[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

Apologize for posting this again. Posted on the wrong thread.

hello all, i hope prime does not mind but i modified the zip to make it easier for people to use.

what changed:
added the droid overclock module to /system/lib/modules (do not need to install apk)
removed *compcache scripts (i dont use compcache)
removed sysr* scripts (already have built in scripts for this on sapphire)
modified overclock and install it as /system/etc/init.d/96_overclock

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I don't mind but would you post it in a different thread please.

The reason being I don't want to diagnose an issue only to find they are running a modified zip of my kernel, the overclock module is not in /system/lib/modules for a reason currently (the overclock addresses change as I make kernel changes), sysrw/ro are not included in all ROMS (in CM7 they are bash aliases - only available in bash).

Last edited:
People having 3G issues please try this kernel first, I'm still working on the other kernel.

Please note that the overclock addresses change, I make the necessary adjustments to the overclock script. In other words do not try to run a 20overclock from a previous kernel.

I believe you have a typo in the primed and sysrw scripts.

primed is trying to copy /system/bin/dpoverclock to /system/etc/init.d/20overclock except dpoverclock doesn't exist an sysrw is acutally flagged to set the system ro.

I believe you have a typo in the primed and sysrw scripts.

primed is trying to copy /system/bin/dpoverclock to /system/etc/init.d/20overclock except dpoverclock doesn't exist an sysrw is acutally flagged to set the system ro.

fixing now, thanks for pointing that out.

I re-uploaded fixed zip.

I will re-sign the package when I get home, gotta run for now.

Last edited:
Is anybody else getting massive lag when using #7? I am using my latest build #12.

I'm not getting a lag but after flashing the new kernel build I had no data connection at all. 3g or wifi. Flashed back to #6 and back running again. I did use cw to flash as well. Not sure maybe my phone wasn't cool with it. Hard to say. Any ideas?

I'm not getting a lag but after flashing the new kernel build I had no data connection at all. 3g or wifi. Flashed back to #6 and back running again. I did use cw to flash as well. Not sure maybe my phone wasn't cool with it. Hard to say. Any ideas?

Yea I had to no data at first then I rebooted and it worked again but was having really bad lag.

It's TI SDIO, I'm disabling it for the time being. I am rebuilding the kernel, it will be up in 15/20 minutes.

Last edited:
I'm having strange issues with wifi on the latest kernel. Turning it on makes the system kinda lag out and never turns on, I think when it gets to the scanning part, it turns it off then back on.

Also had a question about deprimed_update script, does that check for kernel updates or just downloads kernel again and installs it?

Deprimed test #8 (Kernel reports #3) - same URL

Fixed lag, fixed wifi, disabled TI SDIO and hopefully fixed 3G issues.

Also had a question about deprimed_update script, does that check for kernel updates or just downloads kernel again and installs it?

It downloads and installs the kernel, I may add logic to check versions if that is something people need.

Updated to test 7 with the update_deprimed script a bit ago (witch is awesome btw) and I must say.... This is, by far, the THE **** of all kernels! Wifi working prefect, not one issue with 3g (for me anyway) and not a trace of lag. Well done prime.

Back