Last Post Wins.....Ver 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonus post win. SwiftKey stats.

8afdbfbb320fbb5b06cdb6c922a5988c.jpg

Haha! I don't use predictions much apparently...

Sent from my Note 4

You can swipe with the Google keyboard too, it works really well. I've always been a Swype fan myself, but there was about a year when I had my S3 where the latest Swype version was laggy as all get out so I switched to Swiftkey. It's definitely a great alternative but it just wasn't as good as Swype imho. After one of their later Swype updates about 6 months ago it's been lag free and I've been back to using it exclusively since I got my S5.
That said, Swype, Swiftkey, Samsung & Google have all improved dramatically over the past year and you really can't go wrong with any of them and their swipe features. It's all a matter of preference these days.
As for making the switch, like Johnny pointed out, there is a bit of a learning curve, but if you stick with it for a good 2-3 weeks, you'll never go back to tapping the keys the old fashion way. Back during my dumbphone days I was super fast with typing on a T9 number pad. (I never was able to type as fast on a regular keyboard once I upgraded to a smartphone) Once I made the transition to swiping, the speed came back and that was all she wrote. No pun intended!

It makes you wonder how Iphone users have dealt with their single keyboard option for all those years. It would be interesting to know if Swype has taken off now that it's available to them.

S5 tap'n

Agreed. They're all quite close. Just comes down to personal preference and first experiences. If I had gotten into swiping when I used Swype, I'd probably feel the same, but SwiftKey had better corrections & predictions when I switched & then added flowing later, so I was already hooked and made the transition gradually.

I never really liked the "feel" of tapping Swype either.

I suppose I could give that one a try again since it shipped on my phone...

Sent from my Note 4

Good morning win.. Cup of coffee in hand.. And loading some music playlist for gym later this morning..

M8 tap'd

Reactions: cr6
Morning!

Jonny they may have removed the dark keyboard on your phone since they went with those groovy pastel colors.

Pastel grey it is! ;)

I wonder why they are moving away from darker colors? I hope it doesn't take long to get used to on the new phone.

Material design? Even the new app drawer in lollipop is bright white.

In any case, my swiftkey keyboard is dark and will remain my keyboard. Might try Swype again down the road, but I had enough experimentation yesterday on the typing front.

Sent from my Note 4

Yeah I'm not digging the bright colors. Not my thing. I love how they force stuff on people without options. Look what they did to iOS when iOS7 was released.

I've got a lot of stuff automated so I don't have to go into the settings app much anymore and fortunately I can change the rest with a launcher.

I'm not even a launcher type person and yet I am trying out different ones in anticipation of the new TouchWiz.

I use the dark keyboard on Swift Key as well. I like it.

Yeah I'm not digging the bright colors. Not my thing. I love how they force stuff on people without options. Look what they did to iOS when iOS7 was released.

I've got a lot of stuff automated so I don't have to go into the settings app much anymore and fortunately I can change the rest with a launcher.

I'm not even a launcher type person and yet I am trying out different ones in anticipation of the new TouchWiz.

I use the dark keyboard on Swift Key as well. I like it.
That's where android trumps ios for sure though. At least we've had the ability to download replacements for things like keyboards for quite some time. I don't NEED a launcher, but I like the fancy animations & such, so I've gone back to Next, though I'm thinking about giving Nova a run again. Been a while.

I'm not sure why you don't like the new touchwiz though if you don't like the bight colors. They've toned them down considerably & made widgets transparent & everything.

Hey, you're a note user, (dp, feel free to answer as well) is there a difference between the 2 colors of s pen tips, or were they just too lazy to sort them to match each phone? Also, how do you know when to change them?

Sent from my Note 4

That's where android trumps ios for sure though. At least we've had the ability to download replacements for things like keyboards for quite some time. I don't NEED a launcher, but I like the fancy animations & such, so I've gone back to Next, though I'm thinking about giving Nova a run again. Been a while.

I'm not sure why you don't like the new touchwiz though if you don't like the bight colors. They've toned them down considerably & made widgets transparent & everything.

Hey, you're a note user, (dp, feel free to answer as well) is there a difference between the 2 colors of s pen tips, or were they just too lazy to sort them to match each phone? Also, how do you know when to change them?

Sent from my Note 4

I haven't ever changed one out. I've had the Note 1, 2, and 3. The Note 10.1, 10.1 2014 Edition, and now the Note Pro 12.2.

I can only imagine the extra tips are there for if you damage one while the pen is out of the holder.

I'm still using the original one in my phone and tablet and I use the pen daily.

Sunday funday win!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back