Fusion ROM Beta (Gingerbread) - Droid Incredible

I am REALLY wanting to download the new blue ice them for my FusionICE-INC-beta1
ROM and I was wondering how I do that? I'm still learning on how to download things so keep that in mind and if you could make steps lol. Thanks in advance! I have been trying to download it on my own but it's not working :/

@ultradroid
Hi Mike I did reflash of the rom and gapps and all was food intil I restored all from backup. Should I not restore the market from my backup?
Thanks
Jerry

Not asking to pressure the dev, but I was just curious if there was any news on Fusion lately? It has gotten quiet around here.

@ultradroid
Hi Mike I did reflash of the rom and gapps and all was food intil I restored all from backup. Should I not restore the market from my backup?
Thanks
Jerry

Hey dude, sorry I've taken so long to respond. Been hanging out over on the new HTC Thunderbolt Forum, regarding my next phone purchase. In answer to the question: I'm not sure what kind of problems doing a Market reinstall *could* cause. That's what the market *does* - when you install a new rom, and reboot & sign in, the market automatically starts reinstalling all of your paid apps. It won't necessarily reinstall free ones (although mine sometimes does), but it will always do the paid ones.

What CAN cause a conflict is if you leave the market alone to do it's thing and go straight to Titanium Backup, and tell IT to reinstall everything you backed up into it. It does a better job of restoring actually, as it will restore the settings as well as the app itself. Doing that can result in weird double installs of apps, causing you to have to look at each duplicate and decide which to keep and which to delete. Hint: keep the ones that have settings restored and delete the other one. If you don't have Titanium Backup Pro (the paid version) doing a restore from the free version is tedious and time consuming, so if you're interested in it buy the paid version. This still doesn't address the problem you say you had with the Market, but at least it gives you an idea of the proper roll the Market has in an installation of a new rom - it's automated restore function. There may be a way to turn that feature off, but I'm not sure how exactly you do that.

-Mike

Thanks Mike

Not to worry. I am also thinking about the TB or Bionic. I let the market set itself up and all is working. Great rom. :icon_ banana:

Is the portable wi-fi hotspot setting (in the settings menu) "under Verizon's radar" like wi-fi tether? Or am I going to get charged a bunch of extra money for what should be my unlimited data package...?

Thanks in advance! :)

I think red would look amazing on the incredible, I have a red hard shell case on mine that matches the red on the phone. I would do it myself but i'm a noob.

The auto brightness seems to adjust to zero brightness most of the time (causes a pink hue on my phone) any way to change the lowest max brightness allowed?

overall I love it, compared to froyo stock. I wish the dial pad was a sense dial pad though, it's a lot more functional.

Last edited:
The auto brightness seems to adjust to zero brightness most of the time (causes a pink hue on my phone) any way to change the lowest max brightness allowed?

overall I love it, compared to froyo stock. I wish the dial pad was a sense dial pad though, it's a lot more functional.

Forget about auto brightness. Set the brightness control to *maximum* and let it go. Much nicer to look at, and it's consistent.

-Mike

I also had a question

1. On sense the web pages would auto fit the text depending on how much I zoom. Is that a sense only thing?

2. Also is the spell checking less aggressive then froyo?

3. It doesn't seem possible to discard drafts in messages? It screws up the thread view unless I send a message.

Last edited:
Great job! I am more than satisfied with the way it runs. My phone flies now. The only thing I have noticed so far that is out of wack is that the market and the icon is green instead of blue. Other than that, I love it. I am going to stick with this one for a while. Thanks for your awesome work.

My Market is green also, but I think that may be caused by the market updating since Roberj13 created the theme. The Market does that periodically on it's own, and when it does it wipes out any theming for the app. I've run into it on other roms and other themes, and there's not a lot you can do about it, except wait for a theme update.

-Mike

Back