LauncherPro Beta (SUPER FAST & SMOOTH Launcher!)

from his post: http://www.launcherpro.com/?p=14

"Alright, so I’ve been working all day on LauncherPro, fixing bugs and adding features. It’s late and I’m tired, but didn’t want to go to bed before publishing the update, so please bear with me.
What’s new in 0.2.0:

• Fixed missing highlights when navigating app drawer with trackball/dpad.
  • Fixed bug where some widgets would sometimes get dragged when doing a pinch gesture.
  • Fixed force close problems when pressing a shortcut on some devices. (Haven’t been able to test this since I can’t reproduce the bug, but it should work)
  • New: Added a button on the app drawer to go back to the home screens.
  • New: Added options for 4 and 6 home screens. Now you can choose anywhere from 3 to 7 screens.
  • New: Option to auto-rotate the launcher to landscape mode when the device is rotated.
  • New: Option to have the Home key on your device take you to your default home screen instead of showing the previews. If you’re already on the default screen, it will bring up the previews.
That’s it for now. I think I came up with a pretty nice way to handle the shortcut dock customization. If there are no big bugs in the current release I should be able to start working on it tomorrow, though it probably won’t be ready until next week (going to New Zealand for the weekend).
Thanks again for all the comments, suggestions, and bug reports. Keep ‘em coming!
PS:
I’ve been swamped with emails about LauncherPro in the past two days and haven’t had time to reply to most of them yet. Please bear with me and know that your emails aren’t being ignored."

Wow... I have run Home ++ in the past, Helix for the last couple of months and I must say.... so far so good with LauncherPro!

The best part.... when I get calls now, my contact info shows up immediately, no lag like there is with Home ++ and Helix, that alone makes this one a winner for me.

so far, seems just as fast/snappy with the changes he made in the update

i have 5 screens for this..its no big deal to me..but home screen is number 2 not number 3.
so on the SENSE PREVIEW my middle screen, i thought. should have been the middle (home) screen or No 3 screen out of 5.
No big deal, nice to have landscape on it now w/o the keyboard out.
:D

Why do SO many comments want the 3D app drawer? The 3d drawer is slower and not as efficient IMO. It pretty much eliminates a row of icons and has that weird snap effect that bounces it back. I find it kind of annoying lol. The 2D drawer with fly-in is perfect.

i have 5 screens for this..its no big deal to me..but home screen is number 2 not number 3.
so on the SENSE PREVIEW my middle screen, i thought. should have been the middle (home) screen or No 3 screen out of 5.

The home screen is configurable.... I am also running 5 screens, and I set my home to #3

you can change the home screen to 3, and total screens to whatever

Why do SO many comments want the 3D app drawer? The 3d drawer is slower and not as efficient IMO. It pretty much eliminates a row of icons and has that weird snap effect that bounces it back. I find it kind of annoying lol. The 2D drawer with fly-in is perfect.

Agree 100%.

Once he gets the customizable dock I think I'm done, I won't need another launcher. Hopefully this launcher won't suffer from feature bloat. Keep it lean and mean.

The only difference I've noticed since the update, and this is almost not worth mentioning... VERY minor... Before, when I'd hit the button to open the app drawer, I could start scrolling before the "fly in" effect finished, making it feel faster b/c I could start my next action instantly. Now the "fly in" effect has to finish. Like I said... minor.

Agree 100%.

Once he gets the customizable dock I think I'm done, I won't need another launcher. Hopefully this launcher won't suffer from feature bloat. Keep it lean and mean.
Yeah if he adds the 3d drawer and screenshots and tons of other stuff, it will most likely start to slow down.

Now if he can do it all without killing performance then power to him, even though I prefer the 2D drawer over the 3D drawer by A LOT.

Agree 100%.

+1 for that. The new update is pretty sweet.

I think a simple addition that would probably satisfy the majority is make the app tray handle more transparent or smoked. It would match stuff a little more, especially when we can put custom icons on the dock.

Yep, make the dock icons customizable and I may never update past that. I do not want a 3d app drawer or any bloat features that will slow it down.

Yeah the new update is pretty sweet!! It forecloses a bit more now, but not a huge deal. I am really liking when you tap the HOME icon it takes it to your default screen now. I am also really liking being able to rotate the screen w/ the keyboard closed! The HOME icon in the app draw is a nice add, but just the same as hitting the back button, IMO, lol. Still an amazing update & it can only get better from here.!

Back