Keep the Nexus or Trade it in for Rezound

I would like to have the Rezound's camera sooo..maybe just some surgery and no breeding!

:D Truthfully in sample pics I don't see the major greatness of the Rezound Camera. I've been using Camera 360 from the market for taking pics and it works much better then the stock camera app for quickly capturing excellent quality pictures. The focus and taking of the picture is done automatically with Camera 360. I read time and time again in reviews how the Rezound Camera is so much better. I just don't see that. I took 35 minutes of HD video as well the other day on Christmas eve and that video is down right awesome. Perhaps the Rezound camera is a tad bit better. Besides the megapixels is the sensor really that much better? I'm not seeing it with sample pics and video captures.

:D Truthfully in sample pics I don't see the major greatness of the Rezound Camera. I've been using Camera 360 from the market for taking pics and it works much better then the stock camera app for quickly capturing excellent quality pictures. The focus and taking of the picture is done automatically with Camera 360. I read time and time again in reviews how the Rezound Camera is so much better. I just don't see that. I took 35 minutes of HD video as well the other day on Christmas eve and that video is down right awesome. Perhaps the Rezound camera is a tad bit better. Besides the megapixels is the sensor really that much better? I'm not seeing it with sample pics and video captures.

There is a thread around here somewhere that shows the difference. I'm one that never looks at my pics off of my phone. Recently I took some pics of my Bionic for ebay. Man, even a mid sized pic looks like a kids sponge painting! I did take the shot at night with an overhead light on as well as a lamp. Outdoor bright pics are much better.

There is a thread around here somewhere that shows the difference. I'm one that never looks at my pics off of my phone. Recently I took some pics of my Bionic for ebay. Man, even a mid sized pic looks like a kids sponge painting! I did take the shot at night with an overhead light on as well as a lamp. Outdoor bright pics are much better.

Here is a good review IMO comparing the Nexus to the Rezound: Samsung GALAXY Nexus vs HTC Rezound » Android TidBits

The Rezound has some interesting capabilities but I still prefer the Nexus. For me the camera on the Nexus works fine. The Rezound is a nice phone but there is no way I could bring myself to choosing it over my Nexus for various reasons even if the Rezound has a somewhat better camera. There are other advantages my Nexus has IMO that are more important to me now and in the long run. But hey if Camera is one of your #1 priorities perhaps the Rezound is a better option or that surgical procedure which we will see in coming months since the Galaxy Nexus sets the bar for future phones running ICS :)

Last edited:
Here is a good review IMO comparing the Nexus to the Rezound: Samsung GALAXY Nexus vs HTC Rezound » Android TidBits

The Rezound has some interesting capabilities but I still prefer the Nexus. For me the camera on the Nexus works fine. The Rezound is a nice phone but there is no way I could bring myself to choosing it over my Nexus for various reasons even if the Rezound has a somewhat better camera. There are other advantages my Nexus has IMO that are more important to me now and in the long run. But hey if Camera is one of your #1 priorities perhaps the Rezound is a better option or that surgical procedure which we will see in coming months since the Galaxy Nexus sets the bar for future phones running ICS :)

I was more aiming my breeding comment at those who are arguing over which phone to get. For me, the choice is 1000% clear! I wouldn't trade this phone for any other even if it had no camera at all.

I've compared my wife's rezound to my GN, and the camera on the Rezound is fantastic. I'm glad you're happy with the GN camera, but I'm personally a bit underwhelmed by it. The sensor on the GN is just not that great, and the Rezound also has a better (wider) lens, so it is better in low-light indoor situations as well. 1080p vids on the GN when viewed on my computer monitor don't look sharp, while the Rezound vids look a lot sharper. Both suffer from jerkiness when panning due to the lower fps at 1080p.

I love my GN, but I really do wish it had the camera from the Rezound.

I've compared my wife's rezound to my GN, and the camera on the Rezound is fantastic. I'm glad you're happy with the GN camera, but I'm personally a bit underwhelmed by it. The sensor on the GN is just not that great, and the Rezound also has a better (wider) lens, so it is better in low-light indoor situations as well. 1080p vids on the GN when viewed on my computer monitor don't look sharp, while the Rezound vids look a lot sharper. Both suffer from jerkiness when panning due to the lower fps at 1080p.

Let's get to work on that surgery! Frankenphone!

Yea if taking pictures was one of my top priorities maybe I would go with the Rezound. I do think the camera functionality will be improved somewhat with software updates. I notice a significant different by simply using Camera 360.

y'all are really going to pay another 70$ to exchange your phones which you have already paid 300$ for?

$70 extra? Who would upgrade at Verizon and not best buy? No charge there and longer return policy

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

I don't understand why camera quality is so important to some people (not meant as an insult, i just don't personally get it). Seems to me that if you want to take a good picture you should use a camera and if you want to take #%!$ pics you should use your phone.

I don't understand why camera quality is so important to some people (not meant as an insult, i just don't personally get it). Seems to me that if you want to take a good picture you should use a camera and if you want to take #%!$ pics you should use your phone.

Hahaha....I rarely take pictures, period. Usually, I just don't think about it but I certainly don't carry around a camera otherwise (except on vacation or specific events). So there are a lot of impromptu photos people take where DSLR-quality isn't a must. I do plan to start taking more pictures, so the Rezound camera is really swaying me. But by the same logic, zero-shutter lag should trump all there (and maybe we don't give Sammie enough credit for putting more thought into that).

I'm truly on the fence, mostly because if I'm exchanging for features I really don't need or use. Heck, could cost much more if I also lose the $100 credit (on top of $35 trade-in) I got and then we might be talking deal breaker (plus added cost for 32gig SD).

Bottom line is I think I have to wait to see how an ICS rom runs on the Rezound. Probably a non-issue with it being unlocked, but it's true that the hardware is not optimized for ICS like the Nexus and maybe that could be significant.

How often to you have your camera on you? I never do!

Hahaha....I rarely take pictures, period. Usually, I just don't think about it but I certainly don't carry around a camera otherwise (except on vacation or specific events). So there are a lot of impromptu photos people take where DSLR-quality isn't a must. I do plan to start taking more pictures, so the Rezound camera is really swaying me. But by the same logic, zero-shutter lag should trump all there (and maybe we don't give Sammie enough credit for putting more thought into that).

I'm truly on the fence, mostly because if I'm exchanging for features I really don't need or use. Heck, could cost much more if I also lose the $100 credit (on top of $35 trade-in) I got and then we might be talking deal breaker (plus added cost for 32gig SD).

Bottom line is I think I have to wait to see how an ICS rom runs on the Rezound. Probably a non-issue with it being unlocked, but it's true that the hardware is not optimized for ICS like the Nexus and maybe that could be significant.

I'm tempted to try that Camera 360 to see if that makes things better. Another thing I'm really liking is the one big internal memory deal. On the Bionic the memory is partitioned up in to three parts. Internal sd, external sd and "media area". Bleh, dont miss that crap!

i understand and agree with what you guys are saying. For me though if I'm not going somewhere specifically to take pictures then it's not too big of a deal if the hue is a little off or if I have a 5 or an 8 megapixle camera because i'm probably not going to be shooting for any billboards anytime soon. just saying.

Back