NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if it does include tethering I wouldn't use it. I can only imagine how fast I would be over my data limit using it to watch Netflix or play on Xbox live.

I have high speed internet for my home network, I let my Incredible latch on to that and I will continue to do the same with my next phone. I REFUSE to pay for a mobile data plan that will cost more than the internet that I run a desktop, 2 laptops, ps3, xbox, wii, and ipad off of at the same time and have UNLIMITED amount of data to use.

My current VZW bill would be $90 (450 nationwide+$30 data plan) if it wasnt for my corp. discount. Once they can offer me tethering that can replace my current home network with no data cap I will consider paying $50 a month for data, until then LTE is dead to me.

Forgot to mention that I do have tethering on my Incredible, have used it once for about 3 minutes in a bar one night.

Even when I travel for work, there is no need due to more and more places offering free wifi. Verizon needs to realize that some of us don't rely on the "blistering speeds" of the network when we can latch on to a wireless signal.

Back on topic, if this holds out to be true it is a deal breaker for me. Hopefiully we will find out in the next 2 weeks

I love it so much good news these days

We can only hope this most recent rumor isnt true... Meanwhile, how many here still think its coming this thursday? Not looking likely. Maybe next, but the 17 is pretty much a guarantee, considering panda's original tweet.

This is way off topic and I apologize but I now have 5 email accounts on my win mobile phone. Is there an ez way to transfer them to the android platform or is a manual switch? If someone can link me to a post that explins the way, I would appreciate it.

Now, to get back on topic, I have been drooling for this phone for approx 2 months. I hope that 2-5 months after I get it I am not drooling for a different one. I don't think my salivery glands can take the stress, let alone the cost for the tissues

kind of off topic- but i preordered the TB from best buy a month ago and now its not out and im leaving out of state to MI (from CA). would i be able to get the phone from any best buy? or does it have to be the one i pre ordered it from?

Since no announcement today with the VZW Exec investor interview, I would assume we are talking next Thursday, 3/10 at the earliest.

If they are also announcing new data plans with the TB, you would have to assume they will need some time for it to sink in to customers and for their customer service folks to be trained on the new rates, etc.

So... if they JUST came up with the new rates (assume this week), the training materials need to be made up, sent up, train the trainer sessions, etc. This is not like "we are going from $29.99 unlim to $34.99 unlim" this is a new ball game and the CS reps will need some info on it - there will be lots of questions...

Mods... think this data plan post is on topic since it is related to impacting the release date.

but you should be grandfathered in anyway even when you upgrade from the tb in a year or two. as long as you don't change your plan. like minutes...ect.... right?
Question BUMP!!!! I also thought this??? is that right or what?

Another question regarding being grandfathered.

If they do this it shouldnt affect those currently under contract doing the one yr early upgrade, being we should still be under the same contract, right?

but you should be grandfathered in anyway even when you upgrade from the tb in a year or two. as long as you don't change your plan. like minutes...ect.... right?

They(VZW) can do whatever they want after your contract expires. They don't have to grandfather anything.

Now, lets keep this thread on topic folks. You can post separate question/issues in the main thunderbolt section.

They(VZW) can do whatever they want after your contract expires. They don't have to grandfather anything.

Now, lets keep this thread on topic folks. You can post separate question/issues in the main thunderbolt section.
then after the 2 years wouldnt u go month 2 month or just extend your contract with the same price?

Historically VZW has sometimes allowed multi-contract grandfathering as a way to entice long-time customers to stay with Verizon but they're not obligated to do so. Once your contract is up Verizon can do whatever it wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back