[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

Trying to read through this whole thread, but I had a quick question regarding this kernel.

Do I just flash deprimed_kernel_test through CWR and that's it? What steps do I take after flashing the new kernel to get it setup and running correctly.

Do I use setCPU or does this manage the clock speed itself?

Hey prime,

Not to take away from your current work, because I love this kernel myself :), but I was just wondering if at one point you might port a newer release of the android kernel to our Droid, like 2.38.5/6/7? I know it must not be easy, but it had me curious as to why no one had attempted it yet. Are there any real advantages? Would it not be worth the time? Even though I know better, I'd like to be able to run something newer like some other phones do :p

Hey prime,

Not to take away from your current work, because I love this kernel myself :), but I was just wondering if at one point you might port a newer release of the android kernel to our Droid, like 2.38.5/6/7? I know it must not be easy, but it had me curious as to why no one had attempted it yet. Are there any real advantages? Would it not be worth the time? Even though I know better, I'd like to be able to run something newer like some other phones do :p

It will be my next kernel project. I thought about trying this time but I wanted a kernel that suited my device now instead of later.

Hey prime,

It will be my next kernel project. I thought about trying this time but I wanted a kernel that suited my device now instead of later.

Cool! You really have caught my attention with your current work and can't wait to see what else you come up with :)

Deprimed test #11 (Kernel reports #3) - same URL

Changed to deadline scheduler (permanently), changed to SLOB allocator (permanently), changed bottom slot to 250mhz (permanently), updated overclock script to reflect changed addresses, various TCP ipv4/6 changes to latency, etc...etc.

Trying to read through this whole thread, but I had a quick question regarding this kernel.

Do I just flash deprimed_kernel_test through CWR and that's it? What steps do I take after flashing the new kernel to get it setup and running correctly.

You can use the kernel just like your current kernel, you do not have to do anything but flash the zip in CWR.

Please download the newest revision (#11 as of writing this), #10 created issues for some (including myself).

Kernel # 11 working great so far. Perfect wifi, 3g, speed, heat, etc. Prime, this is really excellent work. I'm excited to see how this project progresses. Thank you. Running cm_sholes_full-12.

I dont have this directory /data/sdext2

will try xda-developers - View Single Post - [APP] Link2SD perfect for XT720

per the instructions on XDA I am trying the free windows partition tool
Free Partition Magic alternative. Free Partition Manager Software for Windows 7/VISTA/XP/2000 and Windows Server 2003/2008/2000.
from here

[App] Link2SD - xda-developers

This is frustrating...

I wiped, cleared everything, formatted the SD Card, recreated partitions via ROM Manager, verified i can mount SD-EXT in CW. Installed CW7 #12 and latest deprimed kernel installed Link2SD and a few apps. reboot. Open Link2sd and partition cannot be found.

using 16GB Class SD Card. Ideas?

I didn't think of this before but I recently noticed that CM7 has an 05mountsd script in init.d, I think this mounts your ext partition as /sd-ext which works for firerats script but not link2sd. Maybe back this file up on your sdcard and delete it from init.d and reboot and see if link2sd will detect the partition now. I can assure you link2sd works with CM7 build 12 and deprimed 10 because I am using it now. I think my 99complete script runs after 05mountsd and properly mounts the partition as /data/sdext2 for link2sd.

That link won't help as Prime's kernel already has ext2 module built in. In the apps2sd thread I talked about that I had to make a custom script to make a directory /data/sdext2 and mount the ext2 partition to that path. Check out the apps2sd thread I started in here and see if the script there fixes it for you. If that doesn't help it would probably be better to ask more questions in that thread so they don't get lost in this kernel thread.

You can use the kernel just like your current kernel, you do not have to do anything but flash the zip in CWR.

Please download the newest revision (#11 as of writing this), #10 created issues for some (including myself).
Thanks for the confirmation.

Just flashed the kernel on CM7 nightlies-12. I went to About Phone and it says Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9 prime@optimusmobile #3

Just want to make sure that the #3 isn't the version I am using because I clicked the link in the OP and it was supposed to download #11.

You can use the overclock command, install deprimed MSOC first...link in my sig.

Sorry I ment editing the different slots voltages and clocks, is that possible with this kernel?

Run

Code:
su
primed
sysrw

Then edit the /etc/init.d/20overclock to suit your device.

Hmm thanks for the info. Unfortunately when I try this I get a soft reset after about a minute. I can get into 20overclock but haven't been able to modify the values yet (reboots before I can). The stock voltages I saw in 20overclock are the same as they were in reprimed though which I've never had issues with so I'm not sure that the problem is. I'm running kernel #11.

Back