NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news from VZW CFO:

• “...we will be launching the HTC Thunderbolt very shortly"
Bad news from VZW CFO:

• "...will give you a flavor of what our tiered pricing structure will look like going forward.”
  • “LTE also gives us the capability to price very differently than we priced before. Not just on consumption, but also possibly on speed differentiation. So we are still working through those models. Don’t know if we will do something there yet, but wireless is still working through those and that will come out with the HTC launch.”
I see it coming next week or possibly the week after. Need time to train everyone on the new pricing.

I am not in a 4G area, so I better not have to pay for 4G.
Besides, I thought TB did both 3G and 4G?

If they do that, I am not getting the TB, and probably going somewhere else besides Verizon.
I don't know what they have been thinking lately.

If you don't have LTE in your area yet, simply toggle 4G off and only use 3G. That way you pay nothing extra, just $30 for unlimited 3G. That's what I plan for anyway, until I get it in my area. You don't neeed to be on LTE all the time, and these are just 2 rumors still, nothing official yet.

Two months ago I was talking with someone deep inside VZ and he told me that they have TB and Bionic coming but that they gonna release the Bionic before the TB . Can this have been the plan all along ? Trying to push a Motorola 4G phone first ? It comes natural after the success they had with Motorola Droid to go with Motorola again for a first not HTC .

Not possible. The Bionic is nowhere near ready yet, and VZW would not release the dual core LTE phone before the single core LTE phone, that makes absolutely no sense. It would kill TB sales.

Bionic is 3g if I am not mistaken.

Yes, you are mistaken. It is an LTE phone (although it is backwards compatible, and you can choose to run it 3G only if you wish by toggling 4G off, just like with the TB).

Looks like no more Thunderbolt for me. 4G won't be in my area for a while and I'm definitely not going to pay for it in the mean time.

kind of off topic- but i preordered the TB from best buy a month ago and now its not out and im leaving out of state to MI (from CA). would i be able to get the phone from any best buy? or does it have to be the one i pre ordered it from?

I am heading into the same situation and my BB said no, it has to be redeemed within 24 hours at the store you prordered it because the preorders control how many phones they receive at a particular store. Sux, but after a bit of pushing, they said a manager Might make an exception

kind of off topic- but i preordered the TB from best buy a month ago and now its not out and im leaving out of state to MI (from CA). would i be able to get the phone from any best buy? or does it have to be the one i pre ordered it from?

I am heading into the same situation and my BB said no, it has to be redeemed within 24 hours at the store you prordered it because the preorders control how many phones they receive at a particular store. Sux, but after a bit of pushing, they said a manager Might make an exception

IDK how this works bt does the gift card say TB on it? is it activated already? All you would have to do is go in to whatever BB, at openning time, on launch date and purchase the TB and tell them you have a gift card. dont tell them its the deposite for the pre order.

I'm still hoping for the 10th, but the fact that Verizon's TB commercials are still MIA makes me more than a little skeptical. I saw the HTC commercial, featuring the TB, a couple times at the gym tonight. Has anyone seen Verizon's commercial recently?

I haven't really owned my own smartphone yet (just played with a lot of other peoples for an extended time) so I was wondering even if they charge for LTE can't I just connect to wifi and that is unlimited? If so, I'll have no problem getting it.

Can someone please answer this? ^

I haven't really owned my own smartphone yet (just played with a lot of other peoples for an extended time) so I was wondering even if they charge for LTE can't I just connect to wifi and that is unlimited? If so, I'll have no problem getting it.

Can someone please answer this? ^

if it can, please have it done in pm before the thread gets closed for being offtopic again.

3/3 seems unlikely now. 3/10 needs to happen, ill be out of state from 3/11 to 3/21.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Twix ill answer it but what exactly do you mean question is a little confusing

IDK how this works bt does the gift card say TB on it? is it activated already? All you would have to do is go in to whatever BB, at openning time, on launch date and purchase the TB and tell them you have a gift card. dont tell them its the deposite for the pre order.

Not any Best Buy, only the one you pre-ordered from. It sounds as if the people who pre-ordered get first crack at the TBs, then the general public without a pre-order get whatever is left (if any). If they are gone from that store after pre-orders are filled, you are out of luck until they restock. Quantities ordered depended on how many pre-orders Best Buy received. Do not expect to get it from another store. The gift card is a plain old gift card with $50 on it (can use it on anything in store), what reserves your place in line is the receipt from the $50 deposit.

Same here gut says wait for bionic but my want is for right now

Good news from VZW CFO:

• “...we will be launching the HTC Thunderbolt very shortly"
Bad news from VZW CFO:

• "...will give you a flavor of what our tiered pricing structure will look like going forward.”
  • “LTE also gives us the capability to price very differently than we priced before. Not just on consumption, but also possibly on speed differentiation. So we are still working through those models. Don’t know if we will do something there yet, but wireless is still working through those and that will come out with the HTC launch.”
I see it coming next week or possibly the week after. Need time to train everyone on the new pricing.
what:icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:?!?! i thought it was $30 unlimited for lte. if it's more that that then i have been waiting all this time for nothing as i am not going to pay extra for lte. could have got a new phone months ago.... this TB fiasco just gets worse and worse... guess i don't have to worry about waiting for this any more... anyone know how to get the money back from the BB pre-order??

Not any Best Buy, only the one you pre-ordered from. It sounds as if the people who pre-ordered get first crack at the TBs, then the general public without a pre-order get whatever is left (if any). If they are gone from that store after pre-orders are filled, you are out of luck until they restock. Quantities ordered depended on how many pre-orders Best Buy received. Do not expect to get it from another store. The gift card is a plain old gift card with $50 on it (can use it on anything in store), what reserves your place in line is the receipt from the $50 deposit.

You really think they only will order what people preorder? Im sure they will buy atleast a hundred (just a #) more TB to sell to the people just walking in. they r not goin to put it in their ad and not be able to sell any onless u preorder. So I think if you r there when they open you will be able to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back