LauncherPro Beta (SUPER FAST & SMOOTH Launcher!)

I've used ADW on BB1.0, and this is easily as fast/snappy as ADW, but I've had less FC's so far... mind you it's only been a few hours. The transition to the drawer is the "fly in/out", and that's not instant like ADW, so it feels slower in that one instance, but it's still smooth and fast. I also like how ADW has 5 columns, but not a huge deal.

thanks for your input. looks like i'll be sticking with ADW for now. it's been flawless for me with not FC's.

I also run a stock root most of the time, and ADW won't run on that... so I'm a fan of this for sure :)

understandable.

fwiw i just tried this out. it's not bad. very very smoth transitions. but again, i'll stick with ADW.

I have the stock home, GDE with Hero theme, Helix1, home++, clockwork mod, launcher pro, sweeterhome2 and zeam all installed on my phone, non rooted. That's 8 home apps installed and I have 12 widgets running right now on this thing.. This home app doesn't even flinch with all that going on..
Thas wassup.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Again, I'll switch to this as soon as we can replace the dock shortcuts. (I hate "rebuilding" my home screens all the time, so I can just wait...)

Does it matter if you leave all your existing widgets/icons on the stock home screen when running this app as far as speed goes? If Android runs stuff in the background then I would think widgets which update themselves are still doing that despite being "covered up" by this Home replacement. Any validation or rebuttal to this thought?

You should delete your widgets at least, if things seem slow

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Yeahh im having a problem with the widgets. I love the app and the look it gives the home screen, but is it lacking widgets, which makes it a no-go for me. Gotta have my widgets =D

Wow. I just can't believe how good this thing is. I didn't believe all the "wow's" and "unebeliveable!" comments..... then I installed it.

Wow.

If they let you customize the bottom icons, its 100% 5 stars.

thanks for your input. looks like i'll be sticking with ADW for now. it's been flawless for me with not FC's.

I also run a stock root most of the time, and ADW won't run on that... so I'm a fan of this for sure :)

understandable.

fwiw i just tried this out. it's not bad. very very smoth transitions. but again, i'll stick with ADW.
adw fan here too. It is very fast, customizable status and hidden shortcuts. Plus, you can set the number of columns in the drawer. Many options to work with. But you do have to be rooted. Launcher pro seems like the best app for non rooted droids.

So if you hit the home button twice with the default or helex it would go back to your default page. I see under config that you can tell it which page is default, but I can find a way to have it go back to that page without selecting it on the group page. Any help? Love it. Way faster.

Can anyone explain why this launcher is SO much faster than the Helix launcher? Does it have to do with the way its coded?

I just dont understand how there can be such a dramatic difference.

I hesitated on this all day until just now. All I have to say is WOW! The Android devs never fail to surprise and impress! I mean, just not long ago we had the normal whine threads about the stuttery home screen and the fact that the iPhone is so much smoother, blah, blah, blah. Well if this isn't proof that Android is just as capable of being smooth, I don't know what is. It's almost as though it's using the GPU to render. Can anyone in the know elaborate on this? Granted I am running a 1.1ghz kernel which will certainly help.

I am impressed. I agree that the shortcuts should be customizable and I would like the option of being apple to turn off the app drawer effects but so far I like this over helix, gde, home+, and tag home.

This thing is sick! My droid now feels as fast an Incredible! and it has the multitouch-enabled sense preview. I have to admit I was skeptical, I have never stuck with a home replacement app before, but this is great! EDIT: it even works perfectly in landscape!

Last edited:
Whats multi touch sense preview?

This thing is sick! My droid now feels as fast an Incredible! and it has the multitouch-enabled sense preview. I have to admit I was skeptical, I have never stuck with a home replacement app before, but this is great!

Back