[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

When I try to flash in recovery, it says "E:can't open /sdcard/deprimed_kernel_test.zip(bad) installation aborted

I tried deleting it and redownloading the file just to make sure it wasn't corrupted during download and it still gives the same error.

When I try to flash in recovery, it says "E:can't open /sdcard/deprimed_kernel_test.zip(bad) installation aborted

I tried deleting it and redownloading the file just to make sure it wasn't corrupted during download and it still gives the same error.
what recovery are you using?

what recovery are you using?

ClockworkMod 2.5.0.7 . I can flash everything else, but this file.

EDIT: I just rebooted my phone and went into recovery (to check the version) and tried to install again and it worked!!

Should I now install milestone overclock and over clock with that? I'm not sure what step to take next

Last edited:
i dont use the overclock app personally...i just use the reprimed kernel with default values.

i dont use the overclock app personally...i just use the reprimed kernel with default values.

I think I'm supposed to rename "rename.20overclock" to "20overclock" in etc/init.d and then run milestone overclock because when I try to load module, it can't load it. I'm guessing its because I havent renamed it

Oh yeah, sysrw didn't work for me either. I just used root explorer to set system to rw and then back to ro (instead of sysro).

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

It's a bash alias (forgot as I always use bash)..I will update my post. I'm back home today, I will be repairing the installation script today so this step is not necessary.

here it is again (corrected)

Code:
su
bash
sysrw
ln -sf /system/lib/modules /system/lib/modules/2.6.32.9
sysro
compcache stop
handle_compcache
free

Is there a decent "Linux for Dummies" book that you can suggest prime? I want to learn more about all these commands.

Thanks prime, I just installed gscript, made the script, and applied it. Very easy to use and works like a charm. Appreciate it.

Just curious, but what kind of things does the code at the top of the 20overclock script achieve-just a way to run at boot from init.d?

I think I'm supposed to rename "rename.20overclock" to "20overclock" in etc/init.d and then run milestone overclock because when I try to load module, it can't load it. I'm guessing its because I havent renamed it

Make sure you have the latest MSOC that Prime tweaked to work with the current deprimed kernels. Shouldn't be renaming anything at this point.

edit: link for latest MSOC is in the OP.

for some reason i cant get gscript or scripter to edit what it needs to edit to get the desired values. i copy the script here, then paste in scripter/gscript, run, then nothing changes. i hit refresh and unloaded/load im msoc. is there something im doing wrong or some way i can just manually edit it myself.

@DanDroidX

Sure. Open up terminal emulator and type these commands:

su
mount -o remount,relatime,rw /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
ln -sf /system/lib/modules /system/lib/modules/2.6.32.9
mount -o remount,relatime,ro /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
compcache stop
handle_compcache

Hope that helps.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

*edit*

Oops, didn't realize I was replying to your post on page 24 when Prime already answered your question. Anyways the mount command worked for me when sysrw wasn't found.

Make sure you have the latest MSOC that Prime tweaked to work with the current deprimed kernels. Shouldn't be renaming anything at this point.

edit: link for latest MSOC is in the OP.

Thanks for the info. At first I was using the MSOC on the market, then I realized that Prime had made changes to it to work on the OG Droid. I got it working :) I renamed it again to rename.20overclock

Wifi on 6 is borked for me. Kept trying to connect to a working network (was connected on my laptop to it at the same time with no problems, and I have connected to this same network multiple times on my Droid every week for past 10 weeks or so), and it would either completely fail to connect, or when it did connect, it would lose automatically disconnect within 30 seconds. Tried multiple reboots, tried reinstalling both the build of CM and the kernel, and the problems persisted. Installed the same build of CM and used the stock CM kernel and wifi worked fine.

Back