If you could only have/recommend 5 APPS ?

Battery Widget v1.5.2 Application for Android | Productivity - I love this widget. It not only does a decent job showing me how much battery I have left, but it also allows me to enable or kill GPS, wifi, or bluetooth and also get into the sound and display settings.

Apps Organizer v1.4.4 Application for Android | Tools - In my quest to clean up my screens, I found this. It allows me to categorize them all and then I can put "folders" on my screens housing these apps.

Verizon FiOS Mobile v2.0.3 Application for Android | Entertainment - Just recently came out, but I had this for my previous phone. Man did it ever save me from some heartache a few times. I sometimes have to work overtime unexpectedly, and if I don't want to miss a certain program or event...a few key presses and I can do it.

mylock - I got tired of swiping or pattern unlocking my phone. I probably unlock my phone a solid 100 - 200 times a day, sometimes more. Now with just a push of the button the phone comes to life, I prefer it that way for right now. I may go back to a swipe or something in the future.

Bonsai Blast and Robo Defense - Yes I know they are two but I am counting them as one, they are my time killers. I would be embarrassed to say how much time I have logged into each of these games. There are some other games that are good too, that I have shown some love to. But I still have a good time with both of these still to this day.

I left off a few that would have made my list, but already had been mentioned a few times.
I wasn't able to find mylock. Under a different name?

Not too many different ones than most are using. But one that most people haven't mentioned that I use as default is the xScope Browser. I see allot of people using the Dolphin browser and truly I don't know how they do it. The Dolphin browsers multitouch is way too jumpy for me. The xScope is super smooth, and the dev is still working to even make it better. It reminds me of Google Chrome. It needs a bit more polishing but the dev seems to update it and add to it every week or so. If you haven't tried it I would really check it out, there is a free version, but I went ahead an bought the paid version ($2.99?) To me its as smooth as the Safari on iphone/ipodtouch, and I have made it my default browser so far. Mainly for the fact the default browser will not always zoom on certain sites and my eyes aren't what they used to be but with zScope i can multitouch zoom at ease on any site.

The only other one that I haven;t seen mentioned too much is anycut. Real cool to create shortcut applications on your desktop.

Last edited:
There really are WAY too many good ones out there and the list of available apps keeps on growing. Thank God for open development. Here are some of my favs which is sure to change by tomorrow, LOL:

1. Handcent SMS-Awesome
2. K-9 Email-Actually allows signatures. So much better than stock.
3. Home++-If you didn't already change your home screen with this beauty, do it NOW!!
4. Weather Widgets-Flip clock and weather app-Customizable so as you change your wallpapers, you can make the clocks look killer.
5. Beam Reader AND Astro-BR allows you to download PDF and Astro allows you to view them. These two are a must for business apps.

So hard to pick only 5 but there you go.

Hard to pick just five, but since my phone is rooted:

1) SetCPU
2) AdFreeGoogle Voice
3) Parallel Kingdom
4) Dolphin Browser
5) Google Voice

Hmm, just five is tough!

Launcher+ - Home replacement that adds home screens, but doesn't change anything else. I'm using 5 screens. Has been very stable for me and I didn't like any of the other home replacements. Will switch to stock when 2.1 comes out.

CalWidget - Love it! Updates calender widget from the stock calender app. Also ability to change colors, background transparency, etc., which is nice cause I change my background every few days!

Weather Widget Donate - Before Update!: Love the looks of the clock on my home screen and the skins that I can customize it with to make it match my current background.

Gensoid! - Coolest app! Sonic the Hedgehog on my Droid!

Sleepy Time - Noises to fall to sleep to. Beach sounds, AC, rain, white noise. Very helpful for me cause I travel a lot.

Honorable Mention!
Spare Parts - speeds up my Droid
Apps Organizer - Create folders on homescreens
BetterCut - change icons
Pandora Radio - simply awesome!
iHeartRadio - all the ClearChannel stations!
B&B Gallery - pinch to zoom Gallery
TalkToMe Keyboard - Use it for auto-correct on the hard keyboard!

1. handcent
2.pandora
3.money manager
4.adv task killer
5.astrid

Last edited:
Handcent, infinitely better than the default messenger

Dolphin, I use firefox and this is basically that

Es file explorer, great tool

Phonemypc, pretty sweet when you need to do or check something on your pc away from home

Advanced task killer, just another great tool

Here are the ones I use the most:

Pandora
Expense tracker
UltraChron (for timing my coffee)
Sportypal
ShopSavvy

I know it is not an app, but I REALLY like the doc station

GDE - Home Replacement
Handcent SMS
Google Voice
Barcode Scanner