[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

After I run the primed command, it reset my slots/vsels correctly, but SetCPU will not go down to 200Mhz. It keeps the min at 250 even though the main and profile sliders don't recognize 250 as a slot...just 200,350,450etc.

SetCPU shows that it's not spending any TiS at 200. Just 350+.

Should I just edit the 20overclock script so the min is 250? I liked 200 in the previous tests.

It's because you can't go lower than the stock kernels lowest slot, I don't believe milestone overclock has always behaved this way but I have no fix currently. I will have to lower the default lowest slot to 125mhz on my next kernel to resolve this issue, unless I figure out a way in code.

Glad to hear it, I hope the battery life proves to be there...speedy kernel this one :)

Prime Idk what's going on I loaded this new kernel up and had a reboot, didn't load from the M and now I'm lagging like hell and running hot!!!!!!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Was there free space in /system when you installed? If it was too full maybe only parts of the update got installed which could create problems. Also do you use SetCPU or CM settings to set your frequency slots on boot? The new slots might be different from what you were using and maybe it is trying to set non-existent frequencies on boot and having issues? Just some guesses, good luck.

I use setcpu and it loaded up properly, I think it was me and how I edited the script everything is working like a charm after I ran primed and rebooted. Thanks!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Battery life is much better for me on #12. Anyone else noticing an improvement?

After I run the primed command, it reset my slots/vsels correctly, but SetCPU will not go down to 200Mhz. It keeps the min at 250 even though the main and profile sliders don't recognize 250 as a slot...just 200,350,450etc.

SetCPU shows that it's not spending any TiS at 200. Just 350+.

Should I just edit the 20overclock script so the min is 250? I liked 200 in the previous tests.

It's because you can't go lower than the stock kernels lowest slot, I don't believe milestone overclock has always behaved this way but I have no fix currently. I will have to lower the default lowest slot to 125mhz on my next kernel to resolve this issue, unless I figure out a way in code.

Edited 20overclock and set lowest clock speed to 250. All is well thanks!

I've always had issues with the phone waking up for calls. Even when lowest slot is 250. I assume I get all calls, but sometimes the slider to answer doesn't show up 'til it's too latel. Is the only way to avoid this raise the min slot/vsel?

If Screen Off profile is set at 250min/400max, will that typically use more power than 250/250? Will 250/400 theoretically improve the wake for call issue?

I don't currently use any profiles as I find that lowering the speed below 500mhz while the screen is off will always cause the system to get behind (this is the lag), then the CPU must spin up for longer periods of time than normal to catch up (heat/decreased battery life).

Overall gingerbread is simply too resource hungry to run any profile below 500mhz for any extended period of time, hopefully someone can find a few ways to lighten the gingerbread load before CM7 is finalized.

I don't currently use any profiles as I find that lowering the speed below 500mhz while the screen is off will always cause the system to get behind (this is the lag), then the CPU must spin up for longer periods of time than normal to catch up (heat/decreased battery life).

Overall gingerbread is simply too resource hungry to run any profile below 500mhz for any extended period of time, hopefully someone can find a few ways to lighten the gingerbread load before CM7 is finalized.
Make sure CVPCS is aware of that. Maybe he'll figure something out once he gets settled in. :)

I'm getting terrific battery life on 12. Texting and emailing all morning, now at 80. I'll wait and see the rest of the day but VERY awesome so far. Great job man. This is the best kernel I've ran for a loooong time.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Is SetCPU needed for your kernel to utilize all 7 slots or will the phone run through all 7 slots regardless?

Are the CM Settings-->Performance settings enough without SetCPU?

kernel #12 is great but I think I found a bug.
I ran the scripts overclock and primed. The 200 setting for min won't stay lock in.
If you go in to the built in cpu settings, the min setting shows 250 MHz. Open the settings and 200 is listed, tap it and it shows it at 200 now. Back out to performance settings and then go back in cpu settings and the min is changed back to 250. Open the setting and it has the 200 not checked anymore.
I checked the setcpu info and the time in state has 200 listed but hardly any time. The 350 seems to be the min now.

Can anyone else replicate this? I've tried rebooting but it is still the same.

Hey Prime can you please write up a script for me? I've been using 12 all day and i gotta say this battery life thing is starting to get out of control. I've tried raising the Voltage on the kernel and that only makes it heat up and die faster and then i tried leaving it stock and no dice, and to be honest idk how much to lower the voltage to keep it safe.

Yeah my battery life hasn't been as good with this kernel compared to reprimed, my phone died a little while ago with moderage usage.

First time trying to load this kernel, and stuck at boot logo, think i flashed it right, and tried restoring boot and reflashing, any ideas? Using cm nightly #13 btw

Last edited:
Back