[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

deprimed #12 up, I will post the changes later

Deprimed test #12 (Kernel reports #7) - same URL

Changed kernel vermagic to 2.6.32.9-deprimed, integrated overclock into kernel source, added one more overclock variable to overclock script, removed mailbox support on DSP, more defined set of networking options, removed more debugging from PowerVR graphic driver, enabled low-level LCD backlight control, etc..etc.

You do not need Milestone Overclock to use the overclock script any more, but I had to update the application to deal with the fact that I changed the kernel vermagic to (2.6.32.9-deprimed) instead of (2.6.32.9) for the time being.

I really hope this kernel does better than the last for everyone.

Last edited:
Deprimed test #12 (Kernel reports #7) - same URL

Changed kernel vermagic to 2.6.32.9-deprimed, integrated overclock into kernel source, added one more overclock variable to overclock script, removed mailbox support on DSP, more defined set of networking options, removed more debugging from PowerVR graphic driver, enabled low-level LCD backlight control, etc..etc.

You do not need Milestone Overclock to use the overclock script any more, but I had to update the application to deal with the fact that I changed the kernel vermagic to (2.6.32.9-deprimed) instead of (2.6.32.9) for the time being.

I really hope this kernel does better than the last for everyone.

HAHA I saw that in the OP you posted ( I hate doing change logs ).

You should just make bulletins. If someone doesn't get it, then they'll ask and I'm sure someone will be able to answer.

Prime, I am amazed at all of the improvements you are making. There have been many modded kernels in the past, but I feel pretty certain that none of their makers have put in the time to improve and attempt to perfect every aspect of the kernel the way you have. This kernel is amazing and gets better ever build.

Just sent a donation your way :)

kernel 12 is running great!
using scripts overclock and primed

Prime, I am amazed at all of the improvements you are making. There have been many modded kernels in the past, but I feel pretty certain that none of their makers have put in the time to improve and attempt to perfect every aspect of the kernel the way you have. This kernel is amazing and gets better ever build.

Just sent a donation your way :)

Thanks so much for your gratuitous donation.

My intention has always been to release the finest Droid kernel, I think were off to a decent start thus far. If/when I get that perfect base kernel I can move on to phase two, phase two should make the kernel stand even further from the pack.

I appreciate every one of my deprimed testers and thank you all for spreading the good word about the kernel.

Glad to hear it, I hope the battery life proves to be there...speedy kernel this one :)

Prime Idk what's going on I loaded this new kernel up and had a reboot, didn't load from the M and now I'm lagging like hell and running hot!!!!!!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Your the man Prime! #12 up and running well. I had some reboots on 11 but 12 is great so far.

Glad to hear it, I hope the battery life proves to be there...speedy kernel this one :)

Prime Idk what's going on I loaded this new kernel up and had a reboot, didn't load from the M and now I'm lagging like hell and running hot!!!!!!

Was there free space in /system when you installed? If it was too full maybe only parts of the update got installed which could create problems. Also do you use SetCPU or CM settings to set your frequency slots on boot? The new slots might be different from what you were using and maybe it is trying to set non-existent frequencies on boot and having issues? Just some guesses, good luck.

After I run the primed command, it reset my slots/vsels correctly, but SetCPU will not go down to 200Mhz. It keeps the min at 250 even though the main and profile sliders don't recognize 250 as a slot...just 200,350,450etc.

SetCPU shows that it's not spending any TiS at 200. Just 350+.

Should I just edit the 20overclock script so the min is 250? I liked 200 in the previous tests.

My device is 74 degrees Fahrenheit while constantly getting emails and tweets, it seems your device simply does not agree with this kernels stock voltages. You will need to create and adjust a 20overclock file.

Do this in terminal:

Code:
su
primed
sysrw

Open /etc/init.d/20overclock and raise or lower the voltages (vsel) for each slot, I'm unsure which way you need to go but I believe it's up.

Back