[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

Well, I can't get the #9 to install at all. It just bootloops on the motorola M. I have tried it with the Raidzero recovery and clockwork recovery. I tried it with sapphire 2.0.2 and CM 6.1.2 with no success. These are fresh installs of both ROMs. I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm wondering if it has something to do with Froyo...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

That's because its made for cm7. You know... gingerbread.

Hmm, I could have sworn that this kernel is considered a universal kernel. If it really is for gingerbread only then ignore my previous posts.

What exactly does this sleep module do? In more detail I'm curious.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

what scripts need to be run, if any, to get the ulv values and have them be persistent on this version?

per the instructions on XDA I am trying the free windows partition tool
http://www.partitionwizard.com/index.html
from here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=919326

This is frustrating...

I wiped, cleared everything, formatted the SD Card, recreated partitions via ROM Manager, verified i can mount SD-EXT in CW. Installed CW7 #12 and latest deprimed kernel installed Link2SD and a few apps. reboot. Open Link2sd and partition cannot be found.

using 16GB Class SD Card. Ideas?

Last edited:
what scripts need to be run, if any, to get the ulv values and have them be persistent on this version?

Run "overclock" then "primed"

Sent from my Droid
I think you just need to run "primed"... overclock is to just set it for the current boot:

Scripts available (These should be ran in a su terminal).

1.) overclock

The overclock script will automatically load the modified Milestone Overclock module and run my ULV overclock 200 - 900mhz script.

2.) primed

The primed script will create a 20overclock file in /etc/init.d/, execute the file, and kernel will boot up in ULV 200 - 900mhz until the deprimed script is ran.

3.) deprimed

The deprimed script will undo the primed script, once ran your kernel will boot into the stock deprimed test kernel voltages and slots 125 - 900mhz SV

Anyone else notice terrible battery life?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Test 10 is running well, other than it takes 4+ seconds for the device to wake after pressing the power button. I wonder if it has to do with the deeper sleep function in test 10? Any way for us to disable the deeper sleep?
Edit: Now it sometimes takes 3-4 presses to get the screen to wake.

Last edited:
Free Partition Magic alternative. Free Partition Manager Software for Windows 7/VISTA/XP/2000 and Windows Server 2003/2008/2000.
from here

[App] Link2SD - xda-developers

This is frustrating...

I wiped, cleared everything, formatted the SD Card, recreated partitions via ROM Manager, verified i can mount SD-EXT in CW. Installed CW7 #12 and latest deprimed kernel installed Link2SD and a few apps. reboot. Open Link2sd and partition cannot be found.

I didn't think of this before but I recently noticed that CM7 has an 05mountsd script in init.d, I think this mounts your ext partition as /sd-ext which works for firerats script but not link2sd. Maybe back this file up on your sdcard and delete it from init.d and reboot and see if link2sd will detect the partition now. I can assure you link2sd works with CM7 build 12 and deprimed 10 because I am using it now. I think my 99complete script runs after 05mountsd and properly mounts the partition as /data/sdext2 for link2sd.

Test 10 is running well, other than it takes 4+ seconds for the device to wake after pressing the power button. I wonder if it has to do with the deeper sleep function in test 10? Any way for us to disable the deeper sleep?

It is running well for me so far, no problems waking but I have only had it installed for like 30 minutes so I'll have to see if it keeps working well over time.

Also I am not using any setcpu profiles, do you have a screen off profile set? If so try increasing the frequency for it. Also I am using the primed ulv overclock with min freq 200, if you have the default slots and use the 125 min that could cause the slow wakeup.

Last edited:
I dont have this directory /data/sdext2

will try xda-developers - View Single Post - [APP] Link2SD perfect for XT720

Free Partition Magic alternative. Free Partition Manager Software for Windows 7/VISTA/XP/2000 and Windows Server 2003/2008/2000.
from here

[App] Link2SD - xda-developers

This is frustrating...

I didn't think of this before but I recently noticed that CM7 has an 05mountsd script in init.d, I think this mounts your ext partition as /sd-ext which works for firerats script but not link2sd. Maybe back this file up on your sdcard and delete it from init.d and reboot and see if link2sd will detect the partition now. I can assure you link2sd works with CM7 build 12 and deprimed 10 because I am using it now. I think my 99complete script runs after 05mountsd and properly mounts the partition as /data/sdext2 for link2sd.

I have to be honest, a deeper sleep option doesn't seem AT ALL appealing to me, given the troubles my phone already has waking up for phone calls etc... just seems like a lot more missed calls and frustration to me

It is running well for me so far, no problems waking but I have only had it installed for like 30 minutes so I'll have to see if it keeps working well over time.

Also I am not using any setcpu profiles, do you have a screen off profile set? If so try increasing the frequency for it. Also I am using the primed ulv overclock with min freq 200, if you have the default slots and use the 125 min that could cause the slow wakeup.
I tried increasing the frequencies on the screen off profile, but it didn't help at all.

It is likely the 125mhz bottom slot, I generally run the kernel with overclock...this changes the bottom slot to 200mhz.

Next test I will change bottom slot to 250mhz and disable the deeper sleep function.

Time being try using the interactive governor please.

*edit*
I am also experiencing the issue with screen taking time to come back on....its the SLUB allocation.

I'm working on a fix right now, please don't test the kernels if you need your device to be 100% all the time. I suggest using reprimed for the time being. I can't know how the device is going to act as I change things, it's why the kernel is called a test :)

I do apologize for any inconvenience my kernel causes you.

Back