LauncherPro Beta (SUPER FAST & SMOOTH Launcher!)

I'm going to keep it on my phone but not use it for now. I'll switch as soon as I can customize which apps go in the dock. I don't use the stock browser, so having it in the dock us a deal breaker. Other than that, everything about it seems great.

Sent from my Droid

You don't have to use the stock browser, mine defaults to dolphin hd.

AS for battery life, When I was running helix, it took approx. 2-4% of the battery.. in comparison to my nexus mod 2.0 LWP that took 4%, Shapewriter taking 3-4%, how about phone idle @ 5%, so it would not be noticeable.

TO change screen numbers, use the menu soft key-> preferences-> Number of screens. you can also change which screen is the default screen.

If one was rooted, could you not change the links in the underlying file system to point to any other application you wanted instead of the stock ones?

You don't have to use the stock browser, mine defaults to dolphin hd.

Same thing as the stock messaging app going straight to Hancent.

Those 2 are fine, browser and messaging docked, but the phone and contact docked buttons are weird together since they go to the exact same place, just different tabbed areas so it's useless.

Same thing as the stock messaging app going straight to Hancent.

Those 2 are fine, browser and messaging docked, but the phone and contact docked buttons are weird together since they go to the exact same place, just different tabbed areas so it's useless.

The docked phone button goes straight to Dialer One on my phone. I don't have a custom contacts program, or I am guessing it would go to the chosen default with it as well.

Love it. This is the Home replacement I've been waiting for.

Fast, using 5 screens (no need for 7 yet!), icons at bottom are perfect for me.

A++

I'm so sorry, but after installing, how do you use it?

This is my first time using such application.

When you press Home, you should have a choice as to which Home you want to use. Pressing the LauncherPro will take you to it. I suggest getting the app Home Switcher. It makes it easy to select your default Home application or you can just "Launch" one to see what it'll do. If you Launch a Home, and have another as a default, it'll go to your default home.

How do i get more than three screens ?

Press Menu and then Preferences. The top control is for the number of screens while the one under that selects the default screen for Home.

wow this is quick... any of you NOT overclocked still experiencing great speed/snappiness with this?

Back