[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

I have never got reboots before this one. Test 11. Now I am having same problem as gambit.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

So this is a total noob question and i apologize for that, but how exactly do you overclock the deprimed kernal to have a top slot of 1ghz? is there a link to a guide or walkthrough or something? thanks in advance im running cm7 12-3 build by winner00 if that matters.

I had issues with 11. Kept freezing up and rebooting or froze and had to pull the battery. The last time it happened, the "touch the droid" came up so I nandroided a back up.
10 ran great except for the wake up time.
Cm7 winner #12-3

I'm getting really crappy video streaming with test 11. Youtube videos freeze up a lot, not buffering but it seems that something is having a hard time paying the video smoothly

I have to recompile the overçlock module and disable mailbox support to dsp, should fix things up.

Strange that I'm not having any issues.

(just tested YouTube...freezing up so the issue is in the kernel)

With the exception of the extended wake up time, which isn't that bad, I love the kernel, great battery life. Better than before for sure. Great work Prime. Keep it up man. I'm def enjoying your work.

I have to recompile the overçlock module and disable mailbox support to dsp, should fix things up.

Strange that I'm not having any issues.

(just tested YouTube...freezing up so the issue is in the kernel)

kk, great :) can't wait to test the next version as even with build #10 taking a couple seconds to turn on it was better than the stock kernel :p

I had issues with 11. Kept freezing up and rebooting or froze and had to pull the battery. The last time it happened, the "touch the droid" came up so I nandroided a back up.
10 ran great except for the wake up time.
Cm7 winner #12-3

Had the exact same thing happen to me. running that same build :(

Last edited:
Kernel is cooking now, I had to wait till family went to bed.

This is D1 specific kernal I assume correct?

Sent from my 2.3.3 GB Incredible

Kernel is cooking now, I had to wait till family went to bed.

Understandable :)

Will have to test after school tomorrow as I need to go to sleep now myself.

Hope everything goes according to plan!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

This is D1 specific kernal I assume correct?

Sent from my 2.3.3 GB Incredible
At least the incredible has the 2.6.37 version of kernel. Lets hope prime can get this ported to the droid.

Last edited:
Back