Keep the Nexus or Trade it in for Rezound

OK, so maybe I went a little overboard by saying that perhaps the Rezound may end up being better than the G-Nex when it receives ICS, but I still think it will be just as good. Then again, you could be right, but NO ONE knows yet. I'm not trying to be a PITA here, but I don't see how you can say that this is "simply not true", when no one, including you, has even SEEN any interaction of Sense with Ice Cream Sandwich. As far as how Sense will interact with ICS, only time will tell, so all any of us can say right now, is we shall see.

I have read reviews for the Rezound that agree with you regarding Sense being CPU intensive, and causing some lag--I can say from experience that I have not seen it. However, I only used Sense (launcher) for about two weeks with GB (2.3.4), and it did not seem to overload my phone at all, and I never experienced any lag whatsoever. Even with whatever Sense may be running in the background now, I don't see any indication of overload or lag. I switched to ADW because Sense offers virtually NO customization, and I didn't like the menu bar at the bottom (I prefer shortcuts I can customize). I know Quadrant is not everything, but I was curious as to how it would do, and I was consistently getting scores in the high 2,400's to mid 2,500 range.

Let me just end by saying that I'm not trying to take anything away from the G-Nex, it IS a great phone; one of the best out there now. In fact, I was going to get it myself before I got impatient waiting for it, and I decided to look into the Rezound, then after looking at the specs *I* found very impressive, I went to the Verizon store to try it out, and I was even more impressed, so I pulled the trigger. No regrets at all, except that I was disappointed in the locked bootloader (which I had not look into before buying it! LOL), but that point is moot now. I see your point in the developer community for the G-Nex being MUCH larger that for the Rezound (which right now is pretty much non-existent!), but I'm hoping that will change. We shall see.

Enjoy your phone, and I will enjoy mine! LOL

Ok, I have no contention with any of the above. I too went a bit overboard defending my phone, I guess I resent the implication that one is definitively better but I too was implying the same. So I apologize, enjoy your phone :)

Last edited:
Also I would like to say that I had the Rezound for a month, the nexus for 2 weeks. They are both great! Both have goods and bads.

Nexus good
Alot of nice flashables.
Alot of devs....
The screen is really nice
Battery life is great with extended battery
Better gaming support
Bad
Signal even with new radio
Camera is close to sucking
Build is OK
CPU not as overclockable as first thought.

Rezound good
Screen is very nice. More accurate vs nexus but.....nexus whites are whiter and blacks are blacker.
Signal is great
Camera is extremely good. Much better than the nexus.
Great development support from OG incredible devs
More overclockable/underclockable

Bad
Battery life could be better.... But I got a full day with screen off profile.
No ICS.... Yet.

I have a nexus. It's a good phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

You can unlock the Rezound now. I have been considering going back to the Rezound. It was a great phone. I always had great service. PLUS I'm missing sense a little bit....also missing the great camera. Speed isn't an issue with either phone.

This is helpful. Still, ultimately have to see how the Rezound does with ICS, and particularly the capacitative buttons. Going to have to put in some serious work playing with the Rezound at the store.

How would you compare call quality, speakerphone, volume and reception between the Rezound and GN? That may be the toughest thing for me to do a trade - the GN is excellent in those areas and everything else is marginal enough that I probably wouldn't be happy with a trade-off in one of those 4.

Also I would like to say that I had the Rezound for a month, the nexus for 2 weeks. They are both great! Both have goods and bads.

Nexus good
Alot of nice flashables.
Alot of devs....
The screen is really nice
Battery life is great with extended battery
Better gaming support
Bad
Signal even with new radio
Camera is close to sucking
Build is OK
CPU not as overclockable as first thought.

Rezound good
Screen is very nice. More accurate vs nexus but.....nexus whites are whiter and blacks are blacker.
Signal is great
Camera is extremely good. Much better than the nexus.
Great development support from OG incredible devs
More overclockable/underclockable

Bad
Battery life could be better.... But I got a full day with screen off profile.
No ICS.... Yet.

