LauncherPro Beta (SUPER FAST & SMOOTH Launcher!)

is there a way to swap between the default and launcherpro without uninstalling it?

there's an app called "home switcher" that's probably the easiest way

sorry if this has been answered but does anyone know how this compairs to ADW?

I've used ADW on BB1.0, and this is easily as fast/snappy as ADW, but I've had less FC's so far... mind you it's only been a few hours. The transition to the drawer is the "fly in/out", and that's not instant like ADW, so it feels slower in that one instance, but it's still smooth and fast. I also like how ADW has 5 columns, but not a huge deal.

Last edited:

I've used ADW on BB1.0, and this is easily as fast/snappy as ADW, but I've had less FC's so far... mind you it's only been a few hours. The transition to the drawer is the "fly in/out", and that's not instant like ADW, so it feels slower in that one instance, but it's still smooth and fast. I also like how ADW has 5 columns, but not a huge deal.

thanks for your input. looks like i'll be sticking with ADW for now. it's been flawless for me with not FC's.

is there a way to swap between the default and launcherpro without uninstalling it?

there's an app called "home switcher" that's probably the easiest way

+1 for Home Switcher

One nice thing about Home Switcher is that in addition to easily setting the default, you can also just "Launch" a Home. Launching a Home doesn't change the Home button so you can see if a home works. This why if it causes problems (the original Helix 2 in the Market wouldn't work on a Droid and it would Force Close continuously) just hitting "Home" would save you.

Has anyone played with the new HelixLauncher 1.4b? It's pretty DAMN smooth itself...

That's what I'm currently using. While I like LauncherPro, I don't like the fact you can't change the 4 shortcuts.

Last edited:
Does it matter if you leave all your existing widgets/icons on the stock home screen when running this app as far as speed goes? If Android runs stuff in the background then I would think widgets which update themselves are still doing that despite being "covered up" by this Home replacement. Any validation or rebuttal to this thought?

thanks for your input. looks like i'll be sticking with ADW for now. it's been flawless for me with not FC's.

I also run a stock root most of the time, and ADW won't run on that... so I'm a fan of this for sure :)

Does it matter if you leave all your existing widgets/icons on the stock home screen when running this app as far as speed goes? If Android runs stuff in the background then I would think widgets which update themselves are still doing that despite being "covered up" by this Home replacement. Any validation or rebuttal to this thought?

I've heard that too, but since I don't use the stock home, there's nothing on it.

I've heard that too, but since I don't use the stock home, there's nothing on it.

I really like this home replacement and will probably delete all the stuff on the stock home, but I just wondered if anybody knew for sure....

If you leave Helix installed but use Launcherpro does it slow down the phone?

i looked at my "running" programs, and only saw the original "home" program and launcherpro running. did not see helix on the list. so i would say that it doesn't slow the phone down.

Back