[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

I'm not sure if this kernel is supposed to work with ROMs other than Cyanogenmod. If not, then ignore this post.

I am installing this latest kernel build #6 on sapphire 2.0.2. After rebooting from recovery (RZRecovery) my 3G is gone. Wifi works, but the phone will not connect to the 3G network. I have tried airplane mode and all that stuff, but the 3G just isn't happening. I even tried a wipe and reinstall of the ROM, but the same issue occurs after I install the kernel. Any ideas?

I don't have any idea why you would lose 3G with the kernel, proper CDMA support is built in.

I will add ext3/4 support tonight.

@app2ext users

I don't have any idea why you would lose 3G with the kernel, proper CDMA support is built in.

Me either, but it's certainly happening.

*edit* i should mention that it started happening around (i think) build 5. I had previously installed the earlier builds on sapphire with no problems.

*edit* i should mention that it started happening around (i think) build 5. I had previously installed the earlier builds on sapphire with no problems.
Have you gone into the settings and make sure data is enabled in the mobile networks? Sometimes, and don't ask me why, it gets turned off doing a ROM flash.

I changed schedulers..not likely...I enabled TI SDIO on WLAN..this is likely the issue. I will do a no sdio build for you to test and post a link in a couple of hours (wife has to go to bed first).

*edit*
I will have the no-sdio build up in the morning along with the ext3/4 kernel.....sleepy.

I got it back by re-flashing the rom then kernel without wiping, seems like a random fluke, or at least I'm hoping so

Prime, does moving apps to the SD card mess with compcache? I literally lost the zram0 module somehow during the day without even restarting, had compcache this morning, don't now, reflashed the kernel to no avail, compcache start in terminal returns "can't open /dev/block/zram0: no such file or directory" and the only thing I can think of that I messed with is I moved a few apps to my sdcard to make some space. I know there's been some discussion here about it but it mostly flew over my head

Try the following in terminal:

handle_compcache

That works for me...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I also should point out that I have been experiencing no 3G at all on the kernel, but I am running Project Elite v5.

Kernel runs amazing otherwise!

ill chime in here, and i am using reprimed and build 6. i do get 3g, but it is spotty. sometimes taking up to a half hour to come back, but usually under 30 seconds

Ddavid I cannot access either of the links you supplied.
Could you possibly link the scripts to your signature so I can download them.
It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
danceswithbongs

@ Prime - trying the script now.

@ dd - can you provide a link to DT? I only found it on Facebook and that is useless to me.

This is from the facebook page. It is a link to an ftp site where his files are store. The link from there for the one I am using is listed below also.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://www.tinyurl.com/dtftp&h=e8b8b

ftp://dtuser:[email protected]/dtapps2sd-2.7.5.3-beta04-signed.zip

Soryy for the delay in getting back to you. I am having trouble with the links also when copied but the ftp site link on the facebook page works.If you look on the facebook page you should find it. I have attached the file from my computer.
Darktremor Apps2SD | Facebook

ill chime in here, and i am using reprimed and build 6. i do get 3g, but it is spotty. sometimes taking up to a half hour to come back, but usually under 30 seconds

I'm seeing similar problems. When I hang up from a call, I get a delay at times getting my 3G connection back.

Prime set out a tweet saying that he should have the kernel done in an hour, and that was 2 hours ago so I'm sure sometime today he will get it done.

Oh and I mean the kernel with possible 3G fix

I also want to add that the 3G problem is a general gingerbread problem.

I think the issue prime is addressing is those with ZERO 3G, like myself when using his kernel. Does not work at all, ever.

So I figured I would give this.kernel a shot, and it seems fairly stable on my phone, but it's been killing my battery awful quickly. I'm not sure if that's been a problem or if it's been addressed, but it's been about 12 hours to a charge for me, which isn't plausible to me. Would love to find out why, as I was getting 24+ on other kernels.

Deprimed test #7 (Kernel reports #1) - same URL
Switched to LV 125 - 900mhz by default, added ext3 driver (inside kernel), added ext4 driver (loadable module), added the option restart to compcache (compcache restart), enabled Dnotify again (it was disabled due to a former kernel option), added additional USB networking features (for USB tethering on gingerbread), switched to android gadget stack (was using USB OTG), removed debugging from WIFI module once again, various ipv4 additions for compatibility and advanced networking, added restart option to compcache.

added 'update_deprimed' command

Only run this script if you are a Clockwork Recovery user, this script will download the latest deprimed kernel, reboot into CWR and install.

added 'compcache restart' command

You can run this script anytime your device begins to feel laggy from having compcache enabled, it disables (freeing all memory) then re-enables zswap
for that fresh booted feeling.

Last edited:
Apologize for posting this again. Posted on the wrong thread.

hello all, i hope prime does not mind but i modified the zip to make it easier for people to use.

what changed:
added the droid overclock module to /system/lib/modules (do not need to install apk)
removed *compcache scripts (i dont use compcache)
removed sysr* scripts (already have built in scripts for this on sapphire)
modified overclock and install it as /system/etc/init.d/96_overclock

deprimed_kernel_test.zip

Back