[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

Creating the symlink to /system/lib/modules/2.6.32.9 mentioned a few posts back fixed compcache here. Running winner00's 8-3 with milestone overclock at 1200 with custom 300-1200 slots and vsels and it flies. I have never broken 1600 on quadrant before with any rom / kernel combo. Wifi seems really fast too. Thanks for the hard work Prime!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

im not sure how are you getting that fast? running winner00 8-2 with deprimed kernel with compcache (#6) slots from 250 - 1000
getting 1100 quadrant? lowest ive gotten on any build. but real world performance seems really good tho..

Creating the symlink to /system/lib/modules/2.6.32.9 mentioned a few posts back fixed compcache here. Running winner00's 8-3 with milestone overclock at 1200 with custom 300-1200 slots and vsels and it flies. I have never broken 1600 on quadrant before with any rom / kernel combo. Wifi seems really fast too. Thanks for the hard work Prime!

im not sure how are you getting that fast? running winner00 8-2 with deprimed kernel with compcache (#6) slots from 250 - 1000
getting 1100 quadrant? lowest ive gotten on any build. but real world performance seems really good tho..

I'm getting 14xx on mine. Its lower than other roms but quadrant is a tard. This is the smoothest my D1 has ever been.

Last edited:

I'm getting 14xx on mine. Its lower than other roms but quadrant is a tard.

would compcache affect the results? do you have yours on

Wifi on 6 is borked for me. Kept trying to connect to a working network (was connected on my laptop to it at the same time with no problems, and I have connected to this same network multiple times on my Droid every week for past 10 weeks or so), and it would either completely fail to connect, or when it did connect, it would lose automatically disconnect within 30 seconds. Tried multiple reboots, tried reinstalling both the build of CM and the kernel, and the problems persisted. Installed the same build of CM and used the stock CM kernel and wifi worked fine.

Could you zip and post your /etc/wifi/tiwlan.ini

Also could you go to settings -> wireless -> wifi settings then long click the connection your having an issue with and forget it...reconnect and your issue should go away.

Remember that Google does cloud backups of wifi points, when restored things can go wrong.

Oh yeah, sysrw didn't work for me either. I just used root explorer to set system to rw and then back to ro (instead of sysro).

It's a bash alias (forgot as I always use bash)..I will update my post. I'm back home today, I will be repairing the installation script today so this step is not necessary.

here it is again (corrected)

Code:
su
bash
sysrw
ln -sf /system/lib/modules /system/lib/modules/2.6.32.9
sysro
compcache stop
handle_compcache
free

Is there a decent "Linux for Dummies" book that you can suggest prime? I want to learn more about all these commands.

The following site contains a wealth of linux information:
http://tldp.org/

Wifi on 6 is borked for me. Kept trying to connect to a working network (was connected on my laptop to it at the same time with no problems, and I have connected to this same network multiple times on my Droid every week for past 10 weeks or so), and it would either completely fail to connect, or when it did connect, it would lose automatically disconnect within 30 seconds. Tried multiple reboots, tried reinstalling both the build of CM and the kernel, and the problems persisted. Installed the same build of CM and used the stock CM kernel and wifi worked fine.

Could you zip and post your /etc/wifi/tiwlan.ini

Also could you go to settings -> wireless -> wifi settings then long click the connection your having an issue with and forget it...reconnect and your issue should go away.

Remember that Google does cloud backups of wifi points, when restored things can go wrong.

I tried forgetting the network earlier. Tried that multiple times, still yielded the same results.

And like I said, I've already flashed back to the stock CM kernel, so I don't think any information in that file would be relevant to this particular problem. But I'm going to flash 6 again and see if I can repeat the problem on my home network. Assuming I can, I'll get that file for you. :)

Thanks for your hard work. Much appreciated. :)

edit: Go figure, I can't reproduce the problem with my home network. Like I said, the network I was on was working fine at the time. I was using my laptop on it with no problem. Not sure why I had the problems with my phone that I can't seem to reproduce now. :\ I'll try running 6 for awhile now and see if that issue pops up again.

Last edited:
sc4fpse said:
And like I said, I've already flashed back to the stock CM kernel, so I don't think any information in that file would be relevant to this particular problem. But I'm going to flash 6 again and see if I can repeat the problem on my home network. Assuming I can, I'll get that file for you. :)

Thanks for your hard work. Much appreciated. :)

The tiwlan.ini file doesn't contain personal information so you know (I would want to know). The file totally controls the wifi radio, it is pertinent because my kernel includes the stock CM7 tiwlan.ini file which should overwrite any other version. I believe the file you have is not my tiwlan.ini file, or the file has changed in some way.

You welcome, thanks for trying the deprimed kernel.

Hey prime do I have to move the script from my SD card to the /system /etc /init.d folder? Or can it stay there?
Edit: nevermind that found that its not on the SD card sorry but my phone is still running relatively hot
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

i installed the deprimed kernel using cw and it seems there are scripts in /system/bin that didn't get installed. is this normal?

i do not see these files in my /system/bin but they are in the zip.

/system/bin/primed
/system/bin/dpoverclock
/system/bin/sysro
/system/bin/sysrw

i installed the deprimed kernel using cw and it seems there are scripts in /system/bin that didn't get installed. is this normal?

/system/bin/primed
/system/bin/dpoverclock
/system/bin/sysro
/system/bin/sysrw

Re-download please, those scripts are to control overclock. I will update OP in the morning and post instructions

Prime are you saying to wait until tomorrow to download or just regarding instructions?

/system/bin/primed
/system/bin/dpoverclock
/system/bin/sysro
/system/bin/sysrw

Re-download please, those scripts are to control overclock. I will update OP in the morning and post instructions

Back