Keep the Nexus or Trade it in for Rezound

i understand and agree with what you guys are saying. For me though if I'm not going somewhere specifically to take pictures then it's not too big of a deal if the hue is a little off or if I have a 5 or an 8 megapixle camera because i'm probably not going to be shooting for any billboards anytime soon. just saying.

May have just been the pictures I was looking at, but on a standard 15" computer screen you can see some resolution differences between the 5mp and 8mp. Probably not much (and may just be my imagination), but I think photos are just as likely to be transferred and viewed on a computer as the phone. In many cases you might occasionally view them on larger screens like a desktop monitor or a big screen tv - the latter case the 8mp might not look great but the 5mp would be pretty awful. Also, if you want to crop and enlarge a portion of the photo the 8mp will, again, make a difference.

Just because a phone might suffice when superior quality isn't overly needed doesn't mean there isn't a minimal acceptable level, which is where I think a lot of people are hung-up on the Nexus camera.

y'all are really going to pay another 70$ to exchange your phones which you have already paid 300$ for?
Verizon told me that if I return the Nexus because it is "faulty" (i.e. my signal/connection issues) that I will not have to pay the restocking fee and that they will take it back as a DOA or something like that.

You cannot see the difference between 8mp and 5mp with the naked eye lol. Funny

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

You cannot see the difference between 8mp and 5mp with the naked eye lol. Funny

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Yea I have said it before. I don't see a huge difference in picture quality between these phone cameras. Samples I have looked at full screen my computer monitor the Galaxy Nexus camera is very good. The Rezound perhaps has an edge in some circumstances but mostly not so much. For how much some people tout the Rezound camera I was expecting to see some dramatic difference in sample pics. I don't. In fact some of the Rezound sample shots are not very good at all maybe the fault of the shooter IDK. The Razr I think based on my viewing of sample shots posted comes in third. So I think camera quality best to worst is Rezound, Nexus, Razr. All three being close to each other in that order.

IDK about the Bionic didn't look at any sample pics for that phone. Does that phone have a camera? j/k :D

Last edited:
I can't really tell either. I just figured it was my age lol.

I mean when I zoom in I can see the difference but 5mp + zero shutter lag suits me better.

^Yep, the zero shutter lag is the best. I'm sure Samsung was thinking fast fast fast since that's the way a lot of cell phone shot situations are. Quick pull out the phone to capture something and not wait an hour for the shutter to fire. Capt, on your recommend, I tried that camera 360 and I like how it auto focuses on it's own, no need to tap the screen at all!

^Yep, the zero shutter lag is the best. I'm sure Samsung was thinking fast fast fast since that's the way a lot of cell phone shot situations are. Quick pull out the phone to capture something and not wait an hour for the shutter to fire. Capt, on your recommend, I tried that camera 360 and I like how it auto focuses on it's own, no need to tap the screen at all!

Another really good Camera app is Camera Zoom FX: https://market.android.com/details?...?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsInNsaWRlLmNhbWVyYVpvb20iXQ..

The Camera 360 is free. Camera Zoom FX they are running a sale right now a few bucks. Bought it just for kicks to try it out and see. Has even more features and capabilities then Camera 360. All three Stock Camera, Camera 360, and Camera Zoom FX take great shots with Camera 360 and Camera Zoom FX being the easiest to use and get good shots (at least the current verzion of ICS stock Camera software Android 4.02).

I tried Camera 360 and felt like the stock camera app was better so I switched back. I've been taking great pictures, I think some people just need to get accustom to tapping to focus and timing the shots. When I want a real nice picture I do that, when I just want to catch a quick shot I insta snap.

My cousin brought his real expensive DSLR to our Christmas party at my house, he said "I love this thing it can take so many shots" and then held down the button while it shot off picture after picture, I was impressed but then remembered my Nexus was in my pocket. I pulled out my Nexus and said watch this and tapped rapidly and took a good 20 pictures before he said "holy ****". He's a huge camera buff and was very impressed(he has the 4S). For what we use our phone cameras for, I think the Nexus is pretty incredible since it's usually the quick shots we need to take.

After that he said, damn what phone is that? heh, was a good feeling.

I tried Camera 360 and felt like the stock camera app was better so I switched back. I've been taking great pictures, I think some people just need to get accustom to tapping to focus and timing the shots. When I want a real nice picture I do that, when I just want to catch a quick shot I insta snap.

My cousin brought his real expensive DSLR to our Christmas party at my house, he said "I love this thing it can take so many shots" and then held down the button while it shot off picture after picture, I was impressed but then remembered my Nexus was in my pocket. I pulled out my Nexus and said watch this and tapped rapidly and took a good 20 pictures before he said "holy ****". He's a huge camera buff and was very impressed(he has the 4S). For what we use our phone cameras for, I think the Nexus is pretty incredible since it's usually the quick shots we need to take.

After that he said, damn what phone is that? heh, was a good feeling.

I agree actually if you use the stock camera app correctly. Camera Zoom FX IMO actually takes better autofocus shots then Camera 360. Camera Zoom FX has an option that will automatically snap a raft of pictures which is even faster then tapping to do it. :) Extremely fast! It's called burst mode.

Last edited:
I'm not sure who came up with this tap the screen thing.. On my DX, it was point and shoot and the AF was fairly quick. Now you have to hold the camera steady with both hands, one of the hands also has to hit the shutter so I guess I need a third arm to tap the screen?! :p

I'm not sure who came up with this tap the screen thing.. On my DX, it was point and shoot and the AF was fairly quick. Now you have to hold the camera steady with both hands, one of the hands also has to hit the shutter so I guess I need a third arm to tap the screen?! :p

IDK but doesn't really matter with two other excellent Camera apps in the market that autofocus and shoot with Camera Zoom FX being the better. I suspect Google will refine the Camera software in ICS over time and add features and functionality as well in particular fine tuning it for our Nexus :)

I just tap my focus area with my thumb then return it to the shutter button before it's done focusing. I actually like the setup.

Back