LauncherPro Beta (SUPER FAST & SMOOTH Launcher!)

Whats multi touch sense preview?

This thing is sick! My droid now feels as fast an Incredible! and it has the multitouch-enabled sense preview. I have to admit I was skeptical, I have never stuck with a home replacement app before, but this is great!

Make a pinching motion on a home screen and you are zipped out to the thumbnail screen a la HTC Sense

Pressing the home button does the same thing. But I guess it's kinda cool.

Whats multi touch sense preview?

This thing is sick! My droid now feels as fast an Incredible! and it has the multitouch-enabled sense preview. I have to admit I was skeptical, I have never stuck with a home replacement app before, but this is great!

Make a pinching motion on a home screen and you are zipped out to the thumbnail screen a la HTC Sense

I installed it together with Helix 2 for a comparison, and it seems like LauncherPro is faster and smoother. However, I will be uninstalling both of them, since I prefer GDE (paid, but I've had it for a while) due to its transition options. I don't think I can live without the cube transition now... it's just so cool. Still, I will keep an eye on LauncherPro, because it seems to have a lot of potential.

BTW, I recommend FolderOrganizer for people with lots of apps and a compulsive desire to organize them into groups (not unlike folders, but IMO better). I reduced my screens from 7 to 3, though it's really just one screen and two more for pointless widgets.

Ran across something weird last night. Launcherpro became extreemly slugish. As in, I would swipe to the next screen and it would respond about 10 seconds later. I couldn't open the options menu to restart it at all.

It eventually stabilized somewhat but was still slow until this morning when I finally rebooted the phone. It seems to be back to normal now.

One minor bug I'm seeing is when you use the pinch-to-preview feature... If your pinch swipes over an existing widget, it tries to pick up the widget and move it. Maybe it's too sensitive?

Not a huge deal to me though, as I just use the home button method instead.

So far so good. I ditched Helix for this. If I could change one thing, it would be the customizable dock on the bottom...or lack thereof. It's wicked fast

I got a force close last night when I put my droid in the bed-side dock. :(

i installed launcherpro yesterday and last night put the phone in the dock and all worked fine. I also run with Bedside and the LEDs hack.

is there a way to swap between the default and launcherpro without uninstalling it?

there's an app called "home switcher" that's probably the easiest way

+1 for Home Switcher

One nice thing about Home Switcher is that in addition to easily setting the default, you can also just "Launch" a Home. Launching a Home doesn't change the Home button so you can see if a home works. This why if it causes problems (the original Helix 2 in the Market wouldn't work on a Droid and it would Force Close continuously) just hitting "Home" would save you.

Has anyone played with the new HelixLauncher 1.4b? It's pretty DAMN smooth itself...

That's what I'm currently using. While I like LauncherPro, I don't like the fact you can't change the 4 shortcuts.

Yahh the Helix dev needs to stop making this a paid thing. It's been months since he's updated. LauncherPro is kicking ass too. 1.4 needs to come out for regular users :D I'll stick to Helix 1.4b simply because I can customize icons and it's just as fast.... IF you're using an older version of Helix (like the one on the market), I can understand. LauncherPro blows it away......

And just months ago we were all like "OMG Helix is the FASTESt thing EVER. It blows away Home++, Stock... etc"

smooth

Installed last night. haven't done much playing/testing, but very smooth. will update this tread if I ran into any f/c.

If ADW ever comes to non-root users and a market install, it plus LauncherPro will make Helix obsolete unless they do some serious updating.

Does it matter if you leave all your existing widgets/icons on the stock home screen when running this app as far as speed goes? If Android runs stuff in the background then I would think widgets which update themselves are still doing that despite being "covered up" by this Home replacement. Any validation or rebuttal to this thought?

I've heard that too, but since I don't use the stock home, there's nothing on it.

I really like this home replacement and will probably delete all the stuff on the stock home, but I just wondered if anybody knew for sure....

This I wonder because I customized Home++, then went to Helix. With 2.1, I tried Helix2 as it's slightly smoother with 2.1 but went back to original Helix. Then I customized LauncherPro. I wonder if I have like 5 copies of the damn widget running ><

Back