LauncherPro Beta (SUPER FAST & SMOOTH Launcher!)

I've just downloaded it and played with it a small bit. I'm coming from Helix 1.4 beta

Pros:
1) Fast and smooth
2) Apps drawer is clean and I noticed that it doesn't always go to the top of the list. This is nice because I may be adding several apps on a screen and they are all close in spelling.

Cons:
1) The bottom icons aren't customizable. I don't text and the Contacts are redundant with Phone. Also, I'm not using the default phone app to begin with. For me this makes the bottom 4 just about useless.
2) Unable to go to landscape without either opening the keyboard or putting it on the multimedia dock.

I realize the cons are being addressed so it'll only be a matter of time before they will be gone.

Bottom line: I'll keep it, but will remain using Helix 1 until the changes are made.

Last edited:
On Motorola Droid, it works on Landscape Mode, but only when you slide the screen up to utilize the keyboard. Would be nice once it can work with rotation to landscape without the need of sliding the kb to open

My wishlist:

The above is a must have!
Ability to change icons on the bottom (or at least the program they launch)
Ability to hide app names on icons and shortcuts (i really love that in Helix 1.4)

Thanks for the program though, it is super fast! dancedroid

On Motorola Droid, it works on Landscape Mode, but only when you slide the screen up to utilize the keyboard. Would be nice once it can work with rotation to landscape without the need of sliding the kb to open
My wishlist:

The above is a must have!
Ability to change icons on the bottom (or at least the program they launch)
Ability to hide app names on icons and shortcuts (i really love that in Helix 1.4)

Thanks for the program though, it is super fast! dancedroid

Where do you get Helix 1.4 from?

That’s it for now. I’m still trying to figure out the best way to implement custom shortcuts on the bottom bar. Also, here’s a couple of things coming soon to LauncherPro:

• On-screen button to go from the app drawer back to the home screen
  • Automatic landscape mode rotation for phones that don’t have a physical keyboard
  • Customizable shortcuts on bottom bar
    icon_wink.gif
Anyway, keep the suggestions and bug reports coming!
Droids, you're the dev for this? Sweet.

One thing to keep in mind for bottom bar shortcuts: if possible allow for the use of replacement icons from Folder Organizer. That, or leave an option to use the static gray icons you have now, as they match my color scheme :)

Awesome work on the launcher though.

On Motorola Droid, it works on Landscape Mode, but only when you slide the screen up to utilize the keyboard. Would be nice once it can work with rotation to landscape without the need of sliding the scree to open....Other than this this Launcher rocks by far!!
My Moto Droid works just fine in landscape mode sitting in my desk dock. The app bar sits on the right but the icons and widgets orient perfectly for me without opening the keyboard.

Edit: just saw the comment about how landscape only works with they keyboard open OR the while using the home dock.

Last edited:
Amazing Home replacement!
Im coming from HELIX and this is so much better, so smooth. Slows a bit with Live Wallpapers but over all so much better then anything else.
Im Excited for more changes!

Droids, you're the dev for this? Sweet.

One thing to keep in mind for bottom bar shortcuts: if possible allow for the use of replacement icons from Folder Organizer. That, or leave an option to use the static gray icons you have now, as they match my color scheme :)

Awesome work on the launcher though.
No, he copied that from the developers website.

This is actually very nice. Just a few minutes to become my default....

Just installed this...whoa is it fast! I think I have my new default launcher. If he can make the icons at the bottom customizable this thing will be unstoppable.

Helix 1 looked like a snail compared to LauncherPro, within 15 minutes it became my default and helix was removed in a matter of seconds! I do agree also that a customizable shortcut bar is the only thing I see even remotely missing from this app!

I haven't read through all 10 pages here, but another thing about this launcher is that is restores the app drawer to where you left off, I love that! I hate going down to the bottom of a crapton of apps only to have to scroll all the way down again. On a related note, is there a way to copy the icon/all layout from one launcher to another? So that when you switch launchers it doesn't take 20minutes to setup everything again since i had a full 5 screens loaded. I searched but didn't find anything.

is there a way to copy the icon/all layout from one launcher to another? So that when you switch launchers it doesn't take 20minutes to setup everything again since i had a full 5 screens loaded. I searched but didn't find anything.

Not that I know of. I saw where droid-life.com's owner replied to the same question and said, "no, but if you could make that app, you'd be a bizillionaire." :icon_ banana:

Wow this thing is fast. Faster than stock and Helix. And scrolling through the app tray is lightning fast. The four static icons at the bottom are kinda bland but they are the same four I use in Helix. Would be nice to be able to use my own.

Back