I have a nexus. It's a good phone.

Another great post. This is more of the subtle differences I was hoping to get.

As for the Rezound battery, are you rooted? I wonder what battery life will be like on ICS with underclocking.

This is helpful. Still, ultimately have to see how the Rezound does with ICS, and particularly the capacitative buttons. Going to have to put in some serious work playing with the Rezound at the store.

How would you compare call quality, speakerphone, volume and reception between the Rezound and GN? That may be the toughest thing for me to do a trade - the GN is excellent in those areas and everything else is marginal enough that I probably wouldn't be happy with a trade-off in one of those 4.

the signal was better with the rezound....easily...
speaker phone....loudness is better vs the nexus....i dont know about quality though....i could hear what people were saying...

call quality i dont know.

Another great post. This is more of the subtle differences I was hoping to get.

As for the Rezound battery, are you rooted? I wonder what battery life will be like on ICS with underclocking.

when i had it, i had temp root and used set cpu for the screen off profile.

what i meant by under clocking is is that it comes stock at 182mhz....the nexus comes in at 350mhz. the nexus can go lower....just not very stable.

i wasnt able to undervolt the rezound when i had it. but im sure undervolting would help quite a bit as well with battery.

something people keep forgetting is the screen of the nexus is huge and that it eats up some battery. the rezound is a little more forgiving, hence not needing a stock 1850 battery.

to the guys who said how where all the roms the same with froyo, gingerbread, they were all the same to me. I had the OG Droid and all were tweaked slightly better than others for speed so it's the same thing on every other rom just running a different kernel and a theme. Same thing with DROID X not unlocked but it was the same thing except with Cyanogen Mod he brought different ideas to the ROMs which were pretty good and yet people copied those ideas and tweaked it to their own.

ICS on captive buttons would be the same, can't be that close minded, the home button will work the same just like on GNEX the back button as well and back button. How can you guys not see this on the captive buttons with ICS

Im being offeres a resound for myBionic my main concern is how easy is it to brick the resound an will there be a lack of devs. I tried asking for a nexus an the women told me there was no way. I got the offer for the phone after going through multiple bionics an being hung up on an then being spoken rude too...

Im being offeres a resound for myBionic my main concern is how easy is it to brick the resound an will there be a lack of devs. I tried asking for a nexus an the women told me there was no way. I got the offer for the phone after going through multiple bionics an being hung up on an then being spoken rude too...

You probably better off with a Rezound then the Bionic. Not as good as the Nexus for many reasons IMO which is why your not being offered the Nexus. I would take the deal and be happy with the Rezound.

Lol, just get it. Much better than the Bionic, the devs will come and you can unlock it pretty easily and root so bricking is hard

Ok, I have no contention with any of the above. I too went a bit overboard defending my phone, I guess I resent the implication that one is definitively better but I too was implying the same. So I apologize, enjoy your phone :)

No problem, no apology necessary. Look at it this way- we both have better phones than the iPhone! LOL

Enjoy, and have a Happy New Year!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

when i had it, i had temp root and used set cpu for the screen off profile.

what i meant by under clocking is is that it comes stock at 182mhz....the nexus comes in at 350mhz. the nexus can go lower....just not very stable.

i wasnt able to undervolt the rezound when i had it. but im sure undervolting would help quite a bit as well with battery.

something people keep forgetting is the screen of the nexus is huge and that it eats up some battery. the rezound is a little more forgiving, hence not needing a stock 1850 battery.

Good stuff. I don't use my phone nearly as much as others, so battery life has never really been an issue for me. However, while the phones CAN (with some mods/hacking) sip power when idle the smaller battery would still limit "useable" capacity, I'd think. Difference in screens is probably a bigger factor as the screen size isn't all that much more (what's the GN, like 5% bigger?)

I suggest we breed the Nexus with the Rezound. The offspring would make for the perfect phone!

I suggest we breed the Nexus with the Rezound. The offspring would make for the perfect phone!

No thanks. I like my Nexus genes just the way they are. You can have the offspring if you want :D

Back