If you could only have/recommend 5 APPS ?

1. Apps Manager
2. TripIt (great for people that travel constantly)
3. More Icons
4. Handcent SMS
5. Phone my PC

1) Mobile Defense (if you ONLY get one get THIS)
2) Pandora Radio (What's a smartphone without Pandora :D)
3) Twidroid (If you use Twitter, this is by far the best client out there for Android)
4) Pure Grid Calendar Widget (Beautiful Looking and very useful)
5) Google Voice (Should already be preinstalled, its so amazing)

Handcent is a MUST have app......

Great SMS support and it willl auto split your messages after 160 characters and send them simultaneously.

Too much to list with this app it is FULLY customizable. There must be at least 40 settings to customize to your liking............. amazing app.

Cereal, have you tried ChompSMS at all? I keep flip-flopping and coming back to Chomp from Handcent. I like that with Chomp I can have SMS pop-ups restricted to only when the phone is unlocked.
Me too! I just have a better feeling about Chomp it seems to run smoother and I feel like I have more control! I am all into control!

mylock - I got tired of swiping or pattern unlocking my phone. I probably unlock my phone a solid 100 - 200 times a day, sometimes more. Now with just a push of the button the phone comes to life, I prefer it that way for right now. I may go back to a swipe or something in the future.

I can't find mylock... have searched a few times... any suggestions?

1) Handcent SMS
2) Swype Keyboard
3) Advanced Task Killer
4) PDANet
5) Camera Zoom FX

Honorable Mentions: Where, Bloo (if you're a Facebook user), Live Scores by Citizen Sports (better than SportsTap, in my opinion), Shazam, Barcode Scanner, Weather Widgets Donate (best home screen widget).

1) Handcent SMS
2) Swype Keyboard
3) Advanced Task Killer
4) PDANet
5) Camera Zoom FX

Honorable Mentions: Where, Bloo (if you're a Facebook user), Live Scores by Citizen Sports (better than SportsTap, in my opinion), Shazam, Barcode Scanner, Weather Widgets Donate (best home screen widget).
Can't find swype keyboard.

SlideScreen (the best home screen, period!)
Dolphin Browser (for the obvious reasons)
Multimedia Station (it's built-in but only activated with the dock, well worth it)
Evernote (I use it on my computer and iPhone, best note app)
Meridian (The basic music and video players suck. This is the best)

Screebl Pro
PDANet
Note Everything Pro
Music Control
WeatherBug Elite

Honorable Mentions:
SlideScreen Pro
SweeterHome Preview 2
"Pure" series widgets

1. XScope Lite Web Browser
  2. U.S. Traffic
  3. WeatherBug
  4. SilentMode widget
  5. Mobile Defense
And my vote for a useless but hilarious app: FartDroid! :D

My top 5 now are:

Google News and Weather Widget (2.1 .apk)
Apps Organizer
Timeriffic
SportsTap
Slacker

If you long press on the home screen, the menu pops up. Select widgets, and it's in there

Well I goofed up and added 2 of them to my screen I really dont want to see them how do I hide them

Cheers
Mike

Long press the widget and drag it to the trash can.

wheres the trash can when I try to drag it to the bottom of the screen it turns red and puts the widget back to its previous place

Last edited:
Back