LauncherPro Beta (SUPER FAST & SMOOTH Launcher!)

Another update available right now. Pinch to Zoom on home screen to preview all screens.

Great. Now I need to rebuild my home screens again. :)

My "after 5 minues of use" notes:

1. As everyone is saying, this thing is screaming fast.
2. It works for me in landscape mode while in my Moto dock. I point this out because I saw someone else comment that it didn't work in landscape.
3. My Beautiful Home widget on ClockworkMod Launcher has the numbers slightly off center (in relation to the widget background) in landscape mode (enough that it was noticeable). That is not true with this launcher.

hopefully the dev can get the customizable dock icons up pretty soon haha...i really want to use this launcher as it is the best i've ever seen.

and from the developers page, he is working on customization of dock icons.
Mmmmm
gunna try it out now.. even though I love how fast and smooth Helix2 is with BB 1.1
I see no way that H2 would be faster than this launcher. H1 is faster than H2 IMO and neither of them come close to LauncherPro.

I like Helix2 better than helix1.

But this launcher is pretty niffty! Hate setting up my 7 screens again but oh well almost done already.
I love the thumbnail view when you press the home button, thats new to me lol

Anything else I'm not aware of?

LauncherPro Beta v0.1.2 on Android Market now!

Thanks for all the suggestions and bug reports so far!
Version 0.1.2 is ready to test, here is what’s new:

• Fixed interactivity with Live Wallpapers (I still hate those things, but oh well)
  • Fixed the bug where pressing the home button after opening the SMS app triggered the screen previews
  • New feature: You can now do a pinch gesture to bring up the screen previews! Simply pinch the screen and the previews will appear. Your phone must support multi-touch in order for this to work. The sensitivity of the gesture might need some tweaking, please let me know how it’s working for you in the comments.
That’s it for now. I’m still trying to figure out the best way to implement custom shortcuts on the bottom bar. Also, here’s a couple of things coming soon to LauncherPro:

• On-screen button to go from the app drawer back to the home screen
  • Automatic landscape mode rotation for phones that don’t have a physical keyboard
  • Customizable shortcuts on bottom bar
    icon_wink.gif
Anyway, keep the suggestions and bug reports coming!

Diordna said:

But this launcher is pretty niffty! Hate setting up my 7 screens again but oh well almost done already.

Not really. This Launcher doesn't have a ton of features yet, its main appeal is its speed and stability. You can pinch-zoom to get the thumbnail view also.

• Fixed interactivity with Live Wallpapers (I still hate those things, but oh well)
  • Fixed the bug where pressing the home button after opening the SMS app triggered the screen previews
  • New feature: You can now do a pinch gesture to bring up the screen previews! Simply pinch the screen and the previews will appear. Your phone must support multi-touch in order for this to work. The sensitivity of the gesture might need some tweaking, please let me know how it’s working for you in the comments.
That’s it for now. I’m still trying to figure out the best way to implement custom shortcuts on the bottom bar. Also, here’s a couple of things coming soon to LauncherPro:

• Automatic landscape mode rotation for phones that don’t have a physical keyboard
    icon_wink.gif

1. Screen Capture
2. Disable Notification bar

These 2 would be a great add on if possible.

I enjoy the clean look of the icons at the bottom. I realize the dev is toying with ideas on how to best implement custom icons. I understand why alot of thought should go into this, because it is very clean with the whited icons. Perhaps having a dozen or so preset whited icons and being allowed from a menu to choose the icons and associated programs? I'm just throwing out ideas. I like the simplicity of Helix being able to drag them down too, but hate to give up the clean look.

icon_wink.gif

The new feature is a little weird, plus pushing the home button seems a lot easier and faster than pinching it, but it's pretty cool still

Diordna said:

Not really. This Launcher doesn't have a ton of features yet, its main appeal is its speed and stability. You can pinch-zoom to get the thumbnail view also.

And it doesn't need much more, IMO. :heart: A few more options around launcher shortcuts (maybe a basic set of system apps like market, music, corp email, etc to choose from) and I'd be completely happy. It's fast, easy to use, has the pinch screen selector... Nice work!

The pinch thing works great, but could be a tad more sensitive.

Last edited:
I enjoy the clean look of the icons at the bottom. I realize the dev is toying with ideas on how to best implement custom icons. I understand why alot of thought should go into this, because it is very clean with the whited icons. Perhaps having a dozen or so preset whited icons and being allowed from a menu to choose the icons and associated programs? I'm just throwing out ideas. I like the simplicity of Helix being able to drag them down too, but hate to give up the clean look.

Yeah I like this idea.

I love the look of them at the bottom, but it's useless with the contact and phone icon down there when they both open to the same thing, just different tabs. Not worth having different cool looking bottom icons for both.

1. Screen Capture
2. Disable Notification bar

These 2 would be a great add on if possible.

2nd this^.

I'm loving the speed of this app. Had one FC the first time I opened the keyboard to go to landscape, but other than that, it's been great. I like the clean look of the static icons, but wouldn't mind the option to make them a different color. I have a lighter background and the white icons don't look quite right.

icon_wink.gif

On Motorola Droid, it works on Landscape Mode, but only when you slide the screen up to utilize the keyboard. Would be nice once it can work with rotation to landscape without the need of sliding the scree to open....Other than this this Launcher rocks by far!!

Back