LauncherPro Beta (SUPER FAST & SMOOTH Launcher!)

He got 3 out of 4 right for me. Substitute gmail for dialer and it would have been golden. :)

is there a way to copy the icon/all layout from one launcher to another? So that when you switch launchers it doesn't take 20minutes to setup everything again since i had a full 5 screens loaded. I searched but didn't find anything.

Not that I know of. I saw where droid-life.com's owner replied to the same question and said, "no, but if you could make that app, you'd be a bizillionaire." :icon_ banana:

Yeah I saw that too.

Taking screenshots makes the process go quicker for me.

LauncherPro Beta...check it out

I've been using Helixlauncher 2 for awile and thought it was good. Then I sad seen this launcher in the market. I gotta say, I like it! Its fast, can have up to 7 screens which you can set which one for main home screen, SenseUI-styled previews by pressing “home", 4 shortcuts to phone, contacts, MMS, and browser ( the only negative so far is that you can't pick which shortcuts to put there ...yet hopefully!) ,a 3D app drawer...... and there is NO lag! Unlike Helix L 2. Try it out and see how it is. I know I've been looking for a good launcher with no lag and this may be it. dancedroid

I've been using Helixlauncher 2 for awile and thought it was good. Then I sad seen this launcher in the market. I gotta say, I like it! Its fast, can have up to 7 screens which you can set which one for main home screen, SenseUI-styled previews by pressing “home", 4 shortcuts to phone, contacts, MMS, and browser ( the only negative so far is that you can't pick which shortcuts to put there ...yet hopefully!) ,a 3D app drawer...... and there is NO lag! Unlike Helix L 2. Try it out and see how it is. I know I've been looking for a good launcher with no lag and this may be it. dancedroid[/QUOTE

I agree, it's pretty sweet. Another problem for the Droid is that you can't go to landscape unless you open the keyboard. This was discussed on another thread (well, this one now that it' s merged). While I like it, I'm gonna stay with Helix 1.4 until the changes are made (I know they're working on it).

Last edited:
what makes you think droid THEMES is the place to post this?

edit - oops, sorry. i see you're from filly. that explains everything..

I just started using this at work, and I have to say, I am mighty impressed with it so far. I don't really care about how the App Drawer comes up (though, it is pretty snazzy), but I really like everything else with it. The little lag I was experiencing with HelixLauncher 1 (most recent update) is gone. Also, I really like the Sense-like zoom-out when you tap the home button. Flawless. I do have 2 minor suggestions that I think could help.

1- I know you're in the process of adding the ability to modify the static shortcuts on the bottom. That is great, but don't lose the look. I love the whited out ghosted look that is there now. For people that have a white background, perhaps different color options for them.
2- If you can (and I'm not sure its possible on non-rooted phones like mine), have the ability to hide the notifications bar. Between the LED when the phone is off and the widgets I already have running, the notifications bar is useless for me.

I'm so sorry, but after installing, how do you use it?

This is my first time using such application.

Last edited:
Nice! Really fast! I love the way the app drawer opens. Line many others, customizing the four shortcuts would be great.

I am always amazed by developers who keep coming out with better and better apps!

Monty

What's weird is that when I started using Helix it was speedy as hell.

I started using this one and it's slowed down to near Helix speeds.

Is there something common about these programs that ends up slowing them down?

I've noticed that it has to re-populate each screen after you use an application. Does stock have to do that?

Why is it slower today?

Can I check with you guys regarding the use of third-party homescreens? Will it take out more ram and drain more battery life?

What's weird is that when I started using Helix it was speedy as hell.

I started using this one and it's slowed down to near Helix speeds.

Is there something common about these programs that ends up slowing them down?

I've noticed that it has to re-populate each screen after you use an application. Does stock have to do that?

Why is it slower today?

Erm.. Mine is alright, much much faster than the default homescreen.

Back