How long does it take to get the Incredible?

I was told yesterday afternoon that my phone was shipping out at 5pm. Well I just called because I hadn't received my tracking number and was told that my order has been delayed up to 10 days.

I mean do I hold on or say to hell with it and cancel? Folks that already have the phone is it really worth the wait and aggrivation?

I think so. Using mine now to reply :)

Well - I got mine when they first came out.. Verizon stores were all out, but Best Buy had them - walked in and got one.

Now, my wife has decided she likes my phone and wants to get one... but it seems as if it's not going to be so easy.. bummer

I may possibly still be able to get the incredible at my bestbuy, now I am just thinking what I should get. What do you guys think?

I may possibly still be able to get the incredible at my bestbuy, now I am just thinking what I should get. What do you guys think?

The X is too big for my taste - and so far I've had zero issues with my incredible.. love it.

Recent leaks of Verizon Wireless EOL lists have placed the HTC Droid Incredible as being poised to be discontinued. This is not a fully accurate depiction.

The Droid Incredible has suffered from launch due to an AMOLED shortage. HTC has struggled to meet demand for AMOLEDs as the display technology expanded beyond the niche Nexus One. HTC has said recently that some AMOLED models would be downgraded to “Super TFT” displays. However, it was not clear which phones would be downgraded, until now.

The 3.7-inch Droid Incredible took the most demanding toll on production quotas, creating the longest backorders of affected devices. As such, it will be downgraded to the high-quality TFT display.

In doing so, Verizon will have to replace the SKU and notify customers that the Droid Incredible coming next month, is not the same Droid Incredible being sold today. This will be bold markings on the product packaging, as well as on marketing, literature, and possibly even advertisements.

It will also likely include Android 2.2, Froyo out of the box, along with Mobile Hotspot. The original Droid Incredible will later receive these features in an upcoming firmware update.

Droid Incredible Not Being Discontinued, Is Dropping AMOLED | PhoneNews.com

Last edited:
I love my phone!! There's such a high demand out there for the INC, they can't make them fast enough!! Try to wait it out.

Recent leaks of Verizon Wireless EOL lists have placed the HTC Droid Incredible as being poised to be discontinued. This is not a fully accurate depiction.

The Droid Incredible has suffered from launch due to an AMOLED shortage. HTC has struggled to meet demand for AMOLEDs as the display technology expanded beyond the niche Nexus One. HTC has said recently that some AMOLED models would be downgraded to “Super TFT” displays. However, it was not clear which phones would be downgraded, until now.

The 3.7-inch Droid Incredible took the most demanding toll on production quotas, creating the longest backorders of affected devices. As such, it will be downgraded to the high-quality TFT display.

In doing so, Verizon will have to replace the SKU and notify customers that the Droid Incredible coming next month, is not the same Droid Incredible being sold today. This will be bold markings on the product packaging, as well as on marketing, literature, and possibly even advertisements.

It will also likely include Android 2.2, Froyo out of the box, along with Mobile Hotspot. The original Droid Incredible will later receive these features in an upcoming firmware update.

Droid Incredible Not Being Discontinued, Is Dropping AMOLED | PhoneNews.com
WOW :icon_eek: i havea aquestion i ordered mine on June 20th.. Would mine still be with a AMOLED display or would it be with the new TFT display??

Yours will be an AMOLED, HTC hasn't even started the Sony LCD transfer process yet for the screens.

Finallyyy I get the shipping notification this morning! I ordered mine on the 4th and fedex says it should be here by July 2nd.

Just got a voicemail from a Verizon rep through Google Voice. He called a second time and I answered (I don't pick up unfamiliar numbers on first call).

SURPRISINGLY, Google Voice did an almost 100% spot on transcription of this voicemail (not that many of you care, I've just never had GV work so lovely when it came to transcriptions). I'll perform spot corrections in brackets next to any mistakes...

But here's the voicemail I just got from them... Keep in mind that my ship date was originally set by June 28th:

Good afternoon, this is a message from verizon wireless in this message is directed towards Thomas or Michelle ******** we are just calling to, 1st off apologize for the delay with the toward incredible order and unfortunately due to the [high demand of that] that new device. Your order may actually be delayed [up to] to an additional 7 business days. Above and beyond what [you were originally] quoted for your shipping date. Your order was place with next day shipment so once it does ship it will ship the next day. We sincerely apologize. You know, for the inconvenience that this has caused. We definitely appreciate your patience. Because of that [we're] actually sending you out an additional 25 dollar Verizon Wireless gift card. That card will come to the address that was associated with you order, and you should receive the gift card itself, within two weeks. Your satisfaction is definitely number one [with us and we] apologize again for any inconvenience. If you have any additional questions feel free to contact us at 1(800) 922-0204. You can also call us toll free, by dialing star 611 on your cellphone. Thanks for choosing [us at] Verizon Wireless, have a good day.

I was following this forum for a while and decided to go get it today. It took me all of 20 min to get my inc. Call it luck. I called the local verizon store and they still had 2 left in stock. He said he got 10 in yesterday and had only 2 left. Loving it so far.
Thank god i didn't have to wait for the back orders to come in.

Ok so, I came back from work today and I got my tracking notice email finally. The only thing is the fed ex service type states "FedEx 2Day Service - Indirect Signature Required" I was under the impression I had received the free overnight shipping? can any1 shine a light on this for me please as perhaps I am unsure of what they mean by free over night shipping.

Purchase Date: 6/7
Original Ship Date: 6/28
Actual Ship Date: 7/1
Supposed Arrival: 7/6
frown.gif

Back