Get your Jelly Bean...NOW!

Thanks for compiling all of this! I want it bad, but I think I'm going to sit it out until it stabilizes a bit more. My tinkering time is limited right now.

chitrWell here I am, back and pimped out on Jelly Bean goodness. After activation all my apps automatically downloaded from the market which was a huge surprise (first time that it's ever done that flawlessly). Used titanium to restore all data only for those apps I downloaded, keeping all system (red AND green) data intact.

I rebooted the phone four times since installation and had it hang on the Google splash screen once, and that was after using titanium to restore my device's ID to the same as it was on ICS. That's the only time it's hung on the splash screen, and even then it was just for a few minutes. Flashed Jelly Belly 1.8, the latest gapps and flashed the latest Trinity kernel (ones built for Jelly Bean) because with the charger I use, I need fast charge in order to have it charge in AC mode correctly.

Will everything continue to work? We'll see. I am definitely impressed however. Tweaked the color and gamma settings as well to give more of a contrast as coming off BlackICE, all the grey was kind of ugly. WiFi tethering works, USB tethering works. Can't check WiFi out as I don't have a WiFi hotspot anywhere here at home but I will check when I get a chance.

Oh, I am using CWR Touch. I'm not using the latest version though, I'm on 5.8.0.2. It days the latest available is 5.8.0.4 but not bothering to update as long as everything is working. Ah, for troubleshooting purposes, I did also install the latest busybox (using Stephen's Installer from the market). Can't think of anything else I've done that might help anybody, other than change the screen density to 280 (but that shouldn't affect anybody).

I'll keep running it through it's paces and see how long it continues to work. Gonna try to boot into recovery and then back out and see what happens.

Edit: Well considering I flashed the Trinity kernel after setting the phone up I should have realized that it was going to work lol. Oh well, doesn't hurt to triple check. :)

... the Browser's Quick Controls are horrible in landscape mode. Well, bringing them up is difficult and doesn't always work. Anyone else? Trying to use my right hand is futile as they only appear once in a blue moon, and then only if I don't accidently open Google Now by swiping too close to the home button. Left hand is better but still a chore. Maybe I need more practice but I swear it was a lot easier on ICS.

Last edited:
guess what dezy I had 1.9 stick at the google screen. I am going back to my previous jb rom and I am just gonna sit on it until source is released.

guess what dezy I had 1.9 stick at the google screen. I am going back to my previous jb rom and I am just gonna sit on it until source is released.

Strange, I'm on 1.9 and it boots in about a minute. Tried multiple times and all is good so far.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Strange, I'm on 1.9 and it boots in about a minute. Tried multiple times and all is good so far.

Same thing with me... then out of no where it did not want to boot. Weird. But I know its part of the risks of using a rom built off a nandroid.

WOW this is weird. I boot up my phone and my data is still in place. I think the problem is cwr is failing to do a good job wiping the phone

its weird cuz i did 3 wipes of data, cache, and wiped dalvik. I should have never booted up on 1.9 with my data and everything intact.:angry: Im glad i did cuz it saved me the hassle but still there is a problem with cwr touch.

Mine bootlooped on me AGAIN! While I was out of the house for an hour or so, recovering now. Really don't think my phone likes jb roms....

its weird cuz i did 3 wipes of data, cache, and wiped dalvik. I should have never booted up on 1.9 with my data and everything intact.:angry: Im glad i did cuz it saved me the hassle but still there is a problem with cwr touch.
Think I'm gonna find a regular cwr to flash. I really do believe that cwr touch interferes or messes with the phone with jb roms.

I think cwr touch could be an issue but why would it fail to boot. Unless it's failing to wipe something that doesn't show itself until after you run it for awhile and you go to reboot or change batteries.

I think cwr touch could be an issue but why would it fail to boot. Unless it's failing to wipe something that doesn't show itself until after you run it for awhile and you go to reboot or change batteries.

No idea. Not even a battery pull helped this time. I'll give a JB rom one more shot, but if it freezes up again with a regular version of cwr, I'm going back to an ICS ROM. I can't afford for my phone to go down when I'm away from my PC.

Agree ...may be wise to go stable until source drops.

I miss cwr touch already, I just spent a good 8 seconds trying to highlight "backup and restore" :D

and the darn font is so small compared to cwr touch font size. Oh well, I'll test it out and hopefully it works, I'll report back if there are any issues.

Did you try 5.8.0.2 (or is it 5.0.8.2,..you get the point :)) in CWR Touch? That's the version I used and have had JB 1.8 running at least 6 hours with multiple reboots done and a backup made, and a mod flashed. The only hiccup was the one time I had to wait longer than normal at the Google logo after restoring the device ID. Question, well you probably can't answer since you switched recoveries. Was going to ask you what happens when you manually go to mount the /data partition from within recovery. Sounds like maybe it's not getting mounted hence why your data as all there.

Did you try 5.8.0.2 (or is it 5.0.8.2,..you get the point :)) in CWR Touch? That's the version I used and have had JB 1.8 running at least 6 hours with multiple reboots done and a backup made, and a mod flashed. The only hiccup was the one time I had to wait longer than normal at the Google logo after restoring the device ID. Question, well you probably can't answer since you switched recoveries. Was going to ask you what happens when you manually go to mount the /data partition from within recovery. Sounds like maybe it's not getting mounted hence why your data as all there.
Yeah I think I was on that version.

I tried the mount/unmount data and nothing worked. I tried everything I could while I was away from my PC, but now that I'm back home I'm restoring JD's v4.

I got a feeling there's a problem with the source code. Just doesn't seem to want to work with my phone, I know a handful of others have had this problem. Hopefully source for cdma drops in a week or two and hopefully it's more stable for my phone. I don't want a new Nexus just to test, this is a launch day Nexus and its got sentimental value:D

Back