NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two months ago I was talking with someone deep inside VZ and he told me that they have TB and Bionic coming but that they gonna release the Bionic before the TB . Can this have been the plan all along ? Trying to push a Motorola 4G phone first ? It comes natural after the success they had with Motorola Droid to go with Motorola again for a first not HTC .

Bionic is 3g if I am not mistaken.

The Bionic is a 4G LTE device.

I am heading into the same situation and my BB said no, it has to be redeemed within 24 hours at the store you prordered it because the preorders control how many phones they receive at a particular store. Sux, but after a bit of pushing, they said a manager Might make an exception

IDK how this works bt does the gift card say TB on it? is it activated already? All you would have to do is go in to whatever BB, at openning time, on launch date and purchase the TB and tell them you have a gift card. dont tell them its the deposite for the pre order.

Not any Best Buy, only the one you pre-ordered from. It sounds as if the people who pre-ordered get first crack at the TBs, then the general public without a pre-order get whatever is left (if any). If they are gone from that store after pre-orders are filled, you are out of luck until they restock. Quantities ordered depended on how many pre-orders Best Buy received. Do not expect to get it from another store. The gift card is a plain old gift card with $50 on it (can use it on anything in store), what reserves your place in line is the receipt from the $50 deposit.

You could also call the store in advance, and let them know you are moving out of state, confirm you can get the phone shipped to you from that store. I don't see why they can't do that or get the online or call into the mobile sales group.

Join the crowd. I sold off my DInc a month ago and have been waiting for the TB to launch. 4G is due in my market at the EOY, and the possibility of a jacked price point on the data seriously concerns me and dampens my mood to buy it. Problem is with no other release dates outed yet for the other phones I am leary of waiting for ever.

A couple of points-

the tweet from black_man_x about "paying for it" never really indicated he was talking about cost, rather sacrificing for devices (battery life, etc)

second, on the pricing issue... have any of you considered that the 29.99/unlimited could be the top end of the pricing on smartphones? not likely, but possible

Toasty my young friend I remember when I was blind of the fact that companies love to screw you when they get a chance to mzke money they will and be more expensive

Verizon Wireless: Tiered Pricing Coming This Summer - Though They're Still Not Sure About Specifics | DSLReports.com, ISP Information

"Over the last few years, Verizon's been repeatedly tinkering and experimenting with their wireless data pricing -- trying to figure out what customers are willing to pay. They've also hinted dozens of times that when LTE finally launched, they'd be tinkering with new, more usage-based pricing options. Verizon's LTE network launched last December for USB modem users only, and the pricing wasn't particularly compelling or creative, featuring plans ranging from $50-$80 a month with 5-10GB caps and overages as high as $10 per gigabyte.

When Verizon unveils their first LTE smartphones this summer, you'll finally get yet another pricing shift, which may or may not involve the death of unlimited data for smartphones. Speaking at an investor conference, Verizon stated the new tiers could be based on both usage and speed:
Verizon Communications CFO Fran Shammo told investors at the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media and Telecom conference Tuesday that these upcoming tiered pricing plans could be based upon consumption or speed differentiation, or both. "We are still working on the models," he said. Shammo added that the company initially launched the CDMA version of Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPhone 4 in February with an unlimited $30 per month data plan because it did not want to provide a barrier to anyone who wanted to experience the iPhone. "Everyone knows that isn't long-term," he added. "We will move to tiered pricing in the mid-summer time frame." "

I do think we need to get this on topic before it is closed.
I will set a new poll on what people think of the proposed new data plans and we can talk about it there.

You dont have to renew a contract. Once your contract is up you go month to month. So if someone signs a one year, they have the option to continue after the time is up. Most people renew the contract to get new phone, not just because they have to.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

This is on topic because it is about pricing and pricing effects the thunderbolt and whether or not someone will buy it plus this could be the reason for the hold up y Make a new thread its stupid

Yeah I have been month to month for a year since last Feb and still haven't used my upgrade

This is on topic because it is about pricing and pricing effects the thunderbolt and whether or not someone will buy it plus this could be the reason for the hold up y Make a new thread its stupid

Because this is not the "are you not going to buy the thunderbolt because of speculatory remarks about price gauging" thread.
"Re: NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?"

Please don't argue. A thread about pricing of lte data is reportedly being created. Don't get feisty.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back