[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

Can someone please tell me why my D1 is running extremely hot on nightly 8 with this kernel, I downloaded the new test and its like an oven.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Running your new #6 kernel. So far, excellent! I was wondering in your change log you reference WLAN changes....does that mean you are trying different modules in the kernel to improve 3G/wifi? I know that the kernel does have a lot to do with things like that. Thanks for the great work. Also your kernels seem to improve battery life.

Can someone please tell me why my D1 is running extremely hot on nightly 8 with this kernel, I downloaded the new test and its like an oven.

As you know, all Droids are different and yours may just not like this kernel. You could also try to run at a lower speed. Mine gets hot sometimes at first, but that goes away shortly after. I have found that with these builds, and kernel, you have to let you phone adjust for at least a week. The longer it runs, the better it gets......hard to do when they come out with new builds so often. Try to stay with one for awhile, and see what it does. Good luck!

Oh yeah, sysrw didn't work for me either. I just used root explorer to set system to rw and then back to ro (instead of sysro).

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Oh yeah, sysrw didn't work for me either. I just used root explorer to set system to rw and then back to ro (instead of sysro).

It's a bash alias (forgot as I always use bash)..I will update my post. I'm back home today, I will be repairing the installation script today so this step is not necessary.

here it is again (corrected)

Code:
su
bash
sysrw
ln -sf /system/lib/modules /system/lib/modules/2.6.32.9
sysro
compcache stop
handle_compcache
free

Hey prime you said something about the 900 script what is it

This is what I'm currently running (14+ hours battery life)

Code:
echo "1 200000000 28" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo "6 200000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table

echo "2 350000000 34" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo "5 350000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table

echo "3 450000000 34" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo "4 450000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table

echo "4 600000000 40" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo "3 600000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table

echo "5 700000000 50" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo "2 700000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table

echo "6 800000000 56" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo "1 800000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table

echo "60" > /proc/overclock/max_vsel
echo "900000" > /proc/overclock/max_rate

This is what I'm currently running (14+ hours battery life)

Code:
echo "1 200000000 28" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo "6 200000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table

echo "2 350000000 34" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo "5 350000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table

echo "3 450000000 34" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo "4 450000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table

echo "4 600000000 40" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo "3 600000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table

echo "5 700000000 50" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo "2 700000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table

echo "6 800000000 56" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo "1 800000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table

echo "60" > /proc/overclock/max_vsel
echo "900000" > /proc/overclock/max_rate

Can u possibly give me a link to download this like the 20 over clock file or something plz I'm on school and wont be home for more then 10 to 11 hours

Should we edit these values into 20overclock or run just the echos by themselves? Also, should this script be placed in init.d (will that make it run on startup?) Thanks in advance

Should we edit these values into 20overclock or run just the echos by themselves? Also, should this script be placed in init.d (will that make it run on startup?) Thanks in advance

Use scripter or gscript.

deprimed updated (fix for previous compcache issue and signed for better recovery compatibility)

Use scripter or gscript.

Does scripter automatically put the script in init.d? or do i have to do this manually?

Back