New ICS leak 6.7.235

Hollywood67 said:
Well I didnt have the insurance so I thought I would shop around a bit for a replacement, but I wasnt willing to spend too much and relinquish my unlimited plan.
Researched how to fix myself and where to buy a kit. In the end I decided not to wait for the kit to arrive and I found a local repair shop. They fixed me up in less than an hour.

I'm curious, how much did it cost to have them replace screen? If you don't mind me asking.

No I dont mind you asking. We all come here frequently for advice and to learn more about our phones. I believe that to be the true nature of this community.
The kits themselves were running between $60-90, with the difference being that some came with tools and some not. I found a few people around that would do the job for between $125-155. In the end I went with the fastest one and wound up only costing $115. Incidentally I saw what looked like some dust particles under my screen so I wound up taking it back in a second time. The guys were very good about blowing the dust out and making it right.
Anybody who wants the shop contact you info can PM me....

Cool stuff. $115 done in an hour. Sounds great to me. I wonder if you can get them to upgrade the screen size or type. Wouldn't mind having amoled or ips on my bionic right now even if it needs to be 4.3

Changing the screen type on a smartphone is not as easy as just taking the old one off and putting on something else like an amoled on. There is firmware, software and drivers that need to be updated if even available and they are not related to the OS but to the phone hardware. Graphics on smartphones is handled by the graphics chip.

Rooting assistance

ok, so i have tried motofail / casual beta on m mac in order to root my razr with system 211.xt912 on it. that program doesnt connect to my phone even though i am in debugging mode etc. Help

bukow1cm said:
ok, so i have tried motofail / casual beta on m mac in order to root my razr with system 211.xt912 on it. that program doesnt connect to my phone even though i am in debugging mode etc. Help

Do you have the latest drivers? You may want to try getting help in the RAZR area. They'll probably have more insight.

Huh? Razrs_edge_windows is not a razr thing. It's for bionic. Latest drivers are required.

Oh they're asking for razr on Mac... Yea you need razr support... Never mind.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

True, but i dont understand why anyone would want to go back anyways. As long as you can go forward youre golden..

Someone could find a particular bug in .235 that they can't live with and would want to go back to .905, or if they have to send their phone in for warranty repair before the official OTA comes out, then they'd need to go back. Also, as of right now being able to go forward is still theoretical. It will likely work, but until that OTA comes down, nobody will know for sure.

Someone could find a particular bug in .235 that they can't live with and would want to go back to .905, or if they have to send their phone in for warranty repair before the official OTA comes out, then they'd need to go back. Also, as of right now being able to go forward is still theoretical. It will likely work, but until that OTA comes down, nobody will know for sure.

The theory has been used on other phones so it's more than theoretical. It's how things were done for ICS leaks on the D4 and RAZR.

Huh? Razrs_edge_windows is not a razr thing. It's for bionic. Latest drivers are required.

Oh they're asking for razr on Mac... Yea you need razr support... Never mind.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Thought for a second I had read another post wrong and was again offering unhelpful advice.

:D

Back