[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

Kernel 9 causes a motorola boot loop (just reboots after M logo) on my CM 7 - test 12. I can reboot into recovery and install kernel test 6 and it works fine. Not sure what the difference is, but no kernel after 6 has been able to boot for me. They all give me the same boot loop.
6 and 9 are the same voltage, your certain your flashing 9?
Nandroid restore /boot and then flash kernel.

I had identical issue with Deprimed #8. After installing #8 from CWR, phone would go into a "M Logo" boot loop. After pulling battery, holding 'X' to restart into CWR, I could install #6 just fine but #8 kept looping. Finally, I re-installed CM_sholes_full-12 (no wipe), then rebooted into CWR, and installed #8 fine.

Anyway, Thanks Prime for the much quicker fix! #9 is awesome. Keep up the excellent work!

when i type in overclock in terminal it just gives a bunch of directories that are non existant?

edit
loaded a module in the msoc app and then typed in overclock, and it said file existed, so then i typed primed.
i dont know how this overclock app works though. do I need to autoload on boot? how do I know if im running the ulv?

Last edited:
I had identical issue with Deprimed #8. After installing #8 from CWR, phone would go into a "M Logo" boot loop. After pulling battery, holding 'X' to restart into CWR, I could install #6 just fine but #8 kept looping. Finally, I re-installed CM_sholes_full-12 (no wipe), then rebooted into CWR, and installed #8 fine.

Anyway, Thanks Prime for the much quicker fix! #9 is awesome. Keep up the excellent work!

I was waiting (hoping) for 13 to drop before trying to reinstall the system, but I went ahead and did this. Reflashed 12 w/o wiping and installed kernel 9 right afterwards (no boot between) and it is working fine. I don't know what had gotten messed up, but it is all good now. Thanks Prime and jhuntdog. This kernel is very sweet Prime.

when i type in overclock in terminal it just gives a bunch of directories that are non existant?

edit
loaded a module in the msoc app and then typed in overclock, and it said file existed, so then i typed primed.
i dont know how this overclock app works though. do I need to autoload on boot? how do I know if im running the ulv?

Your only supposed to load the module but a single time, then unload module (the module will only exist once doing so).

In a terminal. (If the 900000 line reads vsel=60 your good to go).

Code:
cat /proc/overclock/mpu_opps

Last edited:
Glad you guys got it worked out, I'm still trying to figure out why this is happening...it's recovery related.

I'm getting slightly better battery life on test 9, compcache would max out rather fast at 10% so I bumped it up to 18%. Probably had to do with things being locked in memory and home screen setup. Haven't really had to restart compcache either.

Kernel 9 causes a motorola boot loop (just reboots after M logo) on my CM 7 - test 12. I can reboot into recovery and install kernel test 6 and it works fine. Not sure what the difference is, but no kernel after 6 has been able to boot for me. They all give me the same boot loop.

I am getting bootloop on 9 also. I didnt get bootloop for 6 though. I did your method but it didnt work. So I flashed the Kernel FIRST then Nandroid restore /boot. Is that the same thing?

I am getting bootloop on 9 also. I didnt get bootloop for 6 though. I did your method but it didnt work. So I flashed the Kernel FIRST then Nandroid restore /boot. Is that the same thing?

No it's not the same thing, nandroid restore a good boot backup, then flash the kernel.

No it's not the same thing, nandroid restore a good boot backup, then flash the kernel.

Then that method doesn't work. I did as you said and I still get bootloops.

Then that method doesn't work. I did as you said and I still get bootloops.

I don't know what else to try, the kernel is good. What recovery are you using?

edit

Your only supposed to load the module but a single time, then unload module (the module will only exist once doing so).

In a terminal. (If the 900000 line reads vsel=60 your good to go).

Code:
cat /proc/overclock/mpu_opps

ok i typed that in terminal and it came back ok. So now i go into the milestone oc app and unload the module? Im sorry for being so confused.

will it still be persistant after a reboot? i guess i dont understand the oc app very well

also, i noticed my droid notification noise disappeared after flashing. any ideas?

well turning off the oc app module brought the speed down to 550...

armin, maybe you can help... once the kernel is loaded...booted up, what the hell do I do now? i screwed it up last time. i have the milestone oc app and i would like the ulv values and for them to be persistent after a reboot. if you cant, thanks for lookin!

Back