DroidForums.net & Ultimate Droid ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lions share of the Android Dev Community don't give a rip about UD and very likely CyanogenMOD.

I'd be willing to bet that a MAJORITY of devs who have made any sort of a name for themselves at all in the Android scene respect Cyanogen VERY deeply.

The lions share of the Android Dev Community don't give a rip about UD and very likely CyanogenMOD.

I'd be willing to bet that a MAJORITY of devs who have made any sort of a name for themselves at all in the Android scene respect Cyanogen VERY deeply.

After the way he acted in all this? I'm sure he has lost plenty of respect as everyone knows he could have, should have, handled it better. He even left UD in ROM Manager to keep rolling in the cash off the most popular ROM. I mean post counts prove that. Even those looking through CYAN colored glasses can see that.

Funny how people can find integrity issues within a community that is hacking in the first place. Obviously if you really cared about integrity, you wouldn't root or mod your phones in the first place, since it is a warranty voider.

How does one's voiding of their OWN warranty put their integrity into question? Unless they are bricking phones, and trying to get warranty replacements; there is no integrity question at all. Installing a custom ROM/kernel is NOT hacking, no matter what anyone says. The only way integrity would come into play would be if rooting and customizing somehow made pirating apps easier. Since we're not talking about a jailbroken iPhone here, this is not the case at all. So I don't see why you are questioning peoples integrity when running a non-offical OS?

After the way he acted in all this? I'm sure he has lost plenty of respect as everyone knows he could have, should have, handled it better. He even left UD in ROM Manager to keep rolling in the cash off the most popular ROM. I mean post counts prove that. Even those looking through CYAN colored glasses can see that.
You are wrong on so many levels. First, Koush is the owner/writer of the ROM Manager, not Cyanogen. You think he's getting money off of UD? I bought the app to donate to Koush for his hard work, not so I could get a copy/paste of his rom. How do post counts prove anything about the most popular rom? Please enlighten me.

Statistics are a funny thing, twisted you can prove anything with statistics, for example: everyone who uses UD dies. Well everyone dies sooner or later. Everyone who breaths air dies.

Likewise, people who use the argument that the number of posts on the UD forum are proof of UD support, or the number of people who were reading the posts prove it's popularity are only really using statistics as I have. I would wager that the majority of the people who were posting, and reading, were doing so because they had serious problems and issues with the ROM. I would also suggest that DM was so active about helping people, because they simply needed a lot of help, he was plugging the leaks so to speak. UD 10.0 has some serious issues.

UD was the new ROM at the time. I even tried it out. As all of us that are trying out different ROMs already know, people switch ROMs often. Maybe there should be a poll that asks what ROM you are using now, and how long have you used it. Seems like with each new release that particular ROM becomes the most popular for a time.

If you are happy with your UD version of Cyanogen, that's great. Stick with it and follow it's development. If you are like me you will probably try each new ROM as it comes out and end up with whatever you feel most comfortable with. Right now, for me, it's Cyanogen, tomorrow? I dunno.

Statistics are a funny thing, twisted you can prove anything with statistics, for example: everyone who uses UD dies. Well everyone dies sooner or later. Everyone who breaths air dies.

Likewise, people who use the argument that the number of posts on the UD forum are proof of UD support, or the number of people who were reading the posts prove it's popularity are only really using statistics as I have. I would wager that the majority of the people who were posting, and reading, were doing so because they had serious problems and issues with the ROM. I would also suggest that DM was so active about helping people, because they simply needed a lot of help, he was plugging the leaks so to speak. UD 10.0 has some serious issues.

UD was the new ROM at the time. I even tried it out. As all of us that are trying out different ROMs already know, people switch ROMs often. Maybe there should be a poll that asks what ROM you are using now, and how long have you used it. Seems like with each new release that particular ROM becomes the most popular for a time.

If you are happy with your UD version of Cyanogen, that's great. Stick with it and follow it's development. If you are like me you will probably try each new ROM as it comes out and end up with whatever you feel most comfortable with. Right now, for me, it's Cyanogen, tomorrow? I dunno.

True, but if UD is a clone, then they BOTH have serious issues. One didn't have WiFi that worked one did..re-flash and wait.

True, but if UD is a clone, then they BOTH have serious issues. One didn't have WiFi that worked one did..re-flash and wait.
5.0.6 had broken WiFi and 5.0.6.1 was released VERY shortly after the bug was realized and corrected the problem.

To the DF site staff, I do hope that you will consider re-allowing BlackDroid to post his ROMs in the future, IF he significantly changes the way he creates them. If his future work in totally on the up and up; I see no reason to continue to disallow him from posting it.
Absolutely Dave......

If he does what he says he is going to do we would welcome him posting his ROMS.

Awesome to hear. By the way, i'd like to take this opportunity to apologize for any bashing of mods/admins that I took part in the past few days when I got on my soapbox. I humbly thank you all for not sending me on "vacation" and no matter what happens; I will remain loyal to this site; just as I remain loyal to other sites I frequent (to be honest, if I didn't find alot of merit in the site, I wouldn't bother using it)

To all of you who are having trouble respecting the decision of the site's admins, i'd venture to guess you've never had the responsibility that comes with running a respected website.

Awesome to hear. By the way, i'd like to take this opportunity to apologize for any bashing of mods/admins that I took part in the past few days when I got on my soapbox. I humbly thank you all for not sending me on "vacation" and no matter what happens; I will remain loyal to this site; just as I remain loyal to other sites I frequent (to be honest, if I didn't find alot of merit in the site, I wouldn't bother using it)

To all of you who are having trouble respecting the decision of the site's admins, i'd venture to guess you've never had the responsibility that comes with running a respected website.
: )

No worries Dave...you were upset and we TOTALLY understand.

As long as your happy now thats all that matters : )

I think you missed my point. The argument that x amount of people are posting on the UD forum is proof of how popular it is, is flawed. Most of those that were posting were having serious issues, and a lot of the people who were posting were arguing about what this exact thread is about. It was, for the most part, drama and problems. Just because a lot of people are arguing and asking for help does not mean that a particular ROM is more popular than others.

And if you take the time to read through all the posts, exclude the ones that are just drama, and focus on the ones where people were having problems, it was far from being only the WIFI issue. There are many many other problems with UD, not to mention the fact that the instructions were copied and pasted from somewhere else and did not correctly represent how to install each themed ROM.

question has bd made another statement on this thread I heard he was supposed to can anyone verify for me what's up with that. thanx

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Hey, just being a member of this forum makes me happy. I remember alot of you guys (yourself especially) from back in my BlackBerry Storm days. We were able to stick together during THAT fiasco (the whole fiasco of BlackBerry Storm ownership *LOL*) - so getting through this was a piece of cake!

:icon_ banana:

Hey, just being a member of this forum makes me happy. I remember alot of you guys (yourself especially) from back in my BlackBerry Storm days. We were able to stick together during THAT fiasco (the whole fiasco of BlackBerry Storm ownership *LOL*) - so getting through this was a piece of cake!

:icon_ banana:
Yea, I was part of that fun too over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back