinion sway that. That's just me though, I'm sure that I'm the only one who feels that way. :)

Pokebreaker I don't know you but I like the fact that your straight up with your replies, and how could a person not respect that.

Hi Mark....

It's probably best to just let the whole thing rest.

BD has moved on and th members are now getting back to the normalcy that they wanted in the first place.

People will support who they are going to support and nobody can change that.

No laws have been broken and nobody was killed : )

These guys do this as a hobby and are not on anyone's payroll. Nobody has lost their job over this whole thing.

In the grand scheme of life this whole thing is meaningless.

Lets just get back to having fun here. It's over. Ever body will come out of this for the better and the community will grow stronger.

Lets not have the forums fragment over this. BD and his team are always welcome to particpate here as is Cyanogen and his team.

Lets all come together, shake hands and make Android the best community to be involved with.

Hi Mark....

BD has moved on and th members are now getting back to the normalcy that they wanted in the first place.

These guys do this as a hobby and are not on anyone's payroll. Nobody has lost their job over this whole thing.

Lets just get back to having fun here. It's over. Ever body will come out of this for the better and the community will grow stronger.

Lets not have the forums fragment over this. BD and his team are always welcome to particpate here as is Cyanogen and his team.

Lets all come together, shake hands and make Android the best community to be involved with.
I agree.....can we hold hand now? :icon_eek:

Hi Mark....

And that is why you are super moderator and not just regular moderator... lol.

Since we are off topic, Meursault...existentialist or nihilist? Now discuss amongst yourselves...

Hi Mark....

I was on the phone with him and told him what to write. :)

Hi Mark....

I was on the phone with him and told him what to write. :)
So he blackdroided me ... who can ya trust? :):):)

I have been thinking about this whole UD thing. Remove the drama and all the "my team is better than yours" and think about it a little more. Why is this bothering me at all?

For me all this is fascinating. The difference between "them" and "us" is that those of us who are truly into understanding what we are actually doing with our phones, are manipulating code down to the base or even those very few who are actually changing the base code, consider ourselves to be included in the exclusive hacker community of phone mods, or at least if you do not, I do.

I say hack the world, and not in the same way our media has twisted the meaning of hacking. I mean truly jump into the code, pull it apart, change it, manipulate it, alter it and make it better. Discover and adventure through the lines of code, the numbers and characters, understand without benefit of years and years of college computer programing courses. Using only your ability to understand and manipulate code.

I am old school though, I started with a 150bd acoustic coupler modem, two 256k 8 inch floppy drives, CPM and a 8bit micro-coprocessor. The infancy of computers. There was nothing, no books, you had to discover things on your own. No explaining, no wiki anything. These forums, what the talented among us are able to do reminds me of how things used to be. It reminds me of the BBS services where you dialed in over an analog phone line, and posted what you had learned, what mainframe you were able to gain entry into, what phone numbers were answered by a modem. 1979, over 33 years I have been involved in this fringe culture, this "hack the world mentality" this movement as it were.

Sure we flamed each other on BBSs, that is where the term came from. When someone would say something that was stupid or ignorant, we flamed away. Sure, we fought, we posted things about each others mothers, we insulted and harassed each other. Sure we did these things, but we were children, kids really, I was 12 years old. It's what kids do. My team is better than yours, neener neener neener.

But what we didn't do, even as children, is steal each others fame or glory. We didn't claim to have hacked something we didn't. We never took someone's war dialer to pass it off as our own. We didn't steal code and say it was ours when it was obviously was not. We had a certain hacker mentality, a hacker honor if you would. Never, ever, would we claim to be what we were not. And those who did were outcast. They were thrown out, forgotten, laughed at, shamed.

All the drama aside, all of the garbage and "my ROM is better than yours" posters, all the name calling and flaming, fact is that BD claimed code was his, when it obviously is not. This might be a hard lesson for him, but maybe he will learn and come out of it a better person. Until that time, personally, I believe he should have to exist outside this community. He should have to work for his place among all those that have truly done something, have truly hacked and made available code that we all enjoy. All those people who create and change things, who manipulate code so we are all able to do what people who do not exist on the fringe cannot do. Those are the people who should be able to brag. They should be able to swagger through the forums as proud, intelligent, hackers of code. They have truly done something special, and without them none of us would be here exchanging ideas or creating anything at all new. BD should not be included in that group, not until and unless he can actually do something on his own, and prove he is deserving, oh yeah and apologize.

