NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Shammo spent a lot of time talking about LTE pricing. Today, Verizon Wireless offers a 5GB a month plan for $50 and 10GB for $80. LTE will drive average revenue per unit (ARPU) accretion, said Shammo." (This is quoted/copied from the link: Verizon: HTC Thunderbolt coming 'very shortly,' LTE tiered pricing too | ZDNet provided earlier).

If they do this with the TB I just simply will not purchase it and will drop my lines and go find a new home elsewhere. I am still hoping for the best.

I am not in a 4G area, so I better not have to pay for 4G.
Besides, I thought TB did both 3G and 4G?

If they do that, I am not getting the TB, and probably going somewhere else besides Verizon.
I don't know what they have been thinking lately.

personally, I'm on the march 10th bandwagon. lots of good evidence for that date... but I guess we'll see

and I think a lot of people need to think that perhaps, since the new tiered data plans are coming "mid-summer" and the TB is coming this month, that those who get it before the launch of the "mid-summer" tiered data plans will still be paying the original unlimited price at $30/mo. am I wrong in thinking this is a possibility?

personally, I'm on the march 10th bandwagon. lots of good evidence for that date... but I guess we'll see

and I think a lot of people need to think that perhaps, since the new tiered data plans are coming "mid-summer" and the TB is coming this month, that those who get it before the launch of the "mid-summer" tiered data plans will still be paying the original unlimited price at $30/mo. am I wrong in thinking this is a possibility?

The quotes seemed to indicate that the new plans would be WITH the TB.

true, but maybe they mean WITH the TB when the new plans come out during the summer, get what I mean? haha perhaps I am being ridiculously optimistic.

i hope they elaborate very soon. please dont drop this on us and not explain further...

true, but maybe they mean WITH the TB when the new plans come out during the summer, get what I mean? haha perhaps I am being ridiculously optimistic.

• “As we progress down the LTE range and bring more devices to the table—we will be launching the HTC Thunderbolt very shortly here—that will give you a flavor of what our tiered pricing structure will look like going forward.
  • “LTE also gives us the capability to price very differently than we priced before. Not just on consumption, but also possibly on speed differentiation. So we are still working through those models. Don’t know if we will do something there yet, but wireless is still working through those and that will come out with the HTC launch.
Sorry... don't know any other way to read that one...

Good news is = very shortly here from a release date perspective.

Two months ago I was talking with someone deep inside VZ and he told me that they have TB and Bionic coming but that they gonna release the Bionic before the TB . Can this have been the plan all along ? Trying to push a Motorola 4G phone first ? It comes natural after the success they had with Motorola Droid to go with Motorola again for a first not HTC .

good luck keeping it on topic. The whole 400 some odd pages of this thread have wondered off topic. I guess when there isn't any news on the thunderbolt we have nothing better to talk about.

Two months ago I was talking with someone deep inside VZ and he told me that they have TB and Bionic coming but that they gonna release the Bionic before the TB . Can this have been the plan all along ? Trying to push a Motorola 4G phone first ? It comes natural after the success they had with Motorola Droid to go with Motorola again for a first not HTC .

Bionic is 3g if I am not mistaken.

good luck keeping it on topic. The whole 400 some odd pages of this thread have wondered off topic. I guess when there isn't any news on the thunderbolt we have nothing better to talk about.
Ok, how about this, the thread can be closed down if there's nothing to talk about. Repeated off-topic discussion will close the thread and infractions can be handed out.

I haven't really owned my own smartphone yet (just played with a lot of other peoples for an extended time) so I was wondering even if they charge for LTE can't I just connect to wifi and that is unlimited? If so, I'll have no problem getting it.

I'm really hoping for a 10th release. So I can ask for this beast for my Birthday (the 10th).

I simply have a hard time believing that the TB has been delayed by the tiered program.

If it has been pre ordered at BB and then subsequently experienced a price change in both phone and calling plan, that would be virtual suicide.

I'm sticking with the idea that we're on schedule until 3/31.

BTW, I vote for the 10th.

I simply have a hard time believing that the TB has been delayed by the tiered program.

If it has been pre ordered at BB and then subsequently experienced a price change in both phone and calling plan, that would be virtual suicide.

I'm sticking with the idea that we're on schedule until 3/31.

BTW, I vote for the 10th.

I have a hard time believing they are going to release the TB with the tiered prices.
I mean, 4G is hardly anywhere right now, and even so I don't want it limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back