LauncherPro Beta (SUPER FAST & SMOOTH Launcher!)

i have 5 screens for this..its no big deal to me..but home screen is number 2 not number 3.
so on the SENSE PREVIEW my middle screen, i thought. should have been the middle (home) screen or No 3 screen out of 5.
No big deal, nice to have landscape on it now w/o the keyboard out.
:D

The home screen is configurable.... I am also running 5 screens, and I set my home to #3

i have 5 screens for this..its no big deal to me..but home screen is number 2 not number 3.
so on the SENSE PREVIEW my middle screen, i thought. should have been the middle (home) screen or No 3 screen out of 5.
No big deal, nice to have landscape on it now w/o the keyboard out.
:D

you can change the home screen to 3, and total screens to whatever

Thanks guys, that did the trick.
Prrrreciate it.
lol

Why do SO many comments want the 3D app drawer? The 3d drawer is slower and not as efficient IMO. It pretty much eliminates a row of icons and has that weird snap effect that bounces it back. I find it kind of annoying lol. The 2D drawer with fly-in is perfect.

Agree 100%.

Once he gets the customizable dock I think I'm done, I won't need another launcher. Hopefully this launcher won't suffer from feature bloat. Keep it lean and mean.
Yeah if he adds the 3d drawer and screenshots and tons of other stuff, it will most likely start to slow down.

Now if he can do it all without killing performance then power to him, even though I prefer the 2D drawer over the 3D drawer by A LOT.

I agree as well.

this is faster then helix, once we can customize the bottom row this will be the BEST launcher.

I like I like, I was using the one with six icons on the bottom plus two but yeah it kept blacking out my screen so Imma give this one a try!! hope all is well!

Sometimes when I hit the home button while in an app (i.e. Gallery) there is a "pause" (launcher screen does show up) and defaults to home screen 3 instead of last know position (i.e. screen 5)

Anyone else have this issue?

Sometimes when I hit the home button while in an app (i.e. Gallery) there is a "pause" (launcher screen does show up) and defaults to home screen 3 instead of last know position (i.e. screen 5)

Anyone else have this issue?

To me that sounds like that's what it's supposed to do. I suggest using the Back button to get back to the last screen.

Last edited:
Just installed the latest ADW with the new setting to change scrolling speed on the home screen. I think it's still a hair snappier, though that could strictly be the transition between home and app drawer. I like the dock better on ADW still. However, I'm running ADW on BB1.0 oc'd to 1.2, and launcherpro on stock root oc'd to 1.1... fwiw :icon_eek:

If anyone is interested in a NexThemed version of LauncherPro, I have one available. Looks like this:

CAP201005191326.jpg

It is the latest 0.2 release, and can be installed even on non-rooted Droids (signed .apk). Only con is you will have to uninstall LauncherPro first and reinstall with this .apk. This means you'll have to redo your screens :(

com.fede.launcher.apk

Hey Fabolous,

That looks really good. Would you be able to switch the contacts icon with the gmail icon in the dockbar? That would make it amazing because a lot of people, myself included, don't use contacts.

Thanks,

Xiaosong

Hey Fabolous,

That looks really good. Would you be able to switch the contacts icon with the gmail icon in the dockbar? That would make it amazing because a lot of people, myself included, don't use contacts.

Thanks,

Xiaosong

All he can do is replace the icons, not which app is launched.

This is definately IMO the best Home replacement App. I have even tried Home++, Helix, and Launcher+. This is by far well ahead of the rest. I agree with most that once they include customization of the docked icons that this will surpass anything out there. :)

What pdroid he said. He is changing the look, not the function.

If anyone is interested in a NexThemed version of LauncherPro, I have one available. Looks like this:

CAP201005191326.jpg

It is the latest 0.2 release, and can be installed even on non-rooted Droids (signed .apk). Only con is you will have to uninstall LauncherPro first and reinstall with this .apk. This means you'll have to redo your screens :(

com.fede.launcher.apk

Someone ought to write a program that takes all your widgets, custom icons and COPIES it to another home screen. I swear people would pay for this given the number of home screens everyone's tried. I've gone from stock to Launcher2 to Home++ to Helix to Helix2, back to Helix, and now to LauncherPro. Yeah I'd like to stop reinventing the wheel with my cool customizations.

Launcherpro just added a new update. It fixed the auto rotate problem and also added the home button feature option for hitting home and getting you back to your default page. Instead of bringing up your pages. nice option and the features keep getting better. Love it.

Back