Froyo Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try and reformat your memory card. But before you do it take all of the sensitive stuff off. Game saved data, music, pics and applications. Once those are off to computer, format using Droid. Try that and see if that helps.

But what would my SD card have to do with OS issues?

No, just go to page one and redo the 2.2 update, just like you did Saturday or whenever you first loaded froyo.

Is that what you did? Are you overclocking at all?

I had no issues when I loaded Froyo. I got into some issues when I loaded a themed rom, so I am just running the base Froyo that Miami posted initially. I am running the 1.2 kernel, the 1.25 kernel really drained by battery. I just thought perhaps something in your backup of the themed rom was causing you an issue, so if you started from scratch with froyo you could rebuild what you wanted.

No, just go to page one and redo the 2.2 update, just like you did Saturday or whenever you first loaded froyo.

I had no issues when I loaded Froyo. I got into some issues when I loaded a themed rom, so I am just running the base Froyo that Miami posted initially. I am running the 1.2 kernel, the 1.25 kernel really drained by battery. I just thought perhaps something in your backup of the themed rom was causing you an issue, so if you started from scratch with froyo you could rebuild what you wanted.

I'd done that multiple times. I only tried the theme the first time. I got it to work so far with froyo, and I'm going to use the 1.2 GHz rom since you said it's working for you (and what difference will .05 GHz really make?). :)

So far so good... But on an unrelated note, are downloads from the market incredibly slow lately, or is it just me? Even before it tried to automatically reinstall everything right now, back before when I would do just one app, sometimes it would take half an hour to download 200 kb.

I'd done that multiple times. I only tried the theme the first time. I got it to work so far with froyo, and I'm going to use the 1.2 GHz rom since you said it's working for you (and what difference will .05 GHz really make?). :)

I didn't notice any difference, the thing flat flies even without OC LOL

Perhaps the market is getting slammed. During the day it seems to move pretty fast, but at night when most are off work and playing, it seems to slow down

it doesn't seem that anybody has answered this, but i have seen a few people having problems. google maps won't update, any ideas?

Scored 801 before overclocking on quadrant test.. 1493 when OC'ed. I think it's worth the OC :)

it doesn't seem that anybody has answered this, but i have seen a few people having problems. google maps won't update, any ideas?

Maps is installed with 2.2, There is no need to update.
IIRC 4.2 is what 2.2 installs

now I can use MM without issues

This is weird I installed Team_CHAOS_Clean_black_froyov1.2.zip and now all my MM themes seem to work.
I still cant seem to get a transparent Pulldown but I do have my extra's installed with froyo. Even got my superman battery to install.

Now if only I can get my automount back. I here some say it does it by itself for them but I cant get that working, and automount.apk wont install.

CAP2010060719294.jpg

CAP2010060719293.jpg

I need to figure out how to edit txt color on facebook, twitter, and myspace
CAP2010060719292.jpg

CAP201006071929.jpg

CAP2010060719291.jpg
CAP2010060719281.jpg

CAP201006071928.jpg

CAP201006061114.jpg

CAP201006071612.jpg

Need to dig up my BBv1.1 screenshot of 1500+ score running 1.2 kernal.

Maps is an epic issue. Try doing the fix from before that worked with the 2.1 roots perhaps?

this is weird i installed team_chaos_clean_black_froyov1.2.zip and now all my mm themes seem to work.
I still cant seem to get a transparent pulldown but i do have my extra's installed with froyo. Even got my superman battery to install.

Now if only i can get my automount back. I here some say it does it by itself for them but i cant get that working, and automount.apk wont install.

cap2010060719294.jpg

cap2010060719293.jpg

i need to figure out how to edit txt color on facebook, twitter, and myspace
cap2010060719292.jpg

cap201006071929.jpg

cap2010060719291.jpg
cap2010060719281.jpg

cap201006071928.jpg

cap201006061114.jpg

cap201006071612.jpg

need to dig up my bbv1.1 screenshot of 1500+ score running 1.2 kernal.

1613...... How?!?!?!?!

Are you following the directions posted by Miami1683/P3droid? How are you getting that SDext error message...this ROM doesn't have anything to do with an SD card partition.

what do you mean it doesn't have anything to do with the sdcard...that's where the recoveries (nandroid and clockworkmod are installed)
I said SD CARD PARTITION.

just ignore the sd thing and reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back