[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

Yeah my battery life hasn't been as good with this kernel compared to reprimed, my phone died a little while ago with moderage usage.

Overall not great for me either, 14 hours to 10%...not my best work.

Hey Prime can you please write up a script for me? I've been using 12 all day and i gotta say this battery life thing is starting to get out of control. I've tried raising the Voltage on the kernel and that only makes it heat up and die faster and then i tried leaving it stock and no dice, and to be honest idk how much to lower the voltage to keep it safe.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Yeah my battery life hasn't been as good with this kernel compared to reprimed, my phone died a little while ago with moderage usage.

I am running your #12 with the chevyss rom, and I seem to be getting better battery life, so far. One of your last post, you talk about setting the min speed to 550. I never thought about setting the min to a higher number. I raised mine up to 400 on this rom, and it made a big difference in the performance of my rom. Does that really have an effect on the performance?

I am running your #12 with the chevyss rom, and I seem to be getting better battery life, so far. One of your last post, you talk about setting the min speed to 550. I never thought about setting the min to a higher number. I raised mine up to 400 on this rom, and it made a big difference in the performance of my rom. Does that really have an effect on the performance?

When I talked about setting the minimum I meant on SetCPU profiles (although it's not terrible to do so in general).

Example being if you have a SetCPU screen off profile to be (min=250mhz max=350) on gingerbread the system will get behind. If your going to use a screen off profile I suggest (min=250 max=550) as this should allow your CPU load to stay low and overall system responsiveness should be nice as well. This also allows a safety net from your phone getting hot if a process spins out of control, because while the screen is off your CPU can only run @ 550mhz.

Hey Prime can you please write up a script for me? I've been using 12 all day and i gotta say this battery life thing is starting to get out of control. I've tried raising the Voltage on the kernel and that only makes it heat up and die faster and then i tried leaving it stock and no dice, and to be honest idk how much to lower the voltage to keep it safe.

I'm doing an alternative kernel right now, try it when I'm finished and perhaps it will be better on your device.

I'm doing an alternative kernel right now, try it when I'm finished and perhaps it will be better on your device.

Thanks sooo much!!!

Here is the link to my alternate kernel, 125mhz - 900mhz LV by default (this kernel can do 200mhz with overclock).

http://bit.ly/primed_test

I will not be listing changes to this alternate kernel.

Hey prime, if I edit the 20overclock file at all with #12, I'm getting strange bootloops... the boot animation flickers, and then the phone seems to shut down, and I can't get it to turn back on without a battery pull... I'm on a complete wipe before installing the current winner build 13 btw

Hey prime, if I edit the 20overclock file at all with #12, I'm getting strange bootloops... the boot animation flickers, and then the phone seems to shut down, and I can't get it to turn back on without a battery pull

Let me see one of your edits. How are you editing the file (with what application)?

I'm just opening the file in a text editor through root explorer, same way I edited it with every other build... I can't access an edited file because I have to reflash the kernel to get the phone to boot up, which erases my edited file, but all I'm doing is changing the bottom slot to 250 and the top to 1000, so the edits for those slots would look like this

echo "6 250000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table
echo "1 250000000 28" > proc/overclocl/mpu_opps

and

echo "60" > /proc/overclock/max_vsel
echo "1000000" > /proc/overclock/max_rate

I'm not touching ANYTHING else in the file

I'm just opening the file in a text editor through root explorer, same way I edited it with every other build... I can't access an edited file because I have to reflash the kernel to get the phone to boot up, which erases my edited file, but all I'm doing is changing the bottom slot to 250 and the top to 1000, so the edits for those slots would look like this

echo "6 250000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table
echo "1 250000000 28" > proc/overclocl/mpu_opps

and

echo "60" > /proc/overclock/max_vsel
echo "1000000" > /proc/overclock/max_rate

I'm not touching ANYTHING else in the file

Try changing the 60 to 65, it's likely the voltage but I can't be sure.

That seems to have worked, thanks for your help. It's odd, because I was using 60 on every other version of the kernel without issue, and even before we were editing the 20overclock files I was setting MSOC to custom at 1000 / 60.. is that a sign that I should be looking out for that my processor is starting to weaken?

That seems to have worked, thanks for your help. It's odd, because I was using 60 on every other version of the kernel without issue, and even before we were editing the 20overclock files I was setting MSOC to custom at 1000 / 60.. is that a sign that I should be looking out for that my processor is starting to weaken?

It is likely the kernel is sipping a little more voltage than previously, nothing is likely wrong with your device.

Thank you for the donation, much appreciated.

Was getting FCs on Launcher Pro with deprimed #12. Alternative kernel fixed that. Nice work prime.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Back