[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

Install the deprimed milestone overclocker and the deprimed test kernal.

Do not load the module in milestone overclocker, you don't need to do anything with that app.

Once you're rebooted, open terminal emulator.
Type in su, enter.
To load the module and the ULV settings on the fly - Type in overclock, enter.
If you're happy with them, to load them permanently for reboot - Type in primed, enter.

Hmmm... i'm getting an "overclock not found" message after hitting enter?

Well loading the module through milestone then unloading seemed to kick it on...cool..Thanks for the help guy's!

Last edited:
What if we want to change the settings?

First open terminal emulator on your device and enter:

Code:
su
sysrw

Open /system/bin/overclock in a text editor (such as the one in root explorer) and change the values, then run the following in terminal emulator.

Code:
su
sysro
overclock

What if we want to change the settings?

First open terminal emulator on your device and enter:

Code:
su
sysrw

Open /system/bin/overclock in a text editor (such as the one in root explorer) and change the values, then run the following in terminal emulator.

Code:
su
sysro
overclock

What if /system/bin/overclock doesn't exist?

Nevermind, I keep forgetting I am using your kernel with Project Elite. For it to work I have to load the module in Overclock and the run the script to set the slots. I am currently letting Overclock load on boot and using tasker to run the script to load the slot data. I would like to modify the kernel to have my slot numbers in the future though.

Last edited:
The kernel overclock features are directly targeted at cyanogen mod, although the kernel should run fine most any ROM.

The kernel overclock features are directly targeted at cyanogen mod, although the kernel should run fine most any ROM.

I have been using CM7 since it first came out but I really got tired of the sluggish peformance with my Droid. I tried all kinds of memory management tricks but nothing worked. I decided to try another Gingerbread ROM just to see if the performance problem exist in others. Project Elite has been running on my Droid for over a week now with none of the sluggishness I was experiencing on CM7. I then started searching for a Kernel to use with it that would support sd ext and yours was the only one I could find that worked. My Droid has never run this good.

Do not load the module in milestone overclocker, you don't need to do anything with that app.

Type in su, enter.
If you're happy with them, to load them permanently for reboot - Type in primed, enter.

correct, thank you for posting

With MilestoneOverclock147_deprimed.apk installed and deprimed test#6 (redownloaded minutes ago) installed, and trying to run 'overclock' as a command I get complaints that I can't change directory to /data/data/pt.com.darksun.milestoneoverlock/files/ and then a bunch of errors because of nonexistent directories.

Sure enough, when I look in that location, there is no 'files' directory, just a 'lib' directory of which is empty.

I had that problem before, try uninstalling MS147, reboot and install it again.

Type in su, enter.

correct, thank you for posting

With MilestoneOverclock147_deprimed.apk installed and deprimed test#6 (redownloaded minutes ago) installed, and trying to run 'overclock' as a command I get complaints that I can't change directory to /data/data/pt.com.darksun.milestoneoverlock/files/ and then a bunch of errors because of nonexistent directories.

Sure enough, when I look in that location, there is no 'files' directory, just a 'lib' directory of which is empty.

You must load the module once with Milestone Overclock. I will update the OP.

I had forgotten that the app only extracts the module upon learning the device type.

Great Job Prime.

I created a SD-EXT Partition on my SD Card and I can mount it in recovery but I cannot access when the phone is running. I have been reading and the Kernal play a role in this. Any ideas how I can use the partition for my apps?

Great Job Prime.

I created a SD-EXT Partition on my SD Card and I can mount it in recovery but I cannot access when the phone is running. I have been reading and the Kernal play a role in this. Any ideas how I can use the partition for my apps?

I will partition my other card tomorrow and see what the issue could be.

I have been using CM7 since it first came out but I really got tired of the sluggish peformance with my Droid. I tried all kinds of memory management tricks but nothing worked. I decided to try another Gingerbread ROM just to see if the performance problem exist in others. Project Elite has been running on my Droid for over a week now with none of the sluggishness I was experiencing on CM7. I then started searching for a Kernel to use with it that would support sd ext and yours was the only one I could find that worked. My Droid has never run this good.

Thanks for reporting how deprimed is functioning on PE for you.

Great Job Prime.

Is the partition ext2/3/4?

I created 2 partitions. One Primary EXT2 and a swap partition.

I found GodFathers write up and script but it did not work.

Post 37 here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cyanogenmod/122750-cm7-swap-compcache-both-4.html

Great Job Prime.

Is the partition ext2/3/4?

Back