[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

looking like i am SOL.

I made new partitions in Unubtu Primary and ext3....no luck

Used Rom Manager to make new partitions (formatted card too) No Luck

No matter what I do Link2SD does not see the card.

Maybe a Wipe and reinstall the Prime's kernel

i can confirm apps2sd working with link2sd with latest build of both the deprimed kernel and project elite with a class 4 sdcard

Edit-------------
as a matter of fact i do not believe any other kernel has ran as seamlessly as yours prime. kudos to you, and thanks for building thins for us.

you got a step by step on what you did to make that work? i cannot get 3g on this kernel to work on PE 5.0.2.. deprimed v 8... and did you do anything special to get link2sd working on PE?

i should mention that when i install PE 3g works, then after installing deprimed it doesnt work and trying to flash just the stock PE kernel. 3g doesnt work... so flashing deprimed does something... i dont know what tho.

Cyanogenmod test 12 with kernel test 8 and I get a motorola boot loop. I can reflash kernel test 6 and everything works fine

Prime, is there a custom script I can use to turn down the heat on my phone? Please help.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Did you run the primed and/or overclock script to load the lower voltage settings?

What setting are you using on your CPU for speed and governor?

What are you doing with the phone when it's hot?

The kernel runs at 900mhz @ 60vsel without using overclock, the only way your device should get hot is if your device can't take UV/ULV.

Try raising the vsel values 3 to 5 on each slot.

Run primed, edit the 20overclock it generates in /etc/init.d/, raise each vsel value (add 5 to each two digit vsel number), reboot or run 'su' then 'sh /etc/init.d/20overclock'.

Did you run the primed and/or overclock script to load the lower voltage settings?

Im on Interactive running 900mhz - 550mhz
My phone gets hot when i open up dolphin, open up Handcent, **** even when im just flipping through homescreens...

The kernel runs at 900mhz @ 60vsel without using overclock, the only way your device should get hot is if your device can't take UV/ULV.

Try raising the vsel values 3 to 5 on each slot.

Run primed, edit the 20overclock it generates in /etc/init.d/, raise each vsel value (add 5 to each two digit vsel number), reboot or run 'su' then 'sh /etc/init.d/20overclock'.

Try this (and use all the slots, the low end slots is where the device cools down):

Code:
echo "1 200000000 32" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo "6 200000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table

echo "2 350000000 38" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo "5 350000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table

echo "3 450000000 42" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo "4 450000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table

echo "4 600000000 56" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo "3 600000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table

echo "5 700000000 60" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo "2 700000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table

echo "6 800000000 65" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo "1 800000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table

echo "65" > /proc/overclock/max_vsel
echo "900000" > /proc/overclock/max_rate

Don't use interactive, use ondemand with a 30000 sampling rate.

My phone gets hot when i open up dolphin, open up Handcent, **** even when im just flipping through homescreens...

Define hot please.

Define hot please.

As in the top back part gets really hot to the touch, and SetCpu gives cpu temp #'s exceeding 110 degrees. this never happened to me before this kernel, but i really love the speed which is why im sticking to it. Thanks for the script.

Define hot please.

As in the top back part gets really hot to the touch, and SetCpu gives cpu temp #'s exceeding 110 degrees. this never happened to me before this kernel, but i really love the speed which is why im sticking to it. Thanks for the script.

What kernel works best on your device? I can match up the voltages and slots for you.

Define hot please.

What kernel works best on your device? I can match up the voltages and slots for you.

Before coming to cyanogen i would use the slayher mv kernels usually running 900 - 550 which which always worked great but then gingerbread screwed my head up so i started with chevys, which completely wrecked my battery and then rz(something or another) kernels which were decent, but lagged for me and kept my phone hot so i stuck with you, long story short slayher worked like a dream for me in 2.2.1-2.2.2 roms when using UD

Before coming to cyanogen i would use the slayher mv kernels usually running 900 - 550 which which always worked great but then gingerbread screwed my head up so i started with chevys, which completely wrecked my battery and then rz(something or another) kernels which were decent, but lagged for me and kept my phone hot so i stuck with you, long story short slayher worked like a dream for me in 2.2.1-2.2.2 roms when using UD

I knew it was voltage, all slayher kernels are high voltage...even the ULV.

Try my script above and use ondemand governor for a while.

I knew it was voltage, all slayher kernels are high voltage...even the ULV.

Try my script above and use ondemand governor for a while.

Lol Thanks! i will be trying out that script for a while I'll let you know if something comes up. Awesome Kernel!!!!

Back