Actually I think if I was BD, I would change my name. I would start a new online persona. I would try to learn as much about truly hacking the code as possible. I would build all over again and never make the mistake of trying to include myself among those who are truly doing something, by stealing their bragging rights. Their code.

I am sure many of you have read this before, or perhaps have seen bits or parts of this. I am going to post it anyway. It hails from a time when computer hacking still held some of it's allure and not so much of the negative media attention. It shows how we thought back then, and how I see some of those who are hacking code now and post on these boards.

[SIZE=+1]The Hacker's Manifesto

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Another one got caught today,[/SIZE] it's all over the papers. "Teenager Arrested in Computer Crime Scandal", "Hacker Arrested After Bank Tampering"... Damn kids. They're all alike. But did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain, ever take a look behind the eyes of a Hacker? Did you ever wonder what made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him?

[SIZE=+1]I am a Hacker,[/SIZE] enter my world... Mine is a world that begins with School... I'm smarter than most of the other kids, this crap they teach us bores me... Damn underachiever. They're all alike. I'm in Junior High or High School. I've listened to Teachers explain for the fifteenth time how to reduce a fraction. I understand it. "No Ms. Smith, I didn't show my work, I did it in my head..." Damn kid, probably copied it. They're all alike.

[SIZE=+1]I made a discovery today.[/SIZE] I found a computer. Wait a second, this is cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I screwed up. Not because it doesn't like me...Or feels threatened by me... Or thinks I'm a smart ass... Or doesn't like teaching and shouldn't be here...

[SIZE=+1]Damn kid.[/SIZE] All he does is play games. They're all alike. And then it happened... A door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addicts veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. "This is it, this is where I belong..." I know everyone here, even if I've never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all.

[SIZE=+1]Damn kid,[/SIZE] tying up the phone line again. They're all alike... You bet your ass we're all alike...
[SIZE=+1]We've been spoon-fed[/SIZE] baby food at School when we hungered for steak... the bits of meat that you did let slip through were pre-chewed and tasteless. We've been dominated by sadists, or ignored by the apathetic. The few that had something to teach found us willing pupils, but those few are like drops of water in the desert.

[SIZE=+1]This is our world now,[/SIZE] the world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud. We make use of a service already existing without paying for what could be dirt-cheap if it wasn't run by profiteering gluttons, and you call us Criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us Criminals.

[SIZE=+1]We exist without skin colour,[/SIZE] without nationality, without religious bias... and you call us Criminals. You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat and lie to us, and try and make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the Criminals.

[SIZE=+1]Yes I am a Criminal,[/SIZE] my crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.

[SIZE=+1]I am a Hacker,[/SIZE] this is my Manifesto. You may stop the individual, but you can't stop us all. After all, we're all alike.

[SIZE=+1]The Mentor[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]I know this doesn't specifically have another to do directly with the news post. I know that it doesn't necessarily directly apply as well. It's more of the "feeling" I end up with after reading it. It wasn't until reading this again after all these years that I truly understood why BD's actions really bothered me.
[/SIZE]

Something that I have been taught by somebody much wiser than me, is you follow ideas, beliefs, and principles, never people they will always let you down.

Hi Mark....

TheMarkness doesn't know how to let things go. His life revolves around a simple premise:

"I must be right. And I will continue until everyone agrees with me."

It is a terrible burden he carries. To enlighten the unwashed and ignorant masses. And he will do anything it takes to make his view on the subject becomes everyone's view.

If anything we should pity him. Because he can't stop. It is a trait so ingrained he won't even stop after seeing the truth of it.

I honestly don't care to that extent (as much as some may not believe that), I've been spending time with the family past couple of nights (16 year old brother got his heart broken I remember those days!). My wife is about to graduate (May 7th) as a registered nurse and she already got offered a job by west tennessee health-care so I'm taking her out to a nice dinner tonight to celebrate with her.

Life goes on. If you guys need me I'll be coding over at alldroid and hoping RIL issues with the ZeusDroid Desire rom might fruitate soon :) (my RIL compiles no luck so far, but getting closer, not to mention Jake making considerable headway as